Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tastey Dumplings. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Legend of Zelda
shinegotower
Posted: May 15 2004, 08:50 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you ASKING FOR A CHALLENGE?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

What fans can expect in 2005 - it's marvelous.

user posted image

^_^ These graphics are beautiful! I'm so excited! You can go to www.ign.com or www.nintendo.com to download the entire Zelda tralier shown at this year's E3. But if you suffer form 56K syndrome, you can go to either to just look at screenshots as well. Also, here's a peice of artwork for the game:

user posted image

Amazingly, Nintendo has even taken the artwork a step above that of The Ocarina of Time, which has, until now, been considered the all-around best looking Zelda game. His boots look odd though.
itaki
Posted: May 16 2004, 12:28 PM

itaki

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

O_O Holy cow! Those graphics are awesome! ^^ Lookin' good, Link! XD
Trinity
Posted: May 17 2004, 02:07 PM

Me?

Member No.: 2

Yeah, what a sexy beast eh? lmao. too bad I can't play the whole game though....;.;
Bowker
  Posted: Jun 10 2004, 12:11 PM

Bowker

Member No.: 6

Sounds like its going 2 hit big!!!
itaki
Posted: Jun 10 2004, 01:47 PM

itaki

Member No.: 5

*nods* ^__^
Tsukari
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 07:00 PM

Member No.: 15

Meh! pesonally I'm going with the Nintendo sold out under pressure sentiment on this one. I mean it looks great and all but still sorta bleh. Sorta goes against everything Shigeru has always said Zelda was all about. But I'm sure if anyone can make selling out look good its Shigeru.
shinegotower
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 08:30 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tsukari @ Feb 9 2005, 07:00 PM)
Meh! pesonally I'm going with the Nintendo sold out under pressure sentiment on this one. I mean it looks great and all but still sorta bleh. Sorta goes against everything Shigeru has always said Zelda was all about. But I'm sure if anyone can make selling out look good its Shigeru.

Hm, care to explain your opinion more? Because actually, I don't agree at all. I don't see how you could say that complex graphics goes against Zelda, seeing as Shingeu's Zelda treasure, OoT, had some of the best graphics in the day. They're not selling out at all - they're making a new game in the same tradition as the other Zelda games.

happy.gif; Sorry, but I don't like it when people complain about Nintendo's business pratices. They're not any different or worse than Sony, Microsoft, or any other business in the entire world. They're all in it for profit - that's capitalism, baby. It's not a bad thing, it's incentive to create good products.
Tsukari
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 04:13 AM

Well to me , Shigeru making a game that directly goes against most of what I've heard him quoted as what Zelda is all about, for money, is by definition selling out. It goes deeper than the graphics. having the story be about an adult Link, makes it pretty hard for it to be a story about a young boy fighting evil in a dream world. Yes OOT had an adult link too, but it was still about a child growing up and fighting evil. This game was originally going to be another cel-shaded game using the WW engine but then all of a sudden the unveil this out of nowhere. Never the less I'm sure this game will be fun. I just can't picture it being anything but sorta generic.

also profit isn't incentive that leads to good games. Just look at the american industry. To get a profit they enf up just cloning other games that sold well. Remember after THPS1 came out how every extreme sport had an eeriely similar game until the market was saturated and the had to make something new and when something sold well they all copied what they did. And have you paid any attention to EA lately? 'nuff said. tongue.gif

But yeah, right now the whole thing gets a meh! from me. But I'm leaving plenty of room to be wowed by it, I just have low expectations from this zelda game. I'll probally still pre-order it for its american release though, because after all it is Zelda.
shinegotower
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 01:30 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tsukari @ Feb 10 2005, 04:13 AM)
Well to me , Shigeru making a game that directly goes against most of what I've heard him quoted as what Zelda is all about, for money, is by definition selling out. It goes deeper than the graphics. having the story be about an adult Link, makes it pretty hard for it to be a story about a young boy fighting evil in a dream world. Yes OOT had an adult link too, but it was still about a child growing up and fighting evil. This game was originally going to be another cel-shaded game using the WW engine but then all of a sudden the unveil this out of nowhere. Never the less I'm sure this game will be fun. I just can't picture it being anything but sorta generic.

also profit isn't incentive that leads to good games. Just look at the american industry. To get a profit they enf up just cloning other games that sold well. Remember after THPS1 came out how every extreme sport had an eeriely similar game until the market was saturated and the had to make something new and when something sold well they all copied what they did. And have you paid any attention to EA lately? 'nuff said. tongue.gif

But yeah, right now the whole thing gets a meh! from me. But I'm leaving plenty of room to be wowed by it, I just have low expectations from this zelda game. I'll probally still pre-order it for its american release though, because after all it is Zelda.

Okay then. But you do realize that Link was an adult in the orignal first two Zelda games, right? smile.gif Also, Shiggy never mentioned using Cel-shading for the next game. He said that it would use the same engine as WW, which this game does, according to interviews with NOJ staff. There's was never mention of graphics. I thought the same thing before E3, he fooled us all good. laugh.gif

Yes, profit is good incentive for anything. It's how the United States ecnomy has worked for over 200 years, and whether or not you like the way our country is run, our economic structure is the best in the world. The reason sports games are all the same is because they've always been that way, and that's how sports fans want them. Madden fans aren't complaining that every single edition is praticaly exactly the same. If it's the way fans want it, then heck, who cares. I'm assuming that you and I are not a sports game fans, so even if we don't like it, it doesn't matter - we're not the target audience.
Tsukari
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 02:34 PM

No I'm pretty sure he was a kid in the first Zelda game. Maybe not the second I haven't played the second much, But the first he was almost certianly a kid. I've never heard anything to the contrary from nintendo or any of the obsessive Zelda fans.

Profit is a good incentive yes...But it tends to break down in the gaming industry. New and innovative things are risky because they'll either do good or they'll crash and burn. and when you spend over a year working on something you can't afford that failure. Which is why you get a lot of games that mimick heavily from the games around them. Even games that had no reason to do extreme sports did them back in the Tony hawk craze. Even Spyro had a skateboarding mini-game. The current thing is to lift stuff from GTA. Incentive for money also leads to hollow games with really good graphics. Because graphics are all you see when buying the game. You can't see gameplay from screens. In the end the need for high profits on a game are taking design choices away from the designers and people who have the desire to make good games and put them in the hands of executives that don't care about making a good game as long as it sells.

Football fans don't comlain about the games all being close to the same because they play for the liscened sports celebrities more then anything else. But I excpect this year will bring big changes to football games as no one but EA can use NFL. Others can still use football but it would have to be like college or the Street games or someother twist like that. There going to be forced to innovate or lay down and let EA take all the profit in football games.
Trinity
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 07:50 PM

Me?

Member No.: 2

And um, maybe some people just don't mind the fact that Link is now an adult...and can actually ride Epona....you can NOT ride a colt...sorry! lol anyway...there's my little opinion. -gotta grow up sometime. especially since die hard fans of Zelda are growing up.
Tsukari
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 10:09 AM

Meh I suppose. The game will certianly be awesome in any event. The new trailer goes a long way towards showing me that. ^^ You get to ride the Hog!

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

The new movie clip was from the GDC Nintendo held yesterday to talk about the Revolution(successor to the Gamecube) and Some DS stuff. Woot DS online games this year. ^^. Plus the revolution is reverse compatible with GC and have a built in wireless internet abilities, which nintendo plans on making full use of Yay! I'll be interested in finding out what the new ways of gaming they keep saying the Revolution will allow. ^^
shinegotower
Posted: Mar 12 2005, 04:15 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tsukari @ Mar 11 2005, 10:09 AM)
Meh I suppose. The game will certianly be awesome in any event. The new trailer goes a long way towards showing me that. ^^ You get to ride the Hog!

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

The new movie clip was from the GDC Nintendo held yesterday to talk about the Revolution(successor to the Gamecube) and Some DS stuff. Woot DS online games this year. ^^. Plus the revolution is reverse compatible with GC and have a built in wireless internet abilities, which nintendo plans on making full use of Yay! I'll be interested in finding out what the new ways of gaming they keep saying the Revolution will allow. ^^

Ooh, I saw that Trailer yesterday, I loved it. Blabbed about it everywhere.

Backwards compatiable Revolution, you say? F-ing sweet!
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0309 seconds · Archive