Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iguana Island Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Bookmark Us!
 

 What Should I Feed My Iguana?
Heather
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 11:44 AM


Juvenial Iguana
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Posts: 159
Member No.: 1
Joined: 1-December 04



What should I feed my iguana?

You should feed your iguana a diet of fresh vegetables and fruits. No animal protein should be given (crickets, mealworms, mice, etc.) despite the fact that many outdated books and websites will tell you otherwise. Iguanas are completely herbivorous. The main thing to focus on is to feed calcium-rich foods, and to keep phosphorus to minimum. You also need to be careful not to feed a diet of lettuce. Lettuce is mostly water and has relatively no nutritional value. About 60% of the iguana diet should consist of a mixture of leafy greens. The other 40% should be vegetables, along with some fruits. For a more detailed description of what to feed your iguana, refer to the pinned topic in the feeding section, "Foods To Feed Your Iguana."


--------------------
alizrdluvr@yahoo.com
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | FAQ For New Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you



Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0209 seconds · Archive