INDEX PORTAL HELP SEARCH MEMBERS CALENDAR

Welcome to Nemare Academy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Heads Up!
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Jan 6 2011, 10:02 AM

WINSAUCE-SMOTHERED EPIC OWNAGE
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 05:22 PM

Group Icon

Howdy folks!

Here it is, the first announcement of 2011, and isn't it shiny?

I just thought I'd give y'all a rundown of the tweaks and changes that I made over the past week or so, to bring you up to speed if you're old and, well, to maybe vaguely interest you if you're new. (And if you are new, hi there!)

We have a lovely new app, as you may have noticed, and hence all biographies done with the old app have been moved to the inactive biographies section. All you have to do if one of those was yours is repost the app using the new form. Along with the new app, we also have a new codeword for y'all to look for, so read those rules carefully even if you're an oldbie.

Our massive canon list of DOOM has been updated to include such more recent movies as How to Tame Your Dragon and Despicable Me. I guess that means that no one can have the excuse of not finding a character that they like, huh? In case anyone was wondering, Disney's Tangled will be added to the list only after it has come out in South Africa. Don't worry, dear readers, for it's coming out here in about a week. ;]

Lastly, but certainly not least, to those that haven't met her already, Rose is the site moderator and the person to go to with questions when I'm not around (mostly due to timezone concerns). She's the eyes in the back of my head, so play nice, kids! xD

That's all for now, but expect more regular updates from your friendly neighbourhood admin. As per usual, if anyone has any questions or comments, direct them via PM to one of the staff, and we'll do our best to help you out!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Jan 26 2011, 02:05 PM

Group Icon

Hey guys!

Just a word to old members - you have another week to repost your characters' applications before I open them on the canon list, so be sure to get going soon!

I would like to encourage everyone to at least log on every day (or two days, even), and even if you don't have time/muse for posting make the effort even to post something in the OOC area. There's only so much my advertising can do - it's up to you guys to make and keep us active!

Enjoy the rest of January!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Feb 14 2011, 12:11 PM

Group Icon

Howdy folks!

Happy Valentine's Day! Or, Anti-Valentine's Day, whichever you'll be celebrating. ;] A bunch of virtual flowers to all of you guys for being such great members. happy.gif Be sure to check out our awesome new event for February!

After the event, there will be an activity check, so make sure you have at least one RP post and one Communications (text message, IM, etc.) thread. :] Don't say we didn't warn you, haha!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Mar 1 2011, 07:43 PM

Group Icon

Hey everyone!

Here it is, March already, and with it the end of our Pixie-Fairy Event! Please post your final gifts as soon as possible, as the forum will magically disappear on Friday the 4th. :] Thanks to everyone for taking part and getting so creative!

Also, keep an eye out for our shiny new acceptance images, made by I AM DOCTOR! of Caution 2.0!

Please be aware of the impending Activity Check - again, you will need both an RP post and a communications post (that is: text, instant messanger, etc.) to keep your character safe and sound!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Mar 31 2011, 09:26 PM

Group Icon

Hey guys!

Just a quick reminder - or rather, two related reminders. Firstly, the activity check is closing tomorrow! Please post and save your accounts! Those with pending biographies do have to post, although I will be more lenient concerning those. Accepted members, please do so if you have not already!

The second reminder is for the required communications post:

Just to make things clear:
a general cellphone thread does not count in this activity check.
You must link to an active IM, text message or email thread.

It really doesn't take that long to start or reply to a communications thread, and so I don't feel this is too much to ask.

In other news - keep your ear to the ground for the rumblings of our spring event, as Nemare officially changes seasons! biggrin.gif

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Jul 13 2011, 09:07 PM

Group Icon

Howdy everyone!

Yes, it's heads up time again... :]

Just to let everyone know, there's an activity check coming up soon, so be sure to have your posts in ship-shape... er... shape! xD You will not be required to show a communications post for this check, just a recent RP post!

Secondly, OTMs nominations will be opening soon, so start thinking about who you'd like to see as our Male, Female, Relationship (romantic or otherwise) and Quotation (from any IC thread) of the Moment!

And finally, the Sock Hop will remain open until after the activity check, so fear not for your threads!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 05:56 PM

Group Icon

Hey everyone!

The Activity Check has been closed, as you may have noticed, and the board has had a little early Spring-clean! If one of your accounts has been made inactive in error, please let Kaz know.

In other news, the Sock Hop event is officially over. All the threads have been moved to Fantasia, where they may be played out to completion! Other than that, no new event threads may be started.

The OTM nomination thread should be up in the next week or so, so keep your ear to the ground and your eyes peeled! wink.gif

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 06:11 PM

Group Icon

Howdy, all!

Rio has finally been added to the Canon List (as if it wasn't enormous enough, haha) so feel free to snatch up some of those lovely canons. Who doesn't want to play a psycho cockatiel, after all? xD

In other news, the OTMs are being delayed until activity picks up a little more. I know this is a busy time of year, what with the Americans going back to school and all, so it just makes sense to give it some time.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post in the relevant forum or PM Kaz!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 10:01 AM

Group Icon

Hola guys!

First of all, aloha and welcome to all our new members! :3

Hallowe'en is coming up, and to celebrate it and Octoberness in general, we'll soon be having our next event! Keep your ear to the ground and your eye on the horizon, because some awesome is headed your way!

Finally, while you're on lookout already, get ready to check out our shiny new acceptance images, made by the lovely avey is a cactus ?! of Caution 2.0!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Nov 24 2011, 03:46 PM

Group Icon

Hey everyone!

Firstly, check out the canon list! Yep, Rango has been added at last! So anyone who fancies being a lizard (or even a roadkill armadillo!) can step right this way...

The Halloween event will continue to run until the end of the month. Don't worry if you haven't finished by then - as with last time, any still-running threads will simply be moved into the general forum, so y'all can play them out to completion. A great big thank you to all who are taking part! You guys look smexy in them costumes ;3

Finally, the OTMs will be decided after the event is over, so start thinking about who you'd like as your male, female and relationship of the month, and search out your favourite quotation for qotm. If you already know who you'd like to vote for, you can PM Kaz even before the nomnominations officially begin.

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 02:55 PM

Group Icon

Howdy y'all!

I realise that the last heads up was like, last week, but I have some new information! *waves dossier*

..ahem. Anyway.

First off, I just want to let everyone know that my internet is down (and has been since Sunday... gah!) and so my ability to get on here and actually do things (as opposed to stalking on my phone xD) is limited. I am also going on holiday this Sunday, so that'll obviously make me go even more AWOL! Basically, my point is, I thought I'd have more time on here before I leave, but since I don't, there are a few things you should know.

The Halloween event will not disappear at the end of the month, and you may continue to play out and start threads in the All Hallows Castle section of the boards. The December event will thus only start after Christmas, when I get back.

OTM nomnominations are OPEN, and will remain OPEN until Christmas Day! That's the 25th of December, for people living under rocks. ;3 Please PM your choices for Male, Female, Relationship and Quote of-the-Moment to either of us, as soon as possible. And yes, this is a total license to threadstalk. x3

To everyone, have a wonderful Christmas, Channukah, Kwanzaa, or whatever it is that you celebrate! biggrin.gif

<33
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 10:53 AM

Group Icon

Hey guys!

Well, folks, happy February to you all! :3

There are only a couple of small things to get out of the way here. Firstly, Gnomeo & Juliet has been added to our already enormous canon list! Hurrah! Have a look at the list and see if one of our amazing canons sends an electric wake-up pulse to your muse!

The other news is that our February event, the first of the new year, will begin on Valentine's day! If you're planning on joining us, make sure you're finished your app before then, so you don't miss out on the fun!

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 03:01 PM

Group Icon

Hey everyone!

I felt we were overdue a heads up and, well, what better reason than to remind everyone that Nemare Academy's second birthday is coming up! That's right folks, 2.0 has been around for two whole years come May. How exciting is that? There's something pretty awesome coming up to celebrate, but I'm not going to tell you guy anything more, because the awesome will seriously blow your minds. No lie.

The Valentine's Hoedown forum will close at the end of the month (February was kind of a while ago xD) but as per usual the open threads will be moved to Fantasia to be played out to completion if you so wish.

Please everyone, try and stay as active as you can in the cbox - it makes the site look busy ;3

<3
Kaz & Rose
KAZ CAN DO THE MACARENA!
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:13 AM

Group Icon

HAPPY BIRTHDAYVERSARY, NEMARE!

Can you believe it? We're two years old! =D

Yes, as of today Nemare Academy for Gentlemen and Gentlewoman v2.0 has officially reached that exalted two-year pedastel. We've never been enormous, but we have always had a lot of heart!

Thank you so much to all of our wonderful members, past and present, for helping Nemare to last this long. I hope you all enjoy our beautiful new skin (check out the sidebar - including the marquee of awesomeness!) and have fun with the 'future' birthday event!

Here's to even more success in the future! (Yeah, guests, we know you want to join us! ;3)

<33
Kaz & Rose

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4406 seconds | Archive