Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Older Lucha Libre
Phil Schneider
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 03:13 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Talk about any pre 2009 lucha here.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 03:39 PM

Administrator

Cassandro/Solar v. El Hijo Del Solatario/Negro Navarro LLL 7/5/08

Really fun match, with the three superworkers looking great and El Hijo Del Solatario not really being smoked. This didn't have as much Navarro v. Solar matwork as their normal tags, as Navarro and Solatario did more shtick and stooging (including the MX/KDX arm wringer spot), which Navarro did great. Cassandro ruled of course although I would have liked to see more of him and Navarro matching up.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Mar 4 2010, 11:56 PM

Administrator

Cassandro/Santo/Blue Demon Jr. v. Silver King/Mystico De La Juarez/El Hijo Del Solatario 7/6/08

Pretty great stuff, even Blue Demon Jr. was working hard. This is the third good Solitario match I have seen in a week, and I am thinking he might actually be good. Santo had a ton of energy in this match and was getting huge height on all of his spots. Cassandro was also great here, hitting everything perfectly. So cool that this showed up.
Tim Evans
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 02:26 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

4/2/1995 Konnan/Mascara Sagrada/Latin Lover/El Hijo Del Santo vs Santo Negro/Villanos

First time ever seeing Santo Negro. I thought it was Black Warrior under the mask but I was wrong. Loved the gimmick though as the match is based around Santo trying to get at him. When Santo finally does, the crowd goes nuts and women start crying. Rest of the match was good although Konnan's Pirata Morgan mask was a little weird.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 03:57 AM

Administrator

I am starting on watching footage for the lucha set, just checked this match out

Javier Cruz v. Hombre Bala- Callbera v. Callbera-EMLL 7/2/89

The first two falls are pretty pedestrian, but they really kick into gear in the third fall and we get a bloody intense hair match. Cruz is really great at taking bumps to the floor as he just floats over the top rope and lands hard. There is a really great spot where Bala sets up for a plancha, Cruz runs away and Bala back flips into the ring and nails him with a perfectly timed tope. They also had a bunch of cool double punch, double clothesline and double pin spots. This isn't at the level of the super high end hair matches, but it should make a set.

WKO_Mike
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 09:48 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Mano Negra/Valentine Mayo/Karloff Lagarde Jr vs Olimpico/Ringo Mendoza/Mascara Magica - CMLL, 8/6/97

Everyone was given a chance to perform and no one disappointed. Highlight was the mat section between Mendoza and Negra. I haven't seen too much Mendoza, and although passed his prime, he was still pretty great here, busting out smooth, logical counters on the mat and just showing great technique. Lagarde missing a splash and eating the turnbuckle before getting his head rammed into the turnbuckle and apron was such a great revenge spot. Chaotic comeback and finishing stretch as you had Mendoza throwing kicks and the other tecnicos confusing the rudos. Really good match.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 12:37 AM

Administrator

Reviewed this over at Segunda Caida figured I would throw it here too

Los Brazos v. El Dandy/Super Astro/Popitekus 5/5/91

This is worked technico v. technico and is a pretty sweet version of that classic lucha formula. We get a first fall of indvidual matchups, all of them were solid, with the highlight being the Super Porky v. Popitekus battle of the Rhino's. They smash into each other and it looks like a compact car crash. 1991 may have been the point where Porky's fatness intersected with his agility perfectly, and you could tell he was inspired to match up with fellow elephantine highflyer Popitekus The second fall mixes up the match ups and ends with one of the greatest dive trains in wrestling history, Super Astro leads it off with his crazy somersault senton, then we get topes from El Brazo, Dandy, and Brazo De Oro, each one knocking the receiver into the seats, then Popitekus unloads a tope which looked like Superman threw a couch at a group of robbers. Then to finish it off, Porky hits a plancha which felt like Superman added the refrigerator. The third fall was fun although anything would have a hard time following up that train. Porky's silla to win the match was a sight to see though, can you imagine the smell?
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4753 seconds | Archive