zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Wright Spot - A Laura Wright Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME TO TWS
Welcome to The Wright Spot! This site was created as a safe haven for fans of lovely daytime actress Laura Wright. This site is dedicated to Laura and her many accomplishments as an actress. Whether you watched her on Loving, Guiding Light or have become a fan by watching her on General Hospital, all fans are welcome!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the board please PM LukesDiner.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun posting!

TWITTER

FEATURE VIDEO

Credits

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

addREPLY newTOPIC newPOLL

Okay seriously I am sick and tired...
islandgirl
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 02:25 PM

Laura Fan First, Last, Always

Group: Fanatics
Member No.: 106

of all this gossip on SD. I don't know if anyone else heard about this "So Called" hate mail/calls that the haters have been doing in regards to LW/Carly. I for one think its completely immature and down right immoral. Now I may hate a character or S/L, but I for one do not go out of my way to promote it or campaign against them. I take it as everyone has their own opinion. But It seems as if things have gotten so juvinile that I just don't even go to ABC, SD, SOC, message boards, its a complete waste of time to be talking to fellow posters who enjoy the character of carly and then have some bad apple come on and talk trash.....

I have been campaigning for LW/Carly since she first joined, because I knew she would make a good carly and she didn't disappoint, and with all this talk I will continue to campaign harder for our girl...

Sorry I just needed to get that out!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Erin for the beautiful banner!!!
user posted image
Thanks Soapbubbles511 for the beautiful banner ll Avatar by: my sis Angelica
user posted image Beautiful Sig by Julia!!
^^^
SunnysGirl
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 04:04 PM

Crazy Wright

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23

Rant away my dear, I definitely understand how frustrating it is, but I always just keep in mind that these haters are only complaining becuase they are worried. They know that Carly has better chemistry with the men they want their favorites characters to be with. They see their characters compared to LW/Carly and find them lacking therefore they want to punish LW......................so I try to ignore them, but I realize this is quite difficult!!!

--------------------
user posted image

My Thanx:
To Erin for the amazing avatar
& wsb for the fantastic banner.
^^^
CLLover
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 04:50 PM

The Mouthpiece

Member No.: 59

Haters are jealous that our girl gets more air time than any of theirs. Just ignore it. I've said this all over and I'll say it again, Carly is the character that you love, hate or love to hate. Either way it instills in the writers and the higher up's that Laura is doing a fabulous job! Gossip+Jealousy=Popularity!!!

bigemo_harabe_net-122.gif
bigemo_harabe_net-66.gif
bigemo_harabe_net-92.gif
bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

--------------------
user posted image
*Thanx 2 LindyCFF 4 the banner*
user posted image
*Thanx 2 Meghan from .glamorousbanners.com 4 artwork*
user posted image
^^^
mlquinn106
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 06:28 PM

Laura Fanatic

Member No.: 48

OMG it annoys me so much when people disrespect or hate on Laura. I am like what did she ever do but be an amazing actress. I mean no one wants trash to be talked about any of their favorite actress or actors so why do it

--------------------
user posted image
^^^
CLLover
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 07:41 PM

The Mouthpiece

Member No.: 59

I mean no one wants trash to be talked about any of their favorite actress or actors so why do it

Because they're being small, petty and immature. They need to feel as if they made a contribution somehow-- and that's it. bigemo_harabe_net-93.gif

--------------------
user posted image
*Thanx 2 LindyCFF 4 the banner*
user posted image
*Thanx 2 Meghan from .glamorousbanners.com 4 artwork*
user posted image
^^^
AyannaD
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 08:31 PM

Laura Fan

Member No.: 90

I always find it weird when I hear that people write and call TPTB about a character or actor that they dislike. I hardly have the time to do it for someone I do like so I'm not wasting my stamp and phone call showing that a character I hate has an affect on me. lol

--------------------
Ayanna
visit my livejournal
^^^
mlquinn106
Posted: Jul 4 2006, 06:46 AM

Laura Fanatic

Member No.: 48

exactly I mean I dont have the time to support the characters I do like let alone worry about the ones I hate I just get through it

--------------------
user posted image
^^^
bellamn16
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 10:51 AM

Laura Fan

Member No.: 149

Trust me peeps, Laura's dealt with far worse than anything I've seen or heard of from GHers.

SOC isn't that bad. A few people complain about Laura, but most of the "haters" compliment her acting. They just don't like Carly. What can I say? She's not a character who appeals to everyone. I actually like reading all the opinions there. People get so worked up over everything. I find it amusing. I don't go to the ABC board. I've heard enough about it to know I should stay away.
^^^
LukesDiner
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 12:36 PM

LWFF

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (bellamn16 @ Jul 5 2006, 11:51 AM)
Trust me peeps, Laura's dealt with far worse than anything I've seen or heard of from GHers.

SOC isn't that bad. A few people complain about Laura, but most of the "haters" compliment her acting. They just don't like Carly. What can I say? She's not a character who appeals to everyone. I actually like reading all the opinions there. People get so worked up over everything. I find it amusing. I don't go to the ABC board. I've heard enough about it to know I should stay away.

Exactly! A lot of stuff said over there, SZ, and the ABC boards is quite comical. I really can't help but laugh because it's stated so idiotically. But Amber is right it's more on the end of Carly bashing then Laura. I've seen several people post that they HATE Carly, but think that Laura is a great actress. Which is all we really need to worry about. People hate Carly, that's never going to change, and there are always people who are going to be idiots and hate the actors who play the characters just because they don't know where to draw the line of reality. Anyway, just my two cents!

--------------------
^^^
blondy4153
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 01:11 PM

Laura Fan

Member No.: 118

how could anyone not like her as carly? she is great. i didnt think anyone could replace tamara, but i love LW as carly. she is a great actress
^^^
bellamn16
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 06:48 PM

Laura Fan

Member No.: 149

It's not that they don't like her. It's that they don't like the character she plays. Even Laura's said that Carly isn't a person the average jane walking down the street would want to be friends with. I see a lot of people complimenting Laura on how she's helped them hate Carly more than ever...and they mean it as a compliment!!!

I've seen the "dark side" of mean fans first hand as far as Laura's concerned, and if I felt they were out of line, I'd be the first to cry foul. When Laura first signed on as Carly, people were warning her and us at her board left and right about how bad GHers can be. But really, what I see are some fans who are very vocal and have no problem bashing a character - and yes, an actor at times - but at the end of the day, they're harmless. I don't appreciate it as her fan, and I have never lashed out like that over a soap opera, but having seen fans who aren't so harmless, I'll take what they're throwing right now.
^^^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topicOPTIONS addREPLY newTOPIC newPOLL

DUSTLAND FAIRYTALE created by BEAUTIFUL DISASTER of the red carpet & rebellion and CAUTION 2.0..

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0356 seconds · Archive
Affiliates