Site Meter

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to MP BB. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

> New acoustic!!!, I'm soooo excited!!!
StJoeonthebus
  Posted: Jun 28 2009, 06:44 PM

dog and his master

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

I just ordered myself a new acoustic as my birthday present to myself this year. If anyone is curious, here's the site:

Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat acoustic

I LOVE the inlays!! They just add a lot of flavor to an otherwise old fashion vibe.

--------------------
user posted image
spazmanda
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 06:52 PM

secret squirrel

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 9

That is one foxy guitar! Good choice smile.gif
StJoeonthebus
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 03:12 AM

dog and his master

Thanx. I'll let you know how it sounds as soon as I get it.

--------------------
user posted image
StJoeonthebus
Posted: Jul 28 2009, 03:54 PM

dog and his master

If all goes as it should, my new geetar will be in my grubby little hands by tomorrow!!! I'm so excited biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

EDIT: Looks like I'm going to have to wait 'til Friday sad.gif

This post has been edited by StJoeonthebus on Jul 28 2009, 04:06 PM

--------------------
user posted image
spazmanda
Posted: Jul 28 2009, 06:02 PM

secret squirrel

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 9

They're really making you wait for it, eh?
StJoeonthebus
Posted: Jul 31 2009, 12:23 AM

dog and his master

Ya, some issue w/ late paychecks and an upset driver... The store I ordered it from (purposely) is a small music store that has one store in Sac and the sister store here in Modesto. I could have done it at Guitar Center, but I prefer to support the small guy (especially when the price is the same). They recieve the stock in Sac and drive it over to the Modesto store. So.... driver wanted to be paid (understandable) and I have to wait until sometime tomorrow afternoon... No biggie. Still get my guitar!

--------------------
user posted image
AKirstin
Posted: Jul 31 2009, 12:28 AM

wave motion gun

Member No.: 10

Sweet! smile.gif

--------------------
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent." -Victor Hugo

StJoeonthebus
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 07:05 PM

dog and his master

Picked her up from the store yesterday, and she is a beaut!! I must say, I actually am surprised at the quality of the guitar for the price. She was made in China, so I actually expected a lot less out of her, but thankfully was very well made. All the frets are very well dressed, no knots in the wood, binding on the front and back of the body, fretboard, and soundhole, and a wooden cap on the headstock (not sure if it's rosewood or ebony). Thanks to her hard maple neck, she sustains very well, and her tone is somewhere in between a dreadnaught and a Taylor x14. Warm and bright.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

This post has been edited by StJoeonthebus on Aug 1 2009, 07:12 PM

--------------------
user posted image
wolfpack
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 12:55 PM

cloak of elvenkind

Member No.: 116

cool! I just got a Cole Clark Fat Lady. Jack Johnson plays this model. real smooth sounding rythms

user posted image

Id like to get Woz to autograph it, maybe strum a tune. shoulda brought it to the acoustic show I went to this summer and met him.
StJoeonthebus
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 01:48 AM

dog and his master

Nice grain on that... I, however, am just not a fan of dreadnaught body acoustics. As a small guy, I like the smaller acoustics as they are just more comfortable and I like the mellower (as in WAY less bass) tone they produce... This new Fender acoustic plays absolutely awsome now that I put some .10 ultra light guage strings on it... The tone didn't suffer as much as I thought it would either from the step down in string guage...

I highly recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a low cost, smaller body acoustic electric. Even if you don't like the inlays or color, it's still such a budget guitar that most likely won't have much value even fifty years from now, meaning that you can decorate it, paint it, and pretty much make all sorts of cosmetic changes and not really worry about it effecting the resale value by much...

--------------------
user posted image
StJoeonthebus
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 03:38 PM

dog and his master

Ok, I have found a flaw in the geetar... It may be acoustic-electric, but when played live on a good size stage, I got MAJOR feedback when I stopped playing... I'm gonna try one of those soundhole covers (or a homemade one out of tape...) to see if that will help...

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Gear / Musician / Recording Talk | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.7139 seconds | Archive