Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Marie Antoinette Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME

You are the most welcomed to join us and help to re-create the world of eighteenth century Frace! Join us and make the Court of Versailles to come alive!

STORYLINE

We are set in year 1770, when Marie Antoinette came to France. Please, make sure you read the rules and agree to everything before joining.

WHAT'S GOING ON

At this moment Antoinette has just arrived and needs kind people to greet her. The Royal Aunts have started their plotting of using her in their intrigues against Du Barry. A Dangerous Liaisons story is going on, and Adelaide de France is going to ask Sebastien de Valmont's help in order to destroy Rose Bertin's reputation, for she is betrothed to Adelaides former lover. Madame Du Barry is having a party in order to celebrate Marie Antoinette's arrival, and everyone is there - you should be there too! :)

ADMINS

PICTURE OF THE DAY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Looks like Antoinette had a serious party.

PERSON OF THE DAY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Madame Adelaide - For being such a brilliant rumour-monger and intrigue-plotter.

CREDITS

sidebar:dana
coding help: rcr

Salon de Mesdames Tantes, Where the vicious rumour-mongers gossip
Adélaïde de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 01:00 AM

The Original 'Gossip Girl'

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

user posted image

Adélaïde could not believe the sight of Marie Antoinette. The little pipsqueak was supposed to be good enough for her dear nephew. She almost gagged at the thought of it. But, nevermind that at the moment, her focus was on more important matters like how to save her dear father from the clutches of that hag, Madame du Barry. And to think that she was eleven years her junior. What could her brother possibly see in a woman that was once a hairdresser. Disgusting.

Adélaïde took out her fan and fanned herself. She was getting too heated at the thought of that wretched woman. More than anything right now, she desired the company of her sisters, they had much catching up to do even though it was a matter of hours sense they last saw each other, but much had happened.
Victoire de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 07:51 PM

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Madame Victoire entered the Salon of her sister Adelaide in a rush, so uncharacteristic for her. She usualy did everything to remain calm, confident of herself, with a flawless attitude of a Princess of France. What more was left to her now? She was said by all the people to be the most beautiful of the daughters of Louis XV [OOC: In history she realy was], but stiil - here she was, in her late thirties, still unmarried, and most likely with no chance to marry. She, who almost had the chance to marry her brother-in-law, Ferdinand VI of Spain... But unfortunately his ill wife survived and Victoire's chance to marry was lost. This made her angry and bitter, though she never wanted to admit it. So she expressed her bitterness by using her wits and sharp tongue to plot intrigues about ''inapropriate'' courtiers. Her unmarried sisters were a great help!

Victoire was not in the best of her moods, as the next Dauphine, the next First Lady of the Court appeared to be little, thin and shy Austrian girl. What could be expected from girl like that Besides she was and Austrian, already that was a reason big enough to not like her. No doubt, her sisters shared the same oppinions! Today she had come, by the invitation of Adelaide, to reunite with her two sisters and discuss these serious matters and what to do about them. Besides, there was Du Barry... Ah, the shame! Not for once did Victoire think that maybe she hates her father's mistress so badly only because the young, ''inapropriate'' lady could enjoy the pleasures of a married woman, whereas for an unmarried Princess of France it was forbidden... But Victoire quickly shook off these thoughts, for she had entered the Salon, where Adelaide already sat, fanning herself, looking as angry as Victoire herself felt.

''Goodday, dear sister,''

Victoire said, opening her own fan and starting to fan herself too.

''What a pleasure to see you! I think we have much to discuss! Now, where is Sophie?''

[OOC: I never thought that it would be so long lol]
Sophie de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 10:54 PM

Member No.: 27

Sophie walked calmly into the salon where her Adelaide and Victoire already sat, fanning themselves and looking very angry, indeed. No doubt Adelaide was fuming over Madame Du Barry and Victoire over her loss of a possible marriage to Ferdinand VI of Spain.

Sophie reclined in a chair and fanned herself, the three of them now fanning themselves in synchronization.
Adélaïde de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 11:01 PM

"Ah dear sister, we certainly have much to talk about, no?" Adélaïde said as she rushed over to her sister and greeted her with a kiss on each cheek. "As much as I adore Sophie, she is always running late when there is much to talk about. My tongue can't take it any more I must speak!" Adélaïde went over to one of the sofas and continued to fan herself. She looked up and saw the arrival of Sophie, "Ah, there you are my dear!" she was up on her feet once more and greeted her the same way, "We have much to discuss!" She took her seat once more.

"I'm sure you caught a glimpse of that infant today," she continued. "And did you see those hips! So petite! How will she ever bare children!" How could they arrange such a marriage? Didn't they know you should inspect the meat before buying it from the butcher. "What will Auguste do with her I dare say, cradle her in his arms and sing her to sleep? Such a child! Not fit for the Dauphine of France if I had my way!" Adélaïde could feel the heat flowing in her cheeks, so inappropriate, but luckily she was just in the company of her sister.

"However, with a child you have to train her right!" Adélaïde snapped her fan and leaned in closer to Victoire as though to tell her the most divulging of secrets. "This little Austrian might be of use to us..." she said with a sly grin on her face.
Victoire de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 11:25 PM

As Adelaide announced that they had so much to discuss, Sophie came in and joined them. Victoire greeted her youngest sister with a kind smile, as kind as it was possible knowing the circumstances. They fanned themselves in silence for some moment, but then Adelaide, the most gifted with a sharp tongue and a mind full of intrigues that always worked for their good, started to speak.

As her oldest sister asked about seeing the Dauphine, Victoire replied:

''Of course, I did, dear one! How could I not! Everybody was glaring at her like she was a miracle of God, if not more. Oh, she is so skinny indeed... But I must say that I don't care about anything that much as about the fact that she is Austrian... Now how can an Austrian be a good Queen of France, can you tell me this...''

She continue to fan herself even more energetically and looked from one sister to another.

''And if she succeeds in producing an heir, which I personaly doubt the same way you do, all the Court will be at her feet, and we can not allow that!''

Victoire quite enjoyed the priveleges she had as a daughter of the King, with no queen or dauphine at court who could draw people's attentions from her and her sisters. Only thing that was in their way was La Du Barry.

At Adelaides last statement, Victoire looked at her sister, elegantly rising an eyebrow.

''Might be of use to us?''

She repeated.

''What on earth do you mean?''
Sophie de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 11:30 PM

After Sophie kissed Adelaide on each cheek and smiled at Victoire, she took a seat on the sofa. Adelaide got out her fan and fanned herself as she talked vehemently about Auguste's inappropriate new wife. Sophie listened to Adelaide calling her a child, unfit as Auguste's wife. And Victoire, saying if she will be able to produce an heir? When Adelaide said she could be of use to them, Sophie turned to her dear sister and raised her eyebrow.

"Oh?"

[OOC: I've been reading up on our characters and apparently we called Madame de Pompadour "Maman putain", 'Mama Whore' amongst only ourselves]
Adélaïde de France
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 11:50 PM

"I'm so glad you agree with me on this one," Adélaïde said as she listened to her sister talk of the latest addition. "And if you didn't I swear I was going to have to find a new sister," she chuckled heartily. "Well, the Austrians do have good studel over there, I can at least give them that!" Oh, if felt so good to laugh. She was in such a fret bottling up all her feeling and it felt so relieving to let loose.

"Yes, sisters I do believe the Austriwn dwarf could help us with a certain Maman Putain!" she raised on eyebrow and hid her mischievious smile behind her fan. "We simply have to coerce her in the right direction."
Sophie de France
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 12:22 AM

Sophie looked at her sister, who hid a mishevious smile behind her fan. Use Auguste's wife to their advantage? Sophie was indeed curious. Most people considered her shy and reserved. But this was an act. Deep down she was just as spirited as her sisters. Sophia whipped out her fan and tapped her right cheek with it. Smiling, she said,

"I indeed agree with you, Adelaide. It takes a certain strength of character to be Queen, especially in France. So, Adelaide, what exactly do you have planned with her and Maman Putain?"
Victoire de France
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 05:17 PM

Victoire was silent for a while, fanning herself and thinking about what her sister had said. Her brain worked fast, especialy if intrigue and gossip was involved, so the advantage of using the Austrian against Maman Putain was perfectly clear in her mind. She wondered only about the fact she hadn't come up with it herself.

''Adelaide, I never doubted that you are the most clever of us! The Austrian will be an excelent pawn in our plan to get rid of Du Barry! We just have to convince her that we realy like her...''
Adélaïde de France
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 10:37 PM

"And I have just the thing for the young fille," Adélaïde snapped her fingers and a maid came forward with a little bundle, "Now go away!" She said harshly as she unwrapped the little bundle to reveal a French Bulldog pup. "I heard she was deprived of her puppy and so we must replace it with a French one!" The puppy was very hyper and wanted to run away from her grasp, but she continued to hold the puppy as though it was a baby. "I'm sure this little petit chien will leave a great first impression," she smiled as she held the puppy up and it began licking her cheek. "Soon enough the young Dauphine will be wrapped around our little fingers!" She began to laugh in a menacing way.
Sophie de France
Posted: Jun 13 2010, 10:24 PM

Sophie saw her sister unwrap a bundle to reveal an ugly little Bulldog. Sophie was flabbergasted. The young fille and that ugly little dog? The puppy was energetic, trying desperately to escape Adelaide's grip and run around freely. Adelaide said they'd have the "young Dauphine" wrapped around their fingers as the dog licked her cheek. Sophie dared not voice her thoughts concerning if the plan did not work.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

&TURN ME ON! skin made by esmé (everything and more.) of red carpet & rebellion, studio circus, shadowplay & caution.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5384 seconds | Archive