1. Please register with your character's full name, with normal capitalization, eg: Harry James Potter
2. From the time you join, you have seven days to complete your application. Until your application is accepted, please don't post anywhere else, except in the Questions and Suggestions forum.
1. There is no limit to the number of characters you can have, but each of your characters must post once a week.
2. Only witches and wizards are permissible as characters. With the exception those mentioned in the Harry Potter canon itself, we are not accepting Part-Veela characters. Werewolves, vampires, and so on, are not accepted.
3. Hogwarts Students are acceptable characters, but they must be in fifth year or higher.
4. Don't contradict the canon. We recommend consulting the Harry Potter Lexicon, or Wiki.
5. Beware Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus. All characters should have flaws - and these should show throughout your roleplaying.
1. There is a minimum word count of 300 words per post. Codes, lyrics and images do not count towards this word count.
2. So that we can keep a record of the chronology of the site, please post the date of the thread (that is, the date of the events the thread will describe, eg. 10 January 2023) in the subtitle.
3. This is a mature roleplaying website, so drugs, sex and violence do happen, and are permitted. Where threads contain adult content, however, we recommend posting an (M) in the title. Thread that contain particularly explicit content should be marked with (R+).
4. Powerplaying and Godmodding are not permitted. You may not control someone else's character without their permission.
5. Narratives (threads which consist of a stand-alone post) should be placed in the area-specific forums. Please mark them as "Narrative" in the sub-title. They will be kept in that forum for one month before being moved to Completed Threads.
6. In the past we have made use of placeholders (or "Coming Soon" posts) to reserve a spot in a thread. You are welcome to use these, but the post must be completed within 24 hours, unless special arrangement has been made with the TDOT staff.
7. Plagiarism is a serious offence. You are welcome to reference canon from the books themselves, the Harry Potter Wiki or Lexicon, or from our site canon, but copy-pasting from another site will result in your removal from the board.
1. Please do not advertise in the C-box.
2. No fighting. Personal problems between players should not be discussed in the C-box. If you have a problem with a member, please PM a moderator or admin.
The Watering Hole:
1. The Watering Hole is a just-for-fun talk-about-whatever forum, for games, discussions and art/code requests.
2. Be nice. Any abuse directed at other members will be viewed very seriously.
3. If your thread contains mature content, please add an (M) to the title.