Electric skin by Aka Tolken of IF Tomatoes

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Infinite Space Federation Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Total Conversion
goldenerasuburb
Posted: Mar 30 2007, 05:20 PM

New Captain

Group: Captains
Member No.: 106

I am workign on a total conversion mod. Though right now at least I do not need to go into the details of it, I will say that the first thing I am doing involves adding an RPG aspect: Making it so not only can you build the ship, but the person piloting the ship. In doing this, there are these intended traits to every character:

Toposophy: Intelligence basically. The higher this is, the more advanced the ship systems can be installed on your ship unassisted.

Memetic Persuasion/Memetic Resistance: Memetics is not allignment. It helps determine allignment. Memes are cultural building blocks, and in this mod, the space faring races a re not all distinct species. The more memes you share in common with a clades, as races will be called, the more you are alligned with them.

Substrate: Determines whether character is robot, computerbased AI, biological lifeform, artificial lifemeform, whatever. There are many variations of these ivolving what type of robot/bio/cyoborg you are, but two substrates cannotbe fused. A character can be changed from one to another. Cyborg exists as a seperate substrate for ease of programming. These and the substrate characteristics give special abilties as well.

There will also be a number of methods of altering these characteristics.

But the Issue I raise here is this: How do I impliment all of it?
« Next Oldest | Mod Surgery (SAIS) | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0727 seconds | Archive