Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Sasha Cohen Fans. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to Sasha Cohen Fans!

This forum grew out of the loss of SashaFans.com and is the new #1 place for all your Sasha Cohen news.

Staff

Lanie
Maddy
Andrea

REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL 

How Did You Skate Today?
Adelaide
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 11:58 AM

Coconuts. From the airline that keeps its promises.

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Discuss how your skating practices went, what you learnt, what you felt you didn't do well, ect.

--------------------
user posted image
précédemment rachel&&
Alycat
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 02:57 AM

Member No.: 5

From Thursday - I skated really well. Worked on Mohawk exercise and change of edge exercise
Alycat
  Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:47 AM

Member No.: 5

I know I'm not supposed to double post, but I'M LEARNING TEAPOTS!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I'm finally learning something from the silver award.
I asked my coach what one was (I knew already but was trying to work in to the conversation that I wanted to learn stuff from the booklet) and she asked if I wanted to try one.
Apparently it's nearly passable already!
skate_x
Posted: Oct 15 2010, 05:29 AM

Member No.: 7

Aw as if Sian! I've never ever been able to do a teapot haha! Well done, I know how much you've wanted to start moving on! biggrin.gif Enjoy it!

I have panto rehearsals soon and I really don't like it at the mo. I'm in a beginner group because I haven't taken any tests so I'm with people that can hardly do backwards crossovers, it's so annoying! It's not that I don't have patience with them, it's just because they're in front of me in a line and they're painfully slow, they only just finish one bit to skate round to the next bit, but because I'm behind them, I don't get round in time and it's me that's looking stupid because THEY can't skate! I've talked to the coach for our group and she said if they practice enough they'll get quicker but they're obviously not and we only have like 4 more practices until the shows! So it's too late for me to move up a group so I'm stuck with these idiots because the coach refuses to do anything about it! I wish they put us into groups by audition instead of test level because I can land everything upto lutz including combinations consistently and I'm in a group that have to stop before doing a 3-jump because I can't afford £130+ just for a piece of paper to say I'm capable!

--------------------
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light
icefairy943
Posted: Oct 17 2010, 08:00 PM

Member No.: 30

^ What's a teapot? I think I knew what it was at one point but I can't remember.

I went skating today for the first time in a long time! It was the first time I'd skated on a rink other than my home rink. I really like my new rink--it's really easy to walk to or take the bus to, it's pretty empty, and it costs less than a third of what I'm used to paying! It only has two sessions a week, but I don't think my current schedule could accommodate more than that anyway, so it's fine. Jumps and spins were okay, nothing spectacular, but I'm just really excited at the prospect of being able to skate regularly without having to depend on other people to take me biggrin.gif
Adelaide
Posted: Oct 18 2010, 07:33 PM

Coconuts. From the airline that keeps its promises.

Member No.: 15

Teapot (a.k.a. Shoot the Duck, I think) is the move where you assume a sort of sit spin position and travel forward instead of spinning :/

^^ hope that makes sense :/

--------------------
user posted image
précédemment rachel&&
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2945 seconds | Archive
"your majesty" skinned by willow of blank pages, shadowplay and caution 2.0!