|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Mecha Badasses. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 25 2010, 03:08 AM
Where's the Halloween Party At?
Member No.: 1
Joined: 22-July 10
Just thought it might be helpful to have some tips for role playing on this forum. After all, SOMEONE has to lay down the law and draw a line between good role playing and bad role playing!
1) The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.
2) The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
3) If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
4) Two guys to a fight.
5) One fight at a time.
6) No shirts, no shoes.
7) Fights will go on as long as they have to.
8) If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.
Edit: Upon doing some lurking, I realized that role play is not a slang term for Fight Club. Hm. Well here are some real tips that I may or may not have ripped off of another forum:
1) Anyone can participate in an RP. In fact, it is encouraged! Soon to be enforced, even. By this time next year, your entire family along with everyone you know will be slaves to the RP section on this forum. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Which is all the more reason to read these pointers!
2) Don't use colors. PLEASE! It's extremely annoying to open up an RP topic and being blinded by the intensity of a thousand rainbows. If you really want to be flashy, at LEAST choose a color that the human eye is capable of viewing without bleeding.
3) Do not act like an immortal god regardless of whether or not your character is an immortal god. Nobody likes a showoff! Instead of effortlessly ripping off the heads of everyone else's characters, rip off the heads of everyone else's characters and then break a sweat! People like humanization. Or something.
4) WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM!
5) Steal a bunch of cool lines from other video games/movies/media. People love allusions and they ESPECIALLY love ripoffs!
6) Stay in character. If you're a good guy and some badass in a leather jacket rapes your girlfriend, curb stomps her and then takes a dump on your garden, then suck it up! Just smile and repress your rage like the little goodie two shoes you are. You pansy.
7) Actually, don't choose good characters. ESPECIALLY if you're from this forum. We're the Mecha BADASSES, dammit!
8) If someone is new to RPing and they haven't seen this topic, take advantage of it! See if you can steal all of their character's stuff without them knowing. You'll be surprised with all the stuff you can get away with.
12) Sexual intercourse.
14) Alcohol, booze, liquor, rape and sexual intercourse. In that order.
15) Actually, I don't really care about RPing. I just thought it would make the forum look more professional if I made this topic.
Well, that's it! Whew, what a long list! Kind of! Hopefully that helps all you RP losers out!
Posted: Aug 25 2010, 03:19 AM
That Member's a Spy!
Member No.: 3
Joined: 22-July 10
Oh Sinistar...your views are so different from mine.
^ made by a dedicated fan.