A small, nameless planet bearing an uncanny resemblance to the human world, the difference being instead of one moon there are five, representing each small island. It should be noted that the moons do not orbit around the planet, nor does the planet itself twist around. Kani’s Netherworld is also a place of endless night, the light of day having never touched it for as long as it had existed; however, the reflected light from the moons provide an adequate amount of visibility in general. That being said, the tropical trees and plants that grow in this Netherworld use it as their source of light and food.A crude presentation of the planet, embedded onto the centermost rock on the first island is shown below.
Area one (left), Quarter Moon Island
– Mostly jagged cliffs and beaches litter this area, due to the fact that this island is the second smallest in the planet. Rain showers occur often, ranging from harmless to a mild thunderstorm, posing very little threat to its current inhabitants. Unfortunately, the catch is that Quarter Moon Isle is Kani’s first line of defense, the cliffs being a direct result of the earth shattering battles that occurred in this area tens of thousands of years ago. Given the present circumstances, chances are, it’s going to be transformed into a battlefield once again very soon.
1. "Bomb" (Prinny)
3. "Franz (Ghost)No geopanels, no buildings
Area two (top), Half Moon Cave
– Named such due to the labyrinth of tunnels underneath the island which ultimately leads to an underwater route to the next area, the surface of Half Moon Cave is practically one big forest. The trees, most of which are over fifty feet tall, sway their branches submissively to the gusts of wind that regularly blows through the area, all under the eerie gaze of a yellow half-moon. The cave itself would have been shrouded in complete darkness if not for the green torches that light most of the way. Strangely enough, the flames are cold to the touch, giving off an odd, almost empty feeling. Don’t get lost.
1. "Claymore" (Prinny)
2. "Buddy" (Blue Idol)No geopanels, no buildings
Area three (right), Crescent Moon Desert
– An island of contrasting elements, you’re more likely to perish in this desert of hypothermia rather than heat stroke, due to the violent storms that endlessly ravage this area. Needless to say, the inhabitants are protected by rain gear and sturdy shelter… the invaders however, are not. The color of the moon is also known to shift from crimson to deep blue during certain hours.
1. "Elise" (Female Soldier)
2. "Timothy" (Male Cleric)No geopanels, no buildings
Area four (middle), New Moon Valley
– More of a scenic patch of land rather than a strategically placed battlefield, wildflowers blanket the multitude of hills that shape this attractive island. According to the old grimoires, there has been only one record of a battle taking place in New Moon Valley, and that the blood shed by the defeated Overlord gave the wildflowers its striking colors. Among all five islands, this one is the smallest.
Status: 0/250No units, no geopanels, no buildings
Area five (below), Full Moon Sanctuary
– Kani’s personal island… it’s almost no different from New Moon Valley, other than the fact that there are no wildflowers, and the Overlord’s humble abode is in the middle of it all. Crabs of all kinds go about their businesses around the shore line, and the night sky shows the very visible constellations of the zodiac. There’s also been a rumor spreading around lately that Kani actually speaks to the aforementioned constellations as a way of communicating with Overlords like himself (Overlords of the zodiac and numbers, etc.). Whether that's true or not is anybody's guess.
Status: 0/300No units, no geopanels, no buildings
Units currently in personal party:
1. "Bettina" (Green Mage)
2. "Dynamite" (Prinny)