Gates Underwater Products
· 800-875-1052 (Toll Free in U.S.)
· 858-391-0052 NEW (Outside U.S.)
· 858-391-0053 NEW Fax
13685 Stowe Drive
Poway, CA 92064
Set up, operate and maintain conventional, special-purpose, and CNC vertical milling
machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup, operate and program VMC’s using Haas and Anilam controllers.
• Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics,
machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
• Read and understand drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample
parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of
operations, and setup requirements.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments,
accessories, and materials on machines.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed,
coolant flow, and depth / angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or
edit computerized machine control media.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision
measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
• Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve
machining or assembly problems.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; zero to 5 years of experience directly related to the duties
and responsibilities specified. Will hire and new train new graduates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Skilled in use of PC, G-Code programming, and CNC equipment
• Good communication skills with a strong team attitude
•Demonstrated attention to detail, quality and accuracy
• Understanding of process and product improvement measures
• Effective organization and planning skills
• Creative problem solver
• Multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
• Experience with Surfcam and Solidworks a plus
•Experienced operation of basic welding equipment a plus