zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Masked Among Mortals. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

news and updates here

staff images/links here

cbox code here

And This Is Why My Eyes Are Closed, Open
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 17 2010, 06:18 PM

Group Icon

Group: Human
Member No.: 32

It was entirely possible that after what had happened today, Theresa would never like school again. Heck, maybe she wouldn't even go anymore. But she had had to tell her teachers sometime, and she only had another month or so of looking what she considered normal. This morning would have to be the time.

They hadn't taken it well, and she had expected that, so she'd stayed in class only until it was time for lunch break.

Who cared if ditching school was illegal?

Who cared if she wouldn't make a decent living without college?

No one! But that was all right with Theresa. As far as she was concerned, she'd probably seen the worst of life already.
Dolos
Posted: Oct 20 2010, 04:59 AM

Group Icon

Group: God
Member No.: 78

Dolos hesitantly entered the hallowed halls of the Queen Elizabeth Secondary School & College in search of a quick study on human behavior. Although he didn't give much credit to humanity's modern education system, there had been several human scholars that he felt were worth their salt. One of them happened to be B.F. Skinner and his theories on positive and negative reinforcement. Another was Phil Ivey, an American poker player that was quite a genius in his own right who happened to be teaching a class on probability theory in gaming at QE's Mathematics College.

Dressed, uncharacteristically for a college student,in a very expensive Armani shirt and slacks, Dolos realized suddenly that he didn't fit in with the rest of the teenage and young adult students that buzzed past him a flurry of commotion. Picking out one young man in particular, Dolos simply created the illusion in the minds of everyone that he came in contact with that he was wearing a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans and sneakers. "Now...that's more like it.", he said confidently. Putting the headphones of his IPhone into his ear, he turned on the raucous sounds of Dion Knibb and the Agitators and strolled though the hallways taking in the sights as he searched for the admissions office.

Rounding a corner lackadaisically, he stopped short just before crashing into a young woman that seemed to have quite a bit more than academics on her mind. She seemed almost troubled and certainly didn't seem to be paying attention to where she was going. "Oi!", Dolos shouted, not realizing that his music had been playing so loudly that he had lost all perception of the volume of his voice. He did realize, however, that the young woman that he'd nearly toppled over was extremely beautiful, by human standards. "I mean, ello missus. And aren't you quite the looker? Sorry to be so abrasive", he continued, although still rather loudly and with his headphones still on. Dolos stepped back a bit to give her space, and to get a better look at her. "Why so glum? I can't be that bad looking, can I?", he said with a playful wink
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 20 2010, 05:22 AM

Group Icon

As if to confirm her theory that she had already seen the worst of life, Theresa was in the middle of running off the campus when she ran straight into the most gorgeous young man she had ever seen. Probably a college student. For once, life appeared to be working in her favor. Then again, some of the college professors weren't that much older than she was.

"Oh I'm sorry sir. Am I making you late for class? And no...you're not bad looking at all." Theresa laughed weakly. "I've just...I've had to tell my teachers some news, and they didn't take it well, that's all." Something about his playful way of trying to cheer her up made her want to get to know him better, but she certainly wasn't going to tell the whole entire campus that she was pregnant. If only there were some other place for them to go....
Dolos
Posted: Oct 20 2010, 08:06 AM

Group Icon

Suddenly the thoughts of mathematical probability theories were the last thing on Dolos' mind. In fact, the only probabilities that he was currently concerned with were those regarding the likelihood of getting to know the woman in front of him better. Her soft, yet piercing gray eyes, the full flush color of her skin. "Zeus' bollocks, she's a dainty little morsel", he thought to himself. She appeared both exotically beautiful yet approachable and friendly, a trait much more common among human females than of most of the females of the Pantheon. Beautiful, yes to be certain. There were few women on Earth in all of creation that hold a candle to the allure of a goddess, but congeniality was not a quality high on the list of anyone that had been accustomed to being worshiped by thousands of humans.

Taking off his headphones, as not to be rude, Dolos slowly reached over and gingerly pushed aside the long black locks of hair that fallen across her forehead during their near collision. Realizing his forwardness and how easily human women could be intimidated, Dolos smiled gently, cleared his throat to feign embarrassment ,and extended his hand to her, introducing himself. "The name's Sylvester...Sylvester Fox. My friends call me...", he'd almost let his working name, Sly, slip from his lips. He quickly deduced, however, that that particular alias might have given her the wrong impression. "...but you can call me Foxy", he said laughing.

The hustle and bustle of the college's goings on seemed instantly off-putting, considering the circumstances. There was something about this woman. Something that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Something that beckoned him to quickly establish a connection with her, as though if he didn't strike while the iron was hot, his chances may be gone forever. It was a risk that he didn't want to take. In the few short seconds that it took to introduce himself, he had already formulated a plan to increase his odds for success.

"I've a notion... the atmosphere in this hallway isn' exactly conducive to proper conversation and by mere coincidence there happens to be a tree outside in the yard...with a fairly comfortable looking bench, that I believe you'd look stunning under. Perhaps you'd consider joining me there for a bit and prove my theory. Miss...?"
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 20 2010, 01:41 PM

Group Icon

"Theresa. Theresa Richardson. Nice to meet you. Um... sure. But the thing is that someone might catch me out there. I'm supposed to be in class, but I've got too much on my mind. And honestly I don't see how the teachers would expect me to concentrate after what I've just told them. How would you like to be a 17 year old girl pregnant by a rapist?" she asked, whispering the last part in his ear.
Dolos
Posted: Oct 21 2010, 04:56 AM

Group Icon

Dolos was hard pressed to keep the smile on his face. He faced a conundrum, of sorts. Seducing mortals was standard practice for the gods. Hell, it was practically a way of life. And, to be honest, rape was not unheard of. But life was different now. It was a new age for both mortals and the Pantheon alike. Dolos had come to appreciate much that the mortals had to offer as beings. Sure, things were much different than when he was worshiped by the cutthroats, thieves, con men, and grifters of his time. And yes, he did miss those days. but working and living amongst them had proven to be satisfying in its own right. This new life of his had also given him a sense of compassion that he had never felt during the old days. Rape was no longer an option, except for the most vicious of gods...and for a human to partake in such an act was unforgivable in his eyes.

Hiding the growing rage at the desecration of such a fragile flower as Theresa, did not sit well with him. Not at all. "I...", he suddenly felt himself at a loss for words. "Hmm, what to do?" Dolos' mind went into overdrive. He wanted, needed for Theresa to feel comfortable, safe. The realm of possibilities were endless, but he had to choose the right one for this situation. "Fancy a cup of coffee?" I'm sure that my car is right outside", he said cryptically, deciding that he could just borrow one once they'd reached outside. "Would you like to accompany me to Starbucks? I know of one especially in North London. Its quite a nice drive and we can chit chat along the way. It might do you some good to get the breeze blowing through those lovely ebon locks of yours. Besides, I'm told that the pumpkin lattes are crazy delicious."
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 21 2010, 05:28 AM

Group Icon

'Lovely ebony locks?' No one had called her hair anything like that in her life. Boy was this guy pouring it on, or what? Then again, he was cute, and even after she'd told him, he just stood there smiling gently at her.

"Sure. It is a little cold today. I could use something warm." Suddenly it dawned on her that he wasn't dressed for the weather any better than she was. "Why are you just wearing jeans and a t-shirt? Don't you need a jacket? I'd offer you mine, but I don't have any extra. Funny, but since it happened, I get cold a lot. I'm not sure if it's psychosomatic, from constantly worrying about whether the creep will find me, or what."

Suddenly, Theresa, who had begun to shiver, wanted to be held more than anything... but she knew it wouldn't last. She could tell that just by looking at him. Though his face was gentle, there was a twinkle in Foxy's eye that hinted at mischief. He'd probably had hundreds of women, or would have if he could.

And yet... today, she'd taken a risk, simply by coming to school. And she was taking an even bigger risk by ditching class. If he were going to harm her, Theresa knew , and sadly from personal experience, that he probably would have done it by now. At least, she might have noticed a longing look in his eye, like she had with her rapist, but it seemed, at least for now, that Foxy was just being as good of a friend as one could for knowing someone inside of 5 minutes.

Why not take her third risk of the day?
Dolos
Posted: Oct 21 2010, 03:16 PM

Group Icon

Dolos held his smile, not wanting to reveal the anger that was slowly building inside him. This Theresa, she seemed to be so sweet and innocent. Is that the reason that her attacker had chosen to take advantage of her? "He's most likely a coward. Sounds like someone that could use a good thrashing, to be sure", Dolos thought to himself.

Dolos began to head for the door of the school's lobby and held out his hand so that he could lead Theresa to the door. As he turned and faced her, he noticed that she appeared to be shivering. "Is she cold?", he wondered. It was the beginning of fall, after all. But she was so fragile, in so many ways, that he could'nt determine if it was the weather or fear from her recent circumstances that had made her shake so suddenly.

Instinctively, Dolos wrapped his arms around the girl, hoping that she wouldn't misinterpret his actions and run away or scream bloody murder...or worse give him a swift kick that would cause him to speak in an unnaturally high voice for the next few minutes in pain. Locking his eyes with hers momentarily, Dolos spoke in the most soothing voice that he could muster. "We'll get through this kitten. One way or another, we'll get through it all." Then Dolos put his mouth close to her ear and whispering gently, reassured her. "And we'll settle business with Mr. Rapist, as well. Of that...I can assure or my name isn't Sylvester Fox." At that, he lead Theresa to the door leading outside to the parking lot.
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 21 2010, 03:36 PM

Group Icon

If she'd had the option, Theresa would have never pulled away from his embrace. She buried her face against him as he held her.

"I get cold a lot since it happened," she said. "I worry that he'll find me, and then where would I be? My parents died in a car accident when I was 14, my aunt has gone crazy- and by that I mean she's installed a high-tech security system out of fear that something might happen to her, and my uncle is so drunk all the time it's not any use holding conversation. I do have a family friend I'm planning to move in with soon, but I'll have to move to the East end, and I currently live on the West. I just got a new job, so I'm not sure this is the best time to be moving."
Dolos
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 02:16 AM

Group Icon

With a sense of trust beginning to show from Theresa, Dolos felt it was best if they took that ride after all. There was no telling what she was actually feeling, and couldn't even imagine what she was going through. "This would be much easier if I were a female", he thought...almost out loud. As they walked still grasping each other, a male student wearing a baseball cap brushed past Dolos side.

Certain that Theresa was pre-occupied, Dolos deftly removed the cap from the young man's head and simultaneously planted an image in his mind (and to everyone within eye sight) that he was, in fact, still wearing the cap even though it was obviously in Dolos hand. Dolos slipped the cap into his back pocket opposite Theresa, hopefully without her seeing the simple theft.

Upon reaching the parking lot outside of the school's offices Dolos pulled Theresa to the side. "You stay here and look inconspicuous while I...find my car." Dolos removed the cap from his back pocket, gently pulled back Theresa's hair and planted it on top of her head. He adjusted the cap's brim so that it was positioned downward partially covering her eyes, giving her a semblance of disguise. "Here, keep your head down a bit, we're going incognito." Playfully moving from side to side as though he were a secret spy or something, Dolos began to hum the theme song to Mission Impossible as he slithered away.

Spotting an Aston Martin in the faculty's parking lot, which happened to be closest to where Theresa was standing. Dolos decided that that was a proper car for a drive across London, especially since, other than the color, it mirrored his own automobile. Reaching into his jacket pocket, Dolos pulled out a fancy set of lock picks made specifically for this purpose. He slid one of the picks into the lock, out of Theresa's notice, turned it quickly and upon disengaging the lock, entered the car.

Immediately upon settling into the car, Dolos located the wiring connected to the alarm, made a few quick pulls to disconnect them and immediately turned on the car's stereo to alleviate any suspicion that Theresa may have had with any perceived strange motions that he had as he started the car. Seconds later, Dolos whipped the Aston Martin around and stopped in front of Theresa and released the gull wing doors which began to open automatically. "Ello, love", he said smiling. "Fancy meeting you here. Care for a drive?"
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 02:30 AM

Group Icon

"Oooh wow!" His car was just as sophisticated as he seemed to be, she thought."Of course." How was it that after living on the West End for 3 years, she'd never been in an Aston Martin? Her friend Leah Peters' family had a couple of nice cars, but suddenly they paled in comparison. She wondered how Leah would feel if she knew what Theresa was about to do right now. Would she tell Leah... or anyone?

She grinned as she stepped forward to open the car door. Maybe she would feel a little more comfortable once the heat was on. "So. Anything else you'd like to know?"
Dolos
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 04:05 AM

Group Icon

Dolos quickly placed his lock picking tools into his jacket pocket as Theresa entered the passenger side of the automobile. As he pulled away from the curb, he activated the convertible top and made sure to look to make sure that Theresa was properly strapped into he seat. Giving her a quick wink, he stepped aggressively on the accelerator so that the Aston Martin's specially modified V8 engine roared excitedly, leaving a trail of black skid marks in the parking lot's pavement.

Once they'd made it onto Holland Park Rd and then the main highway, Dolos plugged his IPhone into the USB port of the car's stereo and filled the airways with the sounds of Bim Skala Bim's Live at the Paradise. Keeping an eye for local authorities that may have been on the look out for his recently absconded transportation, Dolos glanced at Theresa, wondering how to breach the subject of her rape without upsetting her. Although she'd made it plain that she wanted to talk about it, he still wasn't sure of how much it would hurt her initially to discuss it, especially since it appeared to have happened rather recently.

"So...You feel like talking about it?"
Theresa Richardson
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 04:30 AM

Group Icon

"I've tried not to remember a whole lot, on purpose," she admitted. "But the facts are that my boss was stupid enough to let me lock up alone. Why would anyone do that? I didn't want to be alone in the dark in the first place. Then the customer came in through the back door, because I had locked the front one. I was a waitress working at Encore. Have you heard of it? Anyway, I was just about to turn the lights off and lock the back door when he snuck in. Then he lifted my dress, and I don't remember anything except how much it hurt. I don't even remember how I happened to call the police. After I called the police, I also called my boss, giving him the rapist's name. He refused to ban him, and I still had to work there, until a few weeks ago when I got a job at the aquarium. " Theresa took a deep breath. “That’s all I remember, or want to.”
Dolos
Posted: Oct 29 2010, 12:06 AM

Group Icon

As Theresa relayed her tragic experience to him Dolos seethed inside. The obvious pain that she felt as she recalled the incident appeared almost evident in her eyes. She had begun to bury the emotions within her psyche. This was almost certainly the reason that she wasn't able to place many of the facts involving the whole thing. In retrospect, he thought, that was probably best, for now anyway. There was no need to have to carry the burden, especially at such a young age. Still, she would have to come to grips with it at some point, if she hadn't already, he assumed, if she were to get on with her life. Dolos had seen tragedies such as this destroy humans completely, "Such fragile creatures.", he thought.

Hoping to change the subject a bit, Dolos asked Theresa, "So, since we're on this little excursion, there's no reason we can't enjoy ourselves a little. What type of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite?" Although Dolos rarely listened to most of the modern contemporary musicians and bards, he could certainly accommodate Theresa for the sake of comforting her. He decided that they would enjoy the best of both world's. He would continue to listen to his ska, but would create an illusional audio experience for her that would include a medley of her favorites. He hoped that by doing this he would able to create a comfort zone that would allow her to open up enough to provide him with some necessary information regarding her ordeal.

As he waited for a response concerning her musical tastes, Dolos began to inquire about the rape. Not wanting to push her too hard, Dolos began to probe a bit. "And what of this savage that inflicted this pain upon you? Who is he? Does he attend the university? Is he a part of the faculty? Would you recognized him again if you saw him?" It didn't dawn on Dolos the severity of imagery that would come over Theresa by answering his questions, but at this point his mind as working on a solution to her problem, which in his mind was closure. "And no better way to close the door on some that has violated you in such a way than pure unadulterated vengeance.', he reckoned.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7493 seconds | Archive
'DANCE WITH THE DEVIL' skinned by Becky (chasingFAIRYTALES) @ ShadowPlay & BlurredColors