InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Prarie Tales Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Beaver Learns a Lesson, inspiration: The Raccoon & the Bee Tree
Lecia
Posted: Feb 28 2011, 10:42 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Morning awoke on the prairie. The little fish had flopped all the way down a stream and suddenly found himself in a large pond. A little duck waddled down to the same pond to take a cool, refreshing bath. Lazily swimming by on his back, an otter enjoyed the morning. Then a big, bad beaver came along. Shouting, he said to the fish, duck, and otter, "GET OUT OF MY POND!"
Then the fish, duck, and otter said, "You have to share your pond."
The beaver said, "You're just a little fish that doesn't know anything."
Then the duck went to the bear. "There is a big, bad beaver in the pond. He won't share it with us."
The bear went to give the beaver a warning. "You should share your pond and be nice to others." But the beaver didn't listen.
Then the duck came back to the pond. The beaver saw the duck in the pond. "Stop swimming in my pond!" he demanded.
"You should be nicer," said the duck. But the beaver just splashed the little duck with his large, flat tail.
The beaver's mother had been swimming nearby and saw her son splash the duck. Then his mother swam up to him and said sternly, "You be nice, or I will spank your tail."
It started to rain. After the first day, the beaver thought it might stop raining, but it just kept pouring. It rained the next day and the day after that. It rained for six days. The little stream became a wave. Then it flooded the big beaver's house and carried him away in the rushing water.
The bear heard the big, bad beaver calling, "Help me! Please, someone help me!"
The bear said, "I will help you, but you have to say you're sorry to all the animals that you have hurt." The beaver agreed, and the bear reached down and pulled him out of the dirty, swift water.
"I am so sorry that I hurt your feelings," cried the beaver. "I know I was bad. I won't do it again."
Then the beaver, fish, duck, otter, and bear became good friends.

By Gerralynne Statema and Hayley Bultsma, 5th grade
Martyn_Beeny
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 05:37 PM

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Thank you for entering the competition. Winners will be announced on Monday 28 March.
« Next Oldest | Prairie Tale Competition | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5549 seconds | Archive