Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Many Beginnings. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Taking {Chances}, Open
Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 10:47 PM

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 156

Jasper was out roaming the halls when he came across the Room of Requirement. He knew about it since his fourth year, but he rarely ever visited it. Tonight seemed to be a good night to actually figure out what the room was all about, put it to the ultimate test. Whatever that would be. There probably was a ton of ultimate tests over it's years, but who knew? Someone could come along and actually think of a room that was harder to come up with than the last.

In his mind, he was thinking of a room where it could provide many things, food, drinks, entertainment. Hopefully something would come up. After awhile, a door had appeared and Jasper walked in, taking a look around. It wasn't exactly what he was looking for, but it would suffice. There were tables full of food, cakes, tarts, you name it, it was there. Then there were also the drinks, at least that part was exactly to his liking, nothing wrong there. Then there were board games. Oh how he hated board games, maybe he could probably find his way into being interested in a few. If only there was someone to play them with. Yeah, he should have thought about that. Bringing someone with him. It would have made things a lot better. There was a fireplace in the middle of the wall across from the door, one couch in front of it. Chairs surrounded the place, making sure there were enough room for plenty of people to sit. Again, if only there were people there to enjoy this with him.

He went over to the table full of food and began eating a small piece of chocolate cake. Yum. His taste buds burst with flavor and happiness. Just what he wanted. Jasper grabbed a few treats and a butterbeer and walked over to the couch. He sat down and let the heat of the flames hit him. Jasper took his robes off and showed his Hufflepuff uniform. Today was one of the days he actually wanted to wear his uniform, any other day he wore regular, muggle clothes. He stuffed his mouth full of food, taking a drink every so often, making sure he didn't choke. Man, was he hungry. It felt as if he hadn't ate in ages, yet he just had dinner an hour or so before. Where was he putting it all? It seemed that he could eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. Maybe he should watch what he did, though, considering his metabolism will slow down once he gets older.

The door opened slowly and he looked back to see who it was. His mouth stuffed with food still, not able to say anything. Jasper wanted to smile, but thought that might be a bit rude. He chewed the food and waited for the other person to say something.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:51 PM

Group Icon

Group: Gryffindor
Member No.: 131

"Curious yellow," Timothy said under his breath, sticking his head through the door. It had opened, quite suddenly and without any warning in the middle of the hallway. What was this door? He'd heard rumors of a certain room in Hogwarts that 'chose' wizards and witches, much the same way wands did. Was this it?

He saw a shaggy blonde haired kid chowing away at a line of food.

Butterbeer? Oh man, time to get in on this party.

"Hello?"
Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:01 AM

Jasper heard the boy say hello and he tried to swallow the food in his mouth. Not going too well. He instantly took a drink of butterbeer and washed the food down so he wouldn't choke. Why did he always have to eat so much? Right, it was because he was always hungry. Damn that stomach of his. Speaking of which, it began to growl. "I just fed you." he whispered to himself, looking at his stomach.

He looked back at the boy and smiled. "Hello." he replied. Jasper took a closer look at the boy and noticed that he looked familiar. But where did he know him from? It took him a minute to figure it out, but it all came together. They had a few classes together, which gave him more reason to be friendly. If he needed help at any moment, then he could ask around, hoping someone would take him up on the offer. "A Gryffindor, how nice." he said, and there was no sarcasm at all. Jasper actually loved Gryffindors, only because he sometimes wished he was one. "Want something to eat, Tim?" he asked curiously, pointing to the table full of food.

Jasper stood up from the couch and walked over to the table once more. He grabbed a licorice wand and began eating it. Only one thing this time? Was there something wrong with him? No, he just didn't want to look like a pig in front of everyone in the school. The only person who was able to see the piggy side of him was Luke.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:14 AM

Group Icon

Timothy gulped, looking at the food. How tempting. Candy! It was always candy these days.

"Don't mind if I do!"

Timothy sorted through the food, wrinkling his nose a little. He came out with a tray of scones smothered in butter, marmalade and clotted cream, a steaming pot of tea, a small assortment of kippers and black pudding, and a very large mug of butterbeer.

He noted the other boy's look. "I skipped breakfast today."

Timothy sat, taking one of the scones, wolfing it down with swigs of what seemed to be some extremely strong mint flavored tea.

"Well don't look so surprised. It's not really a lot of food. Anyway, what're you doing in here?"

Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:23 AM

Jasper watched as he gathered what he was going to eat and drink. He wasn't really all that surprised, but was glad that there was someone else who could eat as much as he could. It made him feel a bit better about himself. He took another bite of the licorice and listened to everything Tim was saying. "Oh, skipped breakfast? Happens too much here, in my opinion. Professors keeps us too busy, don't you think?" he asked.

"I'm here because I was bored and needed something to do. Not much to do here, but there's food, so I'm happy." he told him. "What about you?" Jasper wondered if he would want to try and play one of those board games with him. Eh, let's just wait a moment. Maybe he would suggest a game and then Jasper wouldn't have to feel awkward about asking anyone anything.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:38 PM

Group Icon

"Great! I'm bored too. I was headed to the Owlery, but this seems much more fun."

He finished another scone.

"Looks like there's a lot of games in here... is this a playroom?"

Timothy was pretty curious. He'd not found such a place in Hogwarts, and he considered himself fairly well informed about the castle's various oddities and secret niches.

Mmm. Kippers. He folded one into his scone and smeared butter on it before chomping.

Yum.

"I fink - tchshat vvvvvweee schoolld - play a game."

Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 08:06 PM

Jasper shuddered when Tim said the Owlery. He hated the way that place smelled and looked. Couldn't the owls just fly away and do their business elsewhere? "Glad you came here instead." he told him. "That place is just... Disgusting. Can't stand it at all." Jasper added before finishing off his licorice wand.

"Yeah, there are a lot of games. Was hoping for something better, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Pretty much a game room, if only these board games weren't the only thing in here. Sometimes, I wish this place allowed technology. I'd love to play a few video games while I was here." he explained.

Jasper listened as the Gryffindor talked with his mouth full. It was quite hilarious. A small chuckle escaped him before he opened his mouth to speak. "We should. But which one? There's too many to choose from and I highly doubt they're all good. There's Sorry!, Monopoly, Opinions, and many more..." He read off a few of the names of the games. It probably would have taken him an hour to read off all of them, so he refrained from doing so. "I personally have never played Sorry!, so my vote is for that one. You?"
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 08:29 PM

Group Icon

"I love owls," Timothy replied, "But it is a mess up there, you are right."

Timothy finished his kips, and wiped his mouth with a cloth. The fishy aftertaste was terrific, and he needed a butterbeer. He quaffed his mug to a halfway point. Jasper was decidedly a nibbler, he noted. Not an eater. He didn't look the type.

"Excuse me. It was just really good. Ummm... sure! We could play that."

Timothy had never played muggle games. What were these strange things? Video games? All he knew was Quidditch. Mostly Quidditch, anyway. Brooms and flashing capes. It was the only thing he liked more than food, flying. Board games were beyond his ken. But was not averse to some new experiences, and anyway, he had butterbeer and was making a new acquaintance.
Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 12:13 PM

"Well, I wasn't against the owls themselves." Jasper stated. "I could never be against those beautiful creatures, which is why I wouldn't own one to make my slave." There was Jasper's little rambling moment, but it was over now. If he truly wanted to ramble, he would have, but now, it just wasn't going to happen.

"I'm sure it was." he winked. Jasper had no doubt in his mind that the food was good. Mainly because he thought it was, so there was no reason for him to think otherwise. "Great." he smiled, getting up. Jasper walked over to the games and grabbed Sorry!, placing it on the empty table just for playing. He set it up and chose the yellow pieces, placing them in the area that was designated just for them. Yes, he chose the yellow pieces, only because he was a Hufflepuff. Definitely didn't want the green, though it was one of his favorite colors. "Choose your color and if you want I can read the rules to ya, or you can read them yourself."

Jasper gathered the cards and shuffled them, placing them on the board. He needed to read the rules, but he could wait for Tim to do so, unless he wanted them read to him, then they could both learn the rules together. Either way, it didn't matter to him. As long as they could get some fun going on. He summoned his butterbeer over and took a drink of it.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 09:25 AM

Group Icon

Slaves? How weird. Gwydion's not my slave. He works for peanut brittle. Timothy had a nonplussed look on his face, but it passed.

"I guess... I'll be blue." Timothy said after some thought. "I'm feeling like it's going to be a blue day anyway."

Timothy placed his pawns on the board. "Probably a good idea, I really don't know what I'm doing here." Timothy replied, with an embarrassed smile on his face.

((Can we timeskip so's to move to the plot rabbit?))

Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 11:06 AM

Time went on and the game was nearing it's finish. Jasper got each of his pieces into the winning area and in a way, he felt bad for winning. He wasn't really used to winning a ton of things, but hey, at least there was that one time, right? Everyone needs at least one 'that one time I won a game' sort of thing. This was a new experience for Jasper and he actually enjoyed it.

"Good game." he smiled at Timothy. "You were a great opponent." Jasper wrapped the game up and put it back in the box. "So, now what? More food?" he asked.

He stood up and went over to the food, picking out a few more cakes and stuffing them into his mouth. It seemed that the longer he went without food near his mouth, the hungrier he became. Oh how he hated that. His stomach made a small rumble, letting him know it was satisfied for the moment.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 11:24 AM

Group Icon

"Hmmmm. Nope. Still bored." Timothy said. He picked up another butterbeer.

"You know, it's only the beginning of the school year, and I know we've got class and whatnot... but I was thinking about throwing a party." He watched Jasper closely for a reaction. ((and channeling steve coogan...))

Timothy had been folding this over in his mind, but now he'd found a somewhat bored compatriot, with a keen sense of food (sweets, anyway), and hopefully the same taste for fun as he did.

"What do you say, ....Jasper?" He'd remembered the guy's name right? Hopefully he didn't screw that one up.
Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 12:03 PM

Jasper's interest in Timothy peaked slightly when he began talking. He finished the food in his mouth and sat down the untouched cake in his hand. He looked over at the boy and smiled.

"A party, eh?" he asked curiously. "Haven't been to one of those since it was cool to go to birthday parties." It's true, Jasper was barely ever invited to parties, but hey, he made do with the things in his life. At least he had Luke to keep him entertained, well, whenever Lukas was around. Speaking of which, where the eff was that boy? Probably off sleeping with some random chick.

Jasper rolled his eyes at his own thoughts. Always ended up this way in the end. Jasper had always been forgotten by Luke when the next pretty thing came by, but after a day or two, he'd come running back because he was bored. He hated being the second choice, but it was whatever, they had their own lives now. Not like they were when they were younger, that's when they had the most fun together.

Jasper snapped out of his thoughts and came back to reality. They were talking about a party. Or well, Timothy was thinking about throwing one. "What kind of party?" he asked curiously.
Timothy Nimbus
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 12:24 PM

Group Icon

"What? Dude, birthday parties have always been cool." Timothy exclaimed.

Who was this guy? Timothy determination doubled. It was only a thought, but he really ought to throw something. He and Jasper could not be the only ones that wanted to kick back from the spellbooks.

He looked lost in thought. Hum. Snap him out of it.

"I was thinking it was going to be, you know, a bit of this and that. Probably an all night rage on Gryffindor Tower. Lots of beer. Probably difficult to pull off, but I think we could do it with enough people."

I wonder who else would come, Timothy thought to himself. He was sure he could get a few Gryffindors into coming, if he mentioned drinks.His roomies anyway. And he wanted a fire. Not a lot of music though, that would be too conspicuous.

He pondered it a bit. He knew who he wanted to come, but he'd have to see. Maybe it would be a good idea to make invitations. Discreet invitations.
Jasper Moon
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 11:43 AM

Jasper looked around the room when Timothy mentioned that birthday parties were still cool. Maybe they were to him, but Jasper didn't think so. At least, he did have his reasons. Reasons that would never be voiced or thought about again. Well, he hoped not. If he gets too drunk, he can't help what comes out of his mouth. Rare for him to drink a lot, though, so it just might never happen.

"Gryffindor Tower? Isn't that a bit high?" he asked curiously. "I mean, I have no objections to it, it's just... What if people got a bit out of hand and fell off?" Jasper couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape his lips at the thought of a fight breaking out and someone falling off the tower. He wasn't always this mean and it was always rare for him to think such things, but the image in his mind was quite funny.

"Exactly how many people would be enough people? I know someone who would most definitely be there, and he'd probably try and get a few others in on it, too. Don't want to go over a limit that you might have had set in stone or something, so this information could be crucial, unless you really have no idea what the limit should be." he smiled at the boy.

Gryffindor students had potential when it came to parties, not from personal experience, but from the experience of his friend. Maybe this one could do better than a few he had heard about from Luke. Jasper definitely needed to get in the loop again before he died of boredom. It was hard getting around and having friends if they were afraid of what you could do to them on a fucking full moon. Some of the looks and whispers actually pissed Jasper off. But, that's for another time. It's a bit off topic and we don't need that, now do we?

Jasper looked at the boy while he went to sit on the couch. His curiosity fully peaked and with information of a party on Gryffindor Tower, he was definitely going to be interested in going. For one, he wanted to know what it was like on their tower, and for two, Timothy said beer. That was plenty for him to be interested, but some other people weren't as easy as he was. So, information would be very crucial into getting people to join the fun. Especially when it came to that damned picky vampire Jasper calls a friend. Heh, yeah, Jasper loves him to death, but Luke could get on his nerves just way too much sometimes.

"So, Tim, is there anything else that'll be happening at the party that might be a bit important to mention?" he smiled as the question flowed through his lips.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.8122 seconds | Archive
skinned by semonte of atf and caution. do not steal.