Member No.: 1
Joined: 4-August 10
Alright, there arenít too many rules on this site, but we do have some and I expect them to be followed. If that sounded a little grouchy, donít panic. The rules are simple and pretty much what you see on every other site out there. They will be divided up for you into the following categories: Basic Rules, Character Rules, Posting Rules, and Celebrity Claim Rules.
1. Have fun! Remember this is an RPG, not your super important novel you have due to be finished next week or your editor will drop you like a bad smell. Experiment, entertain yourself, and relax.
2. Be respectful. This counts towards both staff and members. Weíre all people here. Just because someone does it a little differently than you, doesnít mean they are Satan incarnate (not even if theyíre playing him). If someone does something in a thread you donít like and they arenít breaking any rules, have the common courtesy to talk to them about it or respect your differences. This rule also counts for butting in on posts and begging people to roleplay with you. We do our best to not form clicks here, but if youíre pestering someone to write with you twenty-four seven, they are definitely going to post with someone else. Remember your common courtesy and your patience.
3. No godmodding. That means no moving anyoneís character, no assuming a punch landed its target, and no miraculously avoiding injury all the time. You have to have permission to assume another playerís character will be doing something or to move that character around. And no one never gets hurt, especially not here. Thatís just plain boring. Total bad ass is also boring. But weíre open to a little bad ass.
4. We try to be an active group, so please post a minimum of once a week.
5. Finally, this RPG is rated somewhere between PG-13 and R. That means there will be swearing, sex, blood, and guts. Itís an RPG of extremes. We wouldnít really be that if we didnít have extremes. However, you are required to label posts that display excessive violence or sex. Swearing weíre fine with. Kids hear worse on the bus these days than they could ever hear here, but if you want, you can put a label on that too.
1. We all know that characters are our babies, but if you donít like putting yours through hell, then this RPG probably isnít for you. Keep in mind that each and every character is going to face struggles in their daily lives and certainly some of those are going to be life threatening.
2. We accept characters of all ages, but remember that child characters as well as weak characters are going to have a harder time. Thatís pretty much a guarantee. Of course, we love variety though and we welcome these characters with open mouthsÖuh arms. Yes arms.
3. Characters can be drawn from and based off of anywhere. You can roleplay a Winchester from Supernatural or a hot stuff celebrity straight off the red carpet and anything in-between and beyond. The possibilities are literally endless. Yes, we accept OCís.
4. You are allowed to have as many characters as you like, but you must post at least one IC post for each one of them each week or we will consider that character starved to death. The exception to this rule, of course, is if you have warned us you are going to be away.
5. Everyone starts out with a cave character. You can have a character on the surface, however, after you have survived three weeks with your cave character. That means no just applying for a surface character. That kind of takes the whole point out of an RPG called, The Cave.
1. We post in third person, past tense here. Itís simple, efficient, and itís the norm for most RPGs.
2. You are fully allowed to double post if you are making a thread with yourself. That is to say, if you want to push your character forward or you need that one post per week in and canít find someone to rp with you, then go ahead and make a thread with yourself. That doesnít mean you can double post in a thread with someone else. Thatís just disrespectful. But if youíre posting with yourself, we donít mind.
3. Back on the note of respect, if someone is posting with themselves, make sure you ask them before you butt in. Itís likely that they have something planned.
Celebrity Claim Rules:
Our celebrity claim rules are that we have no celebrity claim rules. When youíre drawing characters from multiple movies and TV shows, youíre bound to get crossovers. Instead of telling the second person to get that PB to choose someone else, weíre just going to say, ďEh, go ahead.Ē Itís up to the players whether or not you consider your characters twins from alternate realities or just two people whose similar looks must be ignored. This is something youíd want to discuss with a roleplaying partner beforehand.