Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Paper Street Brigade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Getting Started and Rules
WebBard
Posted: Sep 27 2012, 09:43 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

1. You will want to make sure you won't lose any players to free agency. So look for guys with 1 year left on their contract and decide if you still want them.

2. Generally you should try to get your lines in the morning (Eastern time) of the regular sim days - Tuesdays and Thursdays

3. Email lines files to Mark. Attachments are fine.

4. You can also do the following things in email:
- requests for goalie changes: preferred format is a list of dates and what goalie you want, it's helpful if you include every day your team plays
- ticket price adjustments
- training adjustments

You can also include anything else with your lines files emails like farm team callups and demotions, waiver claims, and such.

5. ... and speaking of ticket prices, you'll also want to go through the boxscores for your home games to see what attendance is like. Drop prices if attendance sucks. Even lousy teams can fill the house every night if the prices are right, and you'll make more money with a full house at 35/30/140 than you will with a half-empty house at 40/35/180

6. ... and speaking of lines, if your team isn't named in the subject or body of your email, it's best if the names of the lines files reflect your team's name. The best way to name your lines files is like "CHI.lns" and "CHIAHL.lns" - I hope the names are self-explanatory.

7. Generally speaking about lines themselves: it's all well and good to play tricks with how you ice your players: checkers on the second line set to H&G with 80 second shifts, your top scorers on the third or fourth line, and so forth. It might even work for you for a little while. I will try to make the best choices possible, which involve players not going through waivers when injuries come up during simming. Sometimes this might involve playing forwards out of position..

9. You can submit two sets of lines for a sim if you like - say you know one of your players will be hurt for your first game, but after that he'll return from injury. Just be sure to say which set of lines to use when. I also don't mind if you tune your lineup for a particular team, but please don't do that too much - the more I have to keep track of whilst simming, the more likely I am to forget something. The best way to name the files then is to include the *date* of the game for which you want them to be used.

10. If you send in lines and then make a trade, your old lines will be invalid. So please send a reminder note, or better yet, new lines. smile.gif

Trades:

1. Negotiate the trade between GMs. Do this privately.

2. When the trade is agreed upon by all parties, all GMs involved need to email the trade to the commish for approval. Generally, this is a formality, but we need to make sure the trades are reasonable (i.e. no Dan Cleary for Alex Tanguay, Rob Blake and Joe Sakic). E-mail the trades to me.

3. (optional) In your trade email, include any press release-type information you want included in the announcement. When trading draft picks be sure to include the name of the team's pick and the year. Cash may be included in a trade up to the EHM maximum of 6.000,000.

4. When a trade is approved and processed, I will announce the trade.

5. If the trade is not approved, both GM's will be contacted by a me, a suggestion for how the deal would have to be changed in order for it to go through will generally be provided.

6. There is no such thing as a conditional trade in LHH. No team will be held to such as deal.

1. Set Up the league file in your game

-Go to this site and download the most recent version of our league file

-Open your Eastside Manager open any saved game you have started
-Once open save the game as Lighthouse
-Go to your computer
C:\Program Files\Eastside Hockey Manager\saves\Lighthouse
-Copy the contents of the downloaded zip file into the folder
- Go back to your game and open the file Lighthouse
- You are ready to review the teams

Set Up Eastside Hockey Manager
If you need to get EHM set up, here is the link to all the downloads
http://ehm.fhockey.com/EHM%20game.php

IF you have windows 7 or Vista here is how to get it going

http://z2.invisionfree.com/hfchl/index.php?showtopic=8504

Salary Cap Information

The Salary Cap for LHH is 70.2 Million per team.

The cap is a hard cap. There is no temporary cap relief to cover for injuries -- upon notification of a team going over the salary cap, that team's GM has two weeks real-time to get his team back under the cap through trades or buy-outs. If, after two weeks, the team is still over the salary cap,I will make a random draw to select a player to release from his contract. One player will be released for each subsequent week the team remains over the league salary cap.

Team budgets initiated based on real NHL budgets. Proper management of your team will result in significant budget increases. Some teams have received those increases.
[/B]

Resigning Players

1. When re-signing a player who was a signed UFA, offers that reduce the player's salary will not be accepted.

2. Signing Bonuses shall not be allowed to be more than the annual salary amount in any offer to UFA or RFA

3. To address some of the issues revolving around circumventing the salary cap there will be no contracts allowed which will decrease the annual salary of a player who would be a pending UFA (30 years of age or older). If you wish to reduce the contract of a player who is a pending UFA you must allow the player to go to UFA status and bid his contract down on the open market.

RFA Bidding

1. A team can only make an offer to another team's RFA if they have sequential first round picks in the upcoming years. If the offer requires 5 1sts, then the team must have a first in each of the next 5 years.

2. Once an RFA offer is made, that player is still available for offers until the next simulation is run. The team who owns the rights to that player is given the right to match or to accept the compensation. The team who currently owns the RFA rights only needs to match the first RFA offer given their player. The GM has to make his decision within two real life weeks of the contract being offered. There is an exception to that rule if a GM has already posted that he's going to be away for an extended period of time, he should be given extra time allowances at the discretion of the commissioner.

3. The NHL CBA and the in-game rules now differ with respect to compensatory picks. Where different, we will proceed with the game rules, so please make sure to check the effect of the signings in-game before you make your offer so there are no surprises.

UFA Bidding

1. All UFA bidding must have stopped for minimum 72 hours before a player is signed by the team (allowing every team to have a chance to up their bids on the players). Bidding must be PUBLIC -- I will announce any UFA offers.

2. When making a bid, here's the format:

Buf offers
Phil Housley
3 years
1 Million/year
300K signing bonus

3. Due to the game, no European players can be signed after the start of the NHL season.

4. - the highest annual salary is the first tie breaker
- the highest bonus offered will be the second tie breaker
- offers that match the default contract term that the player is requesting will be the third tie breaker (Players demanding 4 year and higher contracts will be condidered 3 year demands)
- if all of the above are tied for a max bid we will then go to a random draw

Any questions please feel free to comment beolow
« Next Oldest | LHH Sim League | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0214 seconds · Archive