Skin created by cloudx. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Realm Of Tortall. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic New Poll

Archery Practice, and training is as fun as ever
Thomas Rede
Posted: Jul 19 2005, 11:56 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Thomas grunted.

"Well, armor is expensive," he replied.

He shot another arrow, wondering doggedly why all his conversations with Lorelle turned into insipid arguments. It wasn't like he was stupid or anything, she was just always right.

"So, you know everything about the Riders, then?" he asked Aedre hopefully.
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Jul 20 2005, 03:11 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87

Aedre shrugged, watching carefully for the Commander.

"Some," She said, fitting an arrow. "My brothers tell me all th tales they can. They say it`s hard, HARD work. But worth it."

She loosened and watched her arrow fly into the man`s croch. She winced. "Well it would take him down anyway." She mumbled, a blush rising in her cheeks.

"What do you wanna know? She asked Thomas, flashing him a sheepish grin. "I could ask for you."
Thomas Rede
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 10:03 PM

Advanced Member

"Everything," he told her seriously. "For example, how long will we be doing this-" he shot again, not even bothering to look where it landed, "-until were able to hit the target, what's summer camp, what do we do there, when do we actually get to fight, and how long will we be stuck with-" he jabbed his thumb at Dyer," -her." He sighed longsuffering. "There are a lot of rumors going around, but no one really knows anything."
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 01:56 AM

Advanced Member

Adere gave him a grim smile. "My brothers said that they train you longs as they think you need it." She didn't add the comment her brother had added after that, that was personal. he r face lit up, "But he said Summer Training...or Camp. Is lots of fun. Even if they do work you into the dust." She shot and arrow, and yipped in approval when it grazed the center ring. "And most of it is just like the class room work...but learning it on the field, he says."
Eleanor of King's Reach
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 02:09 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 116

"Oh, lots of fun," he echoed, with a touch of sarcasm, watching his arrow fly to the outer rim of the target. He squinted appreciatively, then shot again. Deciding he'd done enough whining, he attempted a change of subject.

"So, where are you from?" he asked tentatively.
Miniya
Posted: Aug 2 2005, 06:53 PM

Trainee

Member No.: 30

Miniya watched Dyer's back as she continued insulting and strolling by. As Dyer hadn't yet turned around, Min didn't bother much to pick up speed. Besides, the woman wouldn't know unless she was Shakith. Mithros, forbid that.

Ignoring the trainee's, she carefully picked an arrow out of the quiver.
Taking her amble time, she notched an arrow and presumed to slowly pull her cramped muscles back, aimed, and released the string. Quickly, the arrow cut through the air. It than landed deeply, a spot not to far from the center.

"Clayson!" Dyer snapped, startling the Carthaki girl. Curse it, she is a deity. Grumbling, Miniya repeated it for the commander, up to speed. However, she miscaculated her aim and it landed higher than the bulls eye.

Dyer than turned to the chatting trainees, "Quit chatting and start shooting! If you run out of arrows, go and fetch them."
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 05:23 AM

Advanced Member

Aedre shot, cursing her aim as the arrow landed on the ground. Dyer barked a insult and Aedre made a face.

She sighed, "A minor fief close to the River Olorun." she told her him. "My kin, we"re all tanners." she winked at Thomas.

"You?" she asked as she sighted again.
Eleanor of King's Reach
Posted: Aug 5 2005, 03:48 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 116

"Farmers," he replied noncommitally, not even pausing to look at her. He shot again.
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 04:18 AM

Advanced Member

"Ah." she inspected and arrow, then rejected it. There was a crack in its shaft.

"What made you want to join the Riders?"
Thomas Rede
Posted: Aug 16 2005, 09:48 PM

Advanced Member

"Well, it seemed like a safe position - well," he stammered, "when you're in the Riders, you're pretty much guaranteed a free meal every day. Er... but that wasn't really my only reason," he added quickly, "I, uhm, like fighting... and, protecting... people, er, the weak..." He tried to smile, but it only made him appear nervous. He quickly busied himself with fitting another arrow on his shaft.
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Aug 19 2005, 03:23 AM

Advanced Member

Aedre grinned. "I know what you mean." She said queitly as she discarded her broken arrow for a new one.
Thomas Rede
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 05:24 AM

Advanced Member

"Really?" he asked, gulping nervously, as he stared at her.

Jerkily, he turned his attention back to shooting. He'd hit a couple, now closer on in to the middle of the target, and a dull sense of pleasure was creeping over him.

"I didn't know anyone really thought that way," he muttered at last. People in Corus were almost like another species altogether!

[Okees, we're gonna be moving boards soon, make sure you check out the board labeled "Important" in Announcements to find the URL (when it gets posted). Chances are you'll get some kind of email, but, just in case...

I'm thinking after this, we skip right on to summer camp. Traineeship is dull. unsure.gif ]
Aedre Tannerkin
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 12:02 AM

Advanced Member

Aedre snorted, "Only people who get food served to them don't think like that."

Dyer shouted and the trainee's began to clean and store their weapons.

"I'm sure that's why my brother joined." She grinned, "But of course...it could have just been to get away from my kin folk." She laughed.
Thomas Rede
Posted: Aug 27 2005, 02:08 AM

Advanced Member

"Oh." Now Thomas was confused, but, nevertheless, a smile was beginning to form on his face as he recognized a familiar story. "No, I couldn't stand my family either. 'Fact," he mused, "can't even remember them, really, except that I didn't like them much. Well, that's funny..."

His bow hadn't collected much rosin since he'd barely used it, but, to satisfy Brindie, he gave it a good swipe with his oiled cloth. Unstringing his bow, he furled the waxed cord, and attached it to the end, since he couldn't really be sure where else to put it. His arrows looked all right - he'd made sure this time that no dirt or dust had made its way into his quiver.

"Dinner..." he muttered ecstatically, looking to Brindie for their dismissal.
« Next Oldest | Training Field | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Add Reply New Topic New Poll

Bump Realm of Tortall in the InvisionFree directory!

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5214 seconds | Archive

Settings, characters, and all information pretaining to Tamora Pierce's books are (c) Tamora Pierce and her publishers and are not used for profit. Original characters (c) their creators. Realm of Tortall RPG (c) 2005 Sera.