(Compiled from experience and other sites)
1. Can I make a Gold or Queen dragon?
Sorry, but no. Gold and Queen dragons are very rare and only appear very infrequently. They are a special dragon and only given to people who really deserve them.
2. What about other colors? Can I make a brown?
Yes, you can make any of the other colours, make sure you have checked out the availability to see how many of each dragon pair we need.
3. Will there be new colours and can I make one?
There will be new colours, but unfortunately they will only be available through hatchings or may be given as a competition prize.
4. Can my character have fire lizards?
Yes, but not a Gold and the others are on a first come first served basis. There will be frequent hatchings. Each character can have up to six fire lizards. Please check availability.
5. Can my character have lavender eyes and purple hair?
No. This is Pern not some fantasy world. Honestly though the Pernese are descendants from Earth folks, so they have the same sort of colouring as we do. Red hair and green eyes would be very rare, but not impossible.
6. Someone isnít replying to my posts, what do I do?
Firstly, drop them a PM to see if they are ok. Maybe they have lost internet. If you are really worried let an admin/mod know.
7. I havent read the books, do I have too?
They do help you, but most people can usually pick up the gist of the idea if you havent read the books. But I would recommend you read at least one, ĎDragonflightí is the best as itís the first of the series. IF you do not wish to wait, there are a good variety of Pern Wikis on the web.
8. Can I use text talk in my posts?
Please NOOO. There is nothing worse. If I see text talk I will delete your post. You have been warned!!!!
9. I want my character to have sex with another character. Am I allowed?
Yes, but take it to the mature forums. These are password protected and you will only be given the password if I know you are over 18. Weyrlings are not allowed to participate in sexual activities.
10. I donít like those rules.
Tough. The rules are there to make sure the game remains fair and fun.
11. Why do I have to submit my character for approval?
Well we like to make sure your characters are correct for the setting. We donít want Superman arriving on dragon back!!
12. I want to let my dragon rise. What do I do?
You do need to have admin permission for a flight. But it is always given. Drop a post in the flight request thread and you will be given a date. There will never be more than one flight at a time.
13. Do I chose who wins her flight?
Yes, the choice it totally yours.
14. Can I have my character be a HAD or maybe a HAF or HAW?
No, these are special ranks and only given to those we know can play them. They may be available in competitions now and again.
15. If my dragons clutches can I write the babies and hatching?
No, sorry. Admin has control of all hatchings to keep things fair. You can always give us ideas though.
16. How many characters can I have?
The limit is 7 characters. You can have whatever you want, but I would advise against having more than 2 candidates at a time. We may change this, but its 7 for now.
17. If I leave the game what happens to my characters?
If you decide you do not wish to remain on P.A. then your characters will be retired. We will NOT put any characters up for adoption. If you have a Pern Again dragon they will be retired with your character as all PA dragons are tailored to each candidate.
18. Will I be able to adopt a character?
Yes, there will always be a selection of dragons, whers and occsionally flitters for you to adopt. There will not be any human characters though, these will be up to you to provide.
19. If I have a really good idea for a plot can we play it?
Certainly, but it will need admin approval first so send your plot idea together with any information as too how it might work out etc to an admin and we will get back to you.
If you have any questions, please pop them up.