Welcome to Lighthouse Beacon! You'll find support from our community here on our pet loss message board, on our Facebook page, and in our chat rooms, plus resources to help you heal on this board and our website and blog. Messages about the pets still with us, and pet care and rescue, are also welcome here.
Pet Loss Forum Guidelines
Welcome to our Lighthouse Beacon community! We have a lot of topics here that can provide you with some help and comfort simply by your reading them. But we hope you'll join us by registering, since this is a pet loss grief support community where more help and comfort can be found by asking for individual support and by offering it to others.
Registration is required to post messages on the board and send private messages to members. Registration plus a certain level of participation is required to view all of our forums, some of which are private, not viewable by guests or the newest members.
After you register, a validation email will be sent automatically to your email address and should reach you within minutes. Clicking on the link in that email will validate your registration, and you will then be able to log in and post messages. You'll be in our Newest Members group until you've posted at least 10 messages, at which time you'll be moved to the Beacon Members group (there are exceptions to this if we know you from other sites, especially our original board, The Lighthouse). Beacon Members, besides having access to a couple of private forums, can also use the PM (or personal messaging) system, the board's Inbox, as well as sending email to other members through the board, with the board forwarding their messages. (Newest Members can send emails through the board.) Newest Members can't edit their own profiles or view other members' profiles, but will be able to do so when moved to the Beacon Members group.
Please remember that this is a pet loss grief support site, with members here to ask for help as well as offer it. Everyone here has suffered at least one loss, or is anticipating a loss. So we ask that you follow these basic guidelines:
1) Please treat other members with kindness and respect.
2) Please try to help others, offering sympathy and support, as well as asking for support for yourself. You'll often find that helping others can be the most healing aspect of a grief support community.
3) Please use language appropriate for a family-oriented site.
4) Please keep in mind that this is a public message board (except for those private forums mentioned above), so you should not post such personal information as street addresses, phone numbers, etc., on the board. Such information can always be given to trusted people through private personal messages.
5) Please do not criticize any particular veterinarian or clinic by name or with other identifying details. We understand that sometimes people who have lost a pet may feel that the medical treatment given to that pet was to blame, and it's permissible to mention that in a general way while asking for support. But we ask that you not make those criticisms specific in a way that identifies an individual or particular clinic.