|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
| Welcome to JTF Squaretable. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 19 2012, 06:05 PM
King of the Midcard
Member No.: 1,881
Joined: 31-August 10
888888ba 88888888b 888888ba 888888ba
88 `8b 88 88 `8b 88 `8b
88 88 a88aaaa a88aaaa8P' a88aaaa8P'
88 88 88 88 `8b. 88
88 .8P 88 88 88 88
8888888P 88888888P dP dP dP
OFFICIAL UPDATE #2
YAHOO GROUP: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DERPness/
JTF FORUM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/JTF_Squaretable...p?showforum=361
TABLES OF CONTENTS:
1. Opening Statement
2. Out of Character News
3. In Character News
4. The Roster!
5. The Show!
6. The Deadlines!
7. The Standings!
1. Opening Statement
Alright, alright, alllllrrrriiiggghhttt!!!!!
"Bloodsport, Episode I: It Begins!" is now in the record books and I believe it was very much a fitting start to this Hardcore N@ National Tour! Gave us all a chance to see how things are gunna work and flow. I think every character had a few shining moments, even if they might not come out on top how they wanted. But thats' what I think -- lemme know what YINS think, ya know? That'd be rad. Oh, and everyone deserves to pat themselves on the back for amazing work on the strats. For the first show, with no real build up or any idea what to expect, yins really made my life a lot easier when it came time to write the matches.
Now on with the update!
2. Out of Character News
- Website keeps being updated periodically. I'm tryign to make sure everyone's biography is up there, along with the few updates I've received from some of you. If you notice your bio not existing at all or not having the update you sent me, please lemme know so I can fix it ASAP.
- MBC Bastard Olympics??? DERP's is certainly fielding a team, and Delaney will be team captain so I can do my best to lighten everyone's work load if I can, hehe. I know I've spoken to least one of you about participating... prolly need bout 3-4 guys total? So, yea, lemme know...
- Spread the word!!! While we certainly have an amazing core of handlers with amazing talent, we could CERTIANLY use a few more to round things out and make sure theres enough variety for everyone in terms of opponents. I'd really love to get a tag division going, but I'll be happy with whatever.
- Speaking of looking for handlers, DERP's sister feds IGA and BSCW are certainly looking for some more talent! So if ya feel like you got the time to spare or at least want another awesome eWness to read, check em out! Their links are right on DERP's main page for easy access.
3. In Character News
- CONGRATULATIONS 'STREET SAMURAI"! Bloodsport: Episode I will more than likely figure promeinently in the memory of Spade for a long time, as not only did he chase JPC from DERP... he survived all that was thrown at him and walked away the DERP YOUTUBE CHAMPION!!! But with the championship required to be defended each and every DERP show..... how long will the "Street Samurai" be able to hold onto that strap???
- IMPRESSIVE DEBUT!!! From outta nowhere, ROB SHARPE joined the DERP roster with a BANG! He not only won the tornado tag match to open the festivities, he manged to win the 24/7 title championship!!! He may have lost it later on in the evening, but still, it was quite an impressive first day on the job!
- MBC BASTARD OLYMPICS!!! With Delaney assigning himself title of FEARLESS LEADER, Team DERP looks to heard into the MBC Bastard Olympics and reek as much chaos and havoc as possible! Rumors are swirling over which members of the DERP roster will volunteer their services for such an event! Make sure to stay tuned for furthur Bastard Olympic related news!
- THE DERP 24/7 CHAMPIONSHIP MADNESS!!! For DERP version 2.0, FOODSTAMP was awarded the gold as a token for all his hard work within the realm of the DERPness. He tried his best to hold onto the gold as long as possible but after pulling a vanishing act on ONO HEZONFAIA, he fell victim to ROB SHARPE! But ROB SHARPE later fell victim to ONO when the two bumped into each other as ONO was til searching for Foodstamp! If this was how the 24/7 title madness starts off, it sure as hell gunna be a lotta fun as things heat up!!!
4. The Roster!
Jean Paul Celine
Billy Ray Rice
Caleb Foley, "The Celtic Crippler"
JD Houlihan (pending physical)
1) Angel Martinez, "Syko"
2) Big Mike Foyer
3) Daniel Everett, "The Punishment" -- CURRENT DERP DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
4) Devin Houlihan, "Dangerous"
5) Johnny Marvelous, "Too Good"
6) Josh Manning
7) Joshua Black
8) Josie Saito, "The Revolution"
9) Mike Gionet
10) ONO HEZONFAIA -- CURRENT DERP 24/7 CHAMPION
11) Rob Sharpe
12) Spade, "The Street Samurai" -- CURRENT DERP YOUTUBE CHAMPION
13) Takashi Ideura
14) Tyrone Heat, "The Trashman"
15) Yosuke Namashita
TAG TEAM ROSTER:
2) the Renegades (pending physical)
5. The Show!*
DERP Proudly Presents...
BLOODSPORT: EPISODE II - TRUCKIN' UP TO BUFFALO*
...from the BURT FLICKINGER CENTER IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK!!! Part of the Erie Community College, featuring a 3,000 seat arena just made for wrestling! As a part of the larger 'athletic center', there's an Olympic size swimming pool, basketball courts, and all sorts of fitness and weight machines at the DERPers disposal!
As for the card, in no particular order....
Part of the allure of DERP YouTube Championship is that it must be defend EVERYSHOW with matches having a fiftteen minute time limit. It forces immense pressure on the champion as well as creating plenty of chances for other talent to showcase their abilities. Fighting for the right to get their shot at the DEPR YouTube Champion next week will be ONO HEZONFAIA and TYRONE HEAT! And being that these two men have a penchant for violence, Delaney has allowed this 'YouTube' division bout to be fought under BARBWIRE HELL SWIMMING POOL DEATHMATCH RULES!!! This means both men will be placed at the top of the bleachers in the pool area. In bleachers are various barbwire objects, also located around the poolside area. Win the match by tossing opponent into the pool. IF both men end up in the pool... current YouTube Champion picks his OWN challenger!!!!
For the second edition of BLOODSPORT, Delaney is going to keep the madness rolling on full steam, making sure to pull all the punches and leave nothing left on the table. Thus, to ensure himself that DERP is being represented by the best of the best of the best "THE STREET SAMURAI" SPADE will defend his newly won DERP YOUTUBE CHAMPIONSHIP against the gauntlet's runner-up... ROB SHARPE! Don't forget, per the YouTube Championship rules, there is a fifteen minute time limit and the match HAS to end inside the ring! Will Spade's martial arts skill find him victory again? Or will the old dog learn new tricks, and taste DERP championship gold once more???
For this weeks special BONUS AWARD MATCH, it will be a FLAMING TABLES 50 FINGERS ELIMINATION DEATHMATCH! All five men will be legal at all times; there will be no tagging in or out. A competitor is eliminated when they are put through a flaming table, anywhere inside county limits. Last man standing wins _THIRTY-SEVEN_ points! That might just bring one of these competitors from the back of the pack the whole way to the pole position! The participants are: DEVIN HOULIHAN, JOSIE SAITO, JOSH MANNING, TAKASHI IDEURA and YOSUKE NAMASHITA.
To be a champion in the DERPness means you must be a fighing champion. While the current DERP Deathmatch champion will be given the night off, he will learn who his next title defense will be against as there will be a BUFFALO CREEK CONCRETE AND PLASTERBOARD DEATHMATCH for the #1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE DERP DEATHMATCH CHAMPIONSHIP!!! The two men being granted this opportunity are BIG MIKE FOYER and "SYKO" ANGEL MARTINEZ!!! Either men will first have to secure a pinfall or submission, and then hope their opponent is unable to beat the standing ten count! Angel Martinez gives up OBVIOUS size and weight to Big Mike -- can he slay the giant... or will Foyer grind his bones for stew?
There has been a change of personnel on the DERP rosters! Familiar faces have gone by the way side and there is new talent experiencing the madness that is the DERPness! One of these new talents has some DERP experience, as JOSHUA BLACK makes his way back, taking on DERP newcomers JOHNNY MARVELOUS and MIKE GIONET in a dueling canes three way dance!
*** NOTICE ***
Nothing is listed as 'main event'. Thats because with the style of show "Bloodsport" is the main event can really be ANY of the matches that took place. Meaning while obivously any title matches or special matches usually will take up said spot, it doesnt have to be that way and its all based on handler participation.
6. The Deadlines!
Okey, so I want to try as hard as we can to stick to a bi-weekly schedule. Obviously it will probably become more of a tri-weekly schedule, but we can do our best, haha!
STRAT DEADLINE: August 22nd, 2012 -- 8/22/2012
FLASH DEADLINE: August 26th, 2012 -- 8/26/2012
ONCARD DEADLINE: August 29th, 2012 -- 8/29/2012
And this should all mean this shows out before Labor Day (hopefully) but at least early September. Prolly means "TRICK OR TREAT" will end up more around Thanksgiving time, but oh well. Not worried about timelyness... juss worried about awesomeness :-D
7. The Standings!
This will be UPDATED after each show, and I'll make sure it's very available for yins viewing pleasure.
CURRENT UPDATED STANDINGS:
1. "STREET SAMURAI" SPADE *-* 25 Points, DERP YOUTUBE CHAMPION
2. DANIEL EVERETT *-* 21 Points, DERP DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
3. BIG MIKE FOYER *-* 15 Points
4. ROB SHARPE *-* 14 Points
5. ANGEL MARTINEZ *-* 10 Points
6. DEVIL HOULIHAN *-* 7 Points
7. ONO HEZONFAIA *-* 7 Points
8. JOHNNY MARVELOUS *-* HASN'T COMPETED YET!
9. MIKE GIONET *-* HASN'T COMPETED YET!
10. JOSHUA BLACK *-* HASN'T COMPETED YET!
11. TAKASHI IDEURA *-* -1 Point
12. YOSUKE NAMASHITA *-* -1 Point
13. TYRONE HEAT *-* -2 Points
14. JOSH MANNING *-* -2 Points
15. JOSIE SAITO *-* -3 Points
AND FOR EVERYONES CONVENIENCE .... THE POINT SYSTEM!!!!
BASIC POINT SCALE:
Pinfall Victory: 7 points
Win Under Specific Match Stipulation: 7 Points
Submission Victory: 10 Points
Total Knock Out: 15 Points
- No points for DQ or counts cause DQs and count outs aren't a reality here (for the most part)!
ADDITIOANL POINT OPPORTUNITES:
Championship Victory: 5 Points
Succesful Championship Defense: 7 Points
WAYS TO LOSE POINTS:
Every Loss: Minus 1 Point
Loss due to match stip: Minus 1 Point
Submission Loss: Minus 3 Points
TKO Loss: Minus 5 Points
Lose Championship Opportunity: Minus 1 Points
Lose Champonship: Minus 3 Points
A 24/7 Championship Challenge is only 'official' if there's a pinfall involved, whether its successful or not, to gain or lose points there's gotta be a pinfall attempt.
-- The Burt Flickinger Center in Buffalo, New York was the site of ECW's November to Remember 1999 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL26F8ED4BC2B1C965). As with all the stops on this tour, there's no need to do any sort of ECW tribute/homage unless you really want too. I'm just using this arenas becausee with the help of YouTube I can gain a sense of their layout and what's possible. Also, i think it makes it beleiveabel since this are actual place a promotion like DERP could hold a show and its a believable 'market' in a sense for there actualy to be people willing to show up to the shows.
-- STRATS, ONCARDS!!!! Yins guys are ALLLL extremely talented. For reallllssss, so anything to help seperate the cream from the rest of the butter is a GOOD thing! Always remembers its QUALITY over QUANITY, but QUALITY in QUANITY is epically awesome!!! Besides, strats help me write matches which makes things come out faster which helps keep us on time! ANNNDDD! strats are where all the 24/7 championship fun should occur!!!
-- SPEAKING OF THE 24/7 TITLE... In my opinion it serves two purposes. One, it allows for fun entertaining action filled segments to be scattered throughout the cards, providing easy ways to move along feuds without having to resort to th soap opera bullshit TNA and WWE like to spew forth. Secondly, since this is a 'points series', winning and losing the 24/7 Title can be a GRATE way to help boost your place in the standings!
EXAMPLE: Say, you're sitting at -2 points. You go after the 24/7 Title and win it. That's SEVEN points for the win and FIVE for the title pick up, so that puts you at +10!!! Even if you then lose the title, it's only minus -4 points, so you'd end up the night +6!!! That's a eight point swing in one evening and thats if you don't throw in a +14 point successful title defense!!! That ensures NO OOONNNEEEE is outta contention in the points series if they really wanna win it!!!
Believe thats it... Lemme know about the MBC Bastard Olympics ASAP. I'll be sending out the more specific information real soon.
UWL FEARS DERP!!!
DERP ATE ACE!!!
FEED... DERP... MORE!!!!