InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Many Beginnings. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

here goes nothing...
Lucy Carlisle
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 12:07 AM

Group Icon

Group: Daily Prophet Employee
Member No.: 122

you're so hypnotizing
Lucy steps into the offices of the Daily Prophet for the first time, and is suddenly hit by the frenzy of typing, chatting, and general running arounds. People are frantic and crazed, working their fingers to the bone to get their submissions in on time. Well, at least she wished it were like this.

In actuality things were rather dull, people lazing around and not really doing much of anything. She walks over and chats with the head editor for a second and he directs Lucy to what will be her home for the next few years -- her desk. She sets down her purse and sits in front of her fancy new typewriter, ecstatic about the possibilities to come. Finally, she was officially a writer for the Daily Prophet!

words: 130. outfit: click tag: dominic! template by kristen loves you! of atf, sds, sp, and caution.
Dominick Camden
Posted: May 20 2012, 09:27 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 176

Dominick, well, Dominick had surprised many people today, including himself. He had arrived to work, not only on time, but a little early in fact. Lounging at his desk, Dom watched as the rest of the room hustled to reach their deadlines for the paper. Dom, himself had already turned in all he needed to do. So he had the rest of the day off. Unless something amazing somewhere around the world required his expertise.

Feet up on his desk, he watched the room with half closed eyes when a girl with red hair enter the room. A red head? He would remember that. Eyes still half closed, he watched her as she talked to the editor in charge before heading his way. Dear Merlin, she was getting the desk next to his, wasn't she? Oh boy, this job's perks just kept getting better and better.

He dropped his feet down from the corner of his desk and sat up, all systems on high alert now. "Hiya Red," he started with a grin. "Welcome to the Prophet," he continued, "Name's Dominick, but you can call me Dom. I'm lead photographer." Dominick put his hands on his knees.
Lucy Carlisle
Posted: May 23 2012, 05:35 PM

Group Icon

you're so hypnotizing
She stared at her typewriter with intensity, repeating to herself in her mind of what had just begun. She had dreamed of being a reporter for the Daily Prophet since she was a wee lass, and hadn't really done anything else except writing since then. Taking out her soft leather bound notebook and well worn quill and setting them down in front of her, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Now was the time.

Being so deep in her inner mantra, Lucy hardly noticed anyone around her let alone someone talking to her. Slowly she came out of her concentrated daze and realized words have been spoken to her. She turned her head to the man with the desk next to her and was instantly horrified. Had he said that to me right when I got here? Dear lord the man must think I'm a freak! Oh great now I'm staring at him. She shook her head a bit and put on a big smile to try and cover up the strangeness that was now apparently leaking out of her pores and stuck out her hand for a shake.

"Hi Dom, it's so nice to meet you! The names Lucy, but you can call me..Lucy? Or whatever you want really, it doesn't matter much to me." She gave a nervous laugh, maybe he didn't notice. Oh what was she saying of course he did. More words? Anything distracting, please! "So, have you been working here long? What's your position" She leaned in closer, lowering her voice so people around her couldn't hear. "What's the competition like?"

words: 269. outfit: click tag: dominic! template by kristen loves you! of atf, sds, sp, and caution.
Dominick Camden
Posted: May 24 2012, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

Dominick sat for a moment, waiting for the girl to acknowledge that he had spoken to her. He was a little surprised at the fact that she didn't respond to his voice right away. Was she deaf? That could explain it. Maybe she had read the lips of the editor when they had been speaking earlier. But he was sure he saw her talk back. But then again, deaf people could talk if they hadn't been deaf their whole life.

Having about to wave a hand in front of her face, he was startled when she turned to him and started talking, a mile a minute. Oh god, it was another aspiring writer. She didn't even need to tell him that for him to know. It was easy enough to pick up just by how much she talked. Dom didn't know if it was going to be exciting having her near his desk, or the worst time of his life.

"Lucy huh? I think I'll stick with Red then." he gave her a sly smile. "I'm lead photographer around here. And the competition, if you ask me?" he glanced around, like it was a big secret then leaned in close, "Is nothing to be worried about" he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"So, whats you're story kid?" he asked, though he could already tell just by looking at her. Aspiring writer, dreamed about a job at the Prophet since she was a little girl. Yada yada. Was she any different from the rest of the yahoo's who came and went? Well, Dominick would just have to find out.
Lucy Carlisle
Posted: May 24 2012, 02:20 PM

Group Icon

you're so hypnotizing
Lucy chuckled to herself a bit, never having been called Red before. It reminded her of those antique movies from the 1950's or something her brother made her watch whenever everyone was home. What was that line? Here's looking at you kid. There was something funny about the way they talked back then, funny how the English language evolved over hundreds of years. What was considered slang a hundred years ago is completely normal now, though Lucy was a hard core defender of the language of old.

"What's this? Lead photographer? But you don't look much older than me! You must be quite good.." She studied him for a moment. Maybe the competition wasn't anything to worry about, or maybe he was just an extraordinary photographer. Either could be true, though from the way he was lounging in his seat she was leaning towards the first option. Not being one to judge, Lucy put those thoughts behind her. She'd find out soon enough anyway.

"My story. Well. It's not very interesting really, I haven't really been able to stop writing my whole life and have always dreamed of working at the Prophet.." She paused, feeling a little bored with herself already. "All I know is I'm going to slave over this typewriter until my fingers bleed, and when people know me it'll be as an accomplished writer and not a shallow gossip queen like some of the writers around here." She rolled her eyes at the thought, more than one witch at the Prophet were extremely popular for exposing personal and often fabricated details of famous witches and wizards' lives.

"Did you hear about blah and blah? I heard they did blah blah and blah found out and was blah!" She adapted her whiniest voice possible for the impression. "What is this? Hogwarts? Isn't it time for people to grow up? There are real things happening out there!" She motioned towards the door. "Well..not literally right there right now, but things are going on and I'm going to find the real stories!" She was doing it again, getting way into the subject. It was really the only thing that worked her up.

words: 362. outfit: click tag: dominic! template by kristen loves you! of atf, sds, sp, and caution.
Dominick Camden
Posted: May 24 2012, 10:14 PM

Group Icon

Dominick gave himself mental points for that one. Nailed it right on the nose. Though the fact that she didn't want to just write gossip was a point in her column. He chuckled when she was surprised at his being lead photographer. "Yeah, well, like I said, there really isn't jack squat for competition." which was the truth, even if Dom did think he deserved the lead position on skill alone. Others being terrible just made things easier for him.

Dom watched her, a little thrown off by how passionate she got about almost every topic. He had to laugh a little at mimic of some of the other witches in the room. A lot of them loved their gossip columns, and Dom hated going on jobs with them. All they did was chatter away and away. "This is definitely not Hogwarts. There are many more back stabbers and cut throats here. I'd watch out for a while if I were you, since you're fresh meat." Dom didn't mean to make it sound so terrifying. He only wanted this girl to stick around.

She seemed like fun. Couldn't do to have the other bitches chasing her off. "Tell you what Red, I'll watch out for you. No one messes with me cause they know I don't care either way. Stick with me and you'll be getting the best stories in no time." Dominick offered his services. It would be, well, not boring to hang out with her. She was good company and she did enough talking for the both of them. He could do this until he grew bored or something. It would be easy.
Lucy Carlisle
Posted: May 27 2012, 11:00 AM

Group Icon

you're so hypnotizing
Nodding, Lucy noted to herself that it probably made sense there was little to no competition for her. She already knew quite well the condition of the Prophet, it had been all about the latest gossip for years. She hoped to change that, to bring back the glory of what the Daily Prophet used to be. Though, it wasn't all the writers' fault considering how slow news actually was lately. Lucy had a feeling things were going on below the surface, and she was definitely going to do whatever it took to uncover them.

Sighing, Lucy leaned her head on her hand and gazed around the office. "Of course it's more cutthroat than Hogwarts, it's people with the same mindset but they've gotten smarter at how they go about trying to ruin peoples' lives. If only we could just all be mature adults..." She trailed off, knowing that would never happen. Women, especially, just didn't know the meaning of the word 'team' sometimes. Say something wrong and you're their instant enemy, say something right and you obviously have something plotting beneath the surface. It was all very stupid.

She perked up immediately at his offer, sitting straight up in her chair. "Really? You want to help me?! But why?" Of all the people that came through her, she felt like such an amateur. Sure she had passion but besides some pieces for her own newsletter at Hogwarts she didn't have very much experience. "I would've thought you'd think I'm loony babbling on like I am!" She laughed, writing really was the only thing that got her worked up. Otherwise she was usually as calm as a clam.

words: 277. outfit: click tag: dominic! template by kristen loves you! of atf, sds, sp, and caution.
Dominick Camden
Posted: Jun 8 2012, 10:27 PM

Group Icon

Dominick glanced around the room, scoping out the competition for this girl. He liked her spunk. He wanted her to stick around for a while. At least, probably until some pretty blonde ditz came in and needed a desk. Then he'd give Red the boot and make room for the blonde. Or maybe he'd just set her in his seat too. They could share a desk. He didn't use it much anyways for more than just a foot rest.

"Yeah. Everyone has perfected their bitchiness and bullshit skills. You'll learn to just let it slide over you and wait for the perfect time to get back at them. Just remember sticks and stones can break your bones but words will cut them deeper than that" he chuckled softly.

She started rambling on again. Was she going to do that constantly? He may have to request a desk transfer just so he didn't have to deal with premature balding from pulling his hair out. Boy, she was a spastic one. But he offered his services and Dom was not a guy who would back down on a promise to a lady, pretty or not. Not that she wasn't pretty. Just, not his type.

"You know it Red. You may be a loon but as long as you're not in St. Mungo's and you're able to pull your weight, I wouldn't mind helping you score the good stories and such. If you're this passionate, you should deserve them anyways and this way the stories will be written for once," the last bit he said a little louder, glaring at the rest of the room. Everyone else glanced at him and turned away, lifting their noses in disgust. Dom didn't mind. He liked causing drama. It would be fun. Fun indeed.
Lucy Carlisle
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 08:06 PM

Group Icon

you're so hypnotizing
Lucy nodded, almost staring him down as she took in every piece of advice that came out of Dominic's mouth. She really was going to have to watch her back, especially with the type that was around the office right now. If she ever became lead writer, she was going to be much more choosy about the people working under her. Oh yes, the Daily Prophet was once again going to be a place of hard hitting facts, breaking news, and interesting opinions. She just needed to get into that position, and for that she needed a good story.

She very much didn't want to snoop around and steal another person's lead. Lucy knew that happened too much already, and once you pull something like that there's no redeeming yourself. People got away with it so often because the ones stolen from either don't have enough self esteem to want to take credit, or don't want to be made to look like a tattle tale. Either way, Lucy had been snooping around for interesting things to sink her teeth into before she had even stepped through the door. With Dominic's help, maybe even smaller stories would seem like bigger deal than they actually were.

"You know, Dominic, I may have a lead of sorts.." She leaned in closer, not wanting anyone else to hear. "There's a shop that just opened in Hogsmeade, and I think it may be too far away for anyone else to really want to do a story on." Leaning back in her chair, Lucy smiled. "I know it's not the biggest deal, but I could really use some snazzy pictures. At least it wouldn't be the same old gossip shots!"

words: 286. outfit: click tag: dominic! template by kristen loves you! of atf, sds, sp, and caution.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7644 seconds | Archive
skinned by semonte of atf and caution. do not steal.