Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Good AAA, does it exist?
Dylan
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 09:24 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

I'm probably asking for it here, but has there been any AAA worth seeking out this year? Evans I'm looking at you.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 11:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Morshima/Mesias was ok but not really a lot of good stuff so far. Most of the possible good matches(openers) have been edited to death. AAA returns to ACM on the 28th so I'm looking forward to that. I have hopes that AAA turns around after Rey de Reyes.
Rob
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 12:03 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

Good AAA hasn't existed since 2/15/09 with the exception of a pretty good mini's match from 10/19/09. (Cubs' review = http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/aaa/20091121aaa.htm)

There was some dude who hated AAA over on the old smarkschoice board and would constantly annoy me by saying there was nothing good about the promotion and nobody good working in it. He was a few years ahead of his time but eventually proven right.

Hopefully the Perros Del Mal can get a legit TV deal, a new company name and then can salvage the remaining scraps of talent left in AAA (Aero Star, Billy Boy, Decnis, minis, Hermandad, Atomic Boy, Gato Eveready, Fabi Apache, Gran Apache, Ozz, El Zorro).
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

You didn't like Mesias/Wagner from Triplemania? I liked some of the Fabi/Sexy Star feud stuff and Atomic Boy's debut with Poder Norte. But yeah other than that AAA has been horrible.
Rob
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 07:27 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

Atomic Boy's debut was really fun but calling it "good" around these parts is probably not wise.

I could care less about anything Wagner or Mesias do. They're both awful.
Tim Evans
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 11:33 PM

Advanced Member

Aero Star and Fabi Apache vs Alex Kozlov/ Sexy Star 5/28

This aired on AAA tv this weekend and I thought it was one of the better AAA matches i've seen all year. Aero and Kozlov were great with the dives and Kozlov's sorta poor man mat work. Even the women seemed motivated as Fabi hasn't been that great having to work with people like Rain and Jennifer Blake.

Another good match from the taping was Wagner/Octagon/Pimpi vs Silver King/ElectroShock/Gladiador. It was pretty fun but might not be for everyone.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 03:56 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So I have Galavision now, and Dean has been telling me to watch LA Park on AAA so I have started to Tivo it

LA Park/Hernandez/Zorro v. Nicho El Millinario/Joe Lider Cibernetico 6/16/10

Moves from fun to awful in about equal parts. PARK is fun in this murdering people with chairshots and powerbombs through tables. Nicho is still good, and I was shocked how watchable Joe Lider was, his offense was credible executed and he took some big bumps. Cibernetico was an abortion though, he couldn't even execute a shove correctly. How the fuck do you blow a shove? Hernandez was also terrible, he looked completely lost, and his moves looked like shit. I have seen him in good matches before, but he looked like the worst wrestler in the world.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 04:50 PM

Administrator

Kind of dug AAA, perfect thing to watch on a DVR where you can fast forward. It feels less like lucha then like 1998 ECW. Still most CMLL TV is clipped and filled with talented guys half assing it. This at least has some energy.

Taped 6/20/10

Chikayo Nagashima/Fabi Apache/Meiko Satomura v. Christina Von Eerie/ Jennifer Blade/Sexy Star

Pretty fun stuff, according to Dean Mary Apache lost a match so she has to be a maid to Las Gringas Locas, and it is an awesome gimmick as they abuse here and throw drinks in her face. It gets tons of heat and is such a great race and class based wrestling gimmick. The GAEA girls are total killing machines in this as the murder the random Shimmer girls Konan brought in.

Electroshock/Silver King./Ultimo Gladiador v. Pimpinela Escarlata/Octagon/Heavy Metal

Pimpi is rocking Lynda Carter hair, and does his thing. Match is a little meandering until Heavy Metal gets chair shotted and then he sprays Hepatitis C all over the ring. Electroshock licks his blood off his hand which has to be one of the dumber things anyone has done is a wrestling ring in years. Grim stuff which was actually reasonably entertaining.

Extreme Tiger/Joe Lider/Nicho el Millionario v. Alex Koslov/Chessman/ Super Crazy

I thought this was actively good. Pretty stiff especially Super Crazy who was cracking people. We had some cool highspots, and a nasty finish with Psicosis hitting a somersault leg drop with a chair. Reminded of fun Tijuana matches in the 90's. Ends with a crazy Perros Del Mal run in with the crowd throwing garbage.

Cibernético/Dr. Wagner Jr./La Parka v. Hernandez/LA Park/Zorro

I thought this was fine up until the run in. LA PARK v. Wagner is always fun, and Cibernetico and Hernandez didn't make me want to wash my eyes out with bleach this week. Still mainly a set up for the thousand run ins.
Tim Evans
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 04:05 AM

Advanced Member

Phil you got to see the Mari segment from last week where the Gringas made her clean the house. So great.
WKO_Mike
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 12:31 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

LA Park vs. La Parka, AAA 6/6/10

This had an excellent first half but the second half was mostly average. First few minutes Park beat the shit out of the imposter and it was just great to watch as everything flowed perfectly. Really a perfect example on how to work a brawl in 2010 in front of a big crowd. I always thought Fake Parka was worthless, however, his punches here were pretty spectacular, also enjoyed watching his "stumble around like a drunk" selling. Still, this was definitely a carry job by the original. There was some meaningless your turn my turn stuff during the finishing stretch, but some of the sports entertainment was fun.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Aug 8 2010, 01:56 AM

Administrator

Taped 7/2/10

Super Fly/Laredo Kid/Mary Apache v. Billy Boy/Tigre Cota/Jennifer Blake

This had some fun highspots by Super fly and Laredo Kid, and I liked Apache's brawlin, but the finish was stupid and kind of ruined the match.

Rocky Romero/Jack Evans v. Halloween/Damien

This was fine, Damien and Halloween bumped around, Evans hit some highspots and Rocky didn't do anything to piss me off, although he did amusingly blow a 619. Still probably should have been better, not nearly as good as MMW v. New Black Panthers and Evans is better then Brian XL, Rocky is clearly no Smokey Charmichal. Already sick of El Hijo Del Tirantes

Joe Lider/Nicho v. Hernandez/Zorro

Lider and Nicho bump like crazy to try to make Zorro and Hernandez look tolerable. Not really sure they succeeded, but it was an impressive attempt. Lider took a lunatic bump on the Hernandez pounce. Konan does a hobble in and cracks Nicho with a sock full of garbage and he does a nasty blade job

Dr Wagner Jr./La Parka v. LA PARK/Chessman

This was pretty fun, Cubsfan called it a house show match, and that is what it felt like. It got a chance to stretch out a bit and go for a while. PARK v. Parka is always good, as is PARK v. Wagner. Chessman didn't do a ton but he looked fine. Enough with the heel ref though. Every match is way too much
Phil Schneider
Posted: Sep 18 2010, 11:16 PM

Administrator

Back to checking some of this out

8/19

It's Arena Nauculpan, so this was probably the worst card there all year, still pretty fun though

Aerostar, Gato Eveready, Laredo Kid v. Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro

This was pretty great, Oficiales are on fire doing their Oficiales thing, bumping, flying around and stooging. All of the AAA flyers hit their stuff clean and it looked good. Fun spot fest

El Mesías, Jack Evans, La Parka Jr. v. Billy Boy, Decnnis, LA Park, Zorro

This was really long, but worth watching for LA PARK as he was laying waste to some fools. Wanted Evans to do more.
DocSarpolis
Posted: Sep 23 2010, 10:14 PM

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Phil Schneider @ Sep 18 2010, 11:16 PM)
Back to checking some of this out

8/19

It's Arena Nauculpan, so this was probably the worst card there all year, still pretty fun though

Aerostar, Gato Eveready, Laredo Kid v. Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro

This was pretty great, Oficiales are on fire doing their Oficiales thing, bumping, flying around and stooging. All of the AAA flyers hit their stuff clean and it looked good. Fun spot fest

I specifically came by to pimp this trios match. This was SO fun. Among the laundry-list of relevant criticisms of most spot fests is that they tend to go too long and do too much. Not this match. It didn't overstay it's welcome. It was less than 10 minutes leaving me wanting more. As it should be for an opener.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 03:35 PM

Administrator

L.A. Park v. Mesias AAA 12/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HREr0mvsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lW1oy_of6Q

Awesome violent kick ass match. L.A. Park is amazing in this, comes to ring in his dead brothers mask which makes it pretty hard to treat him as a rudo. He just demolishes Mesias early including throwing him into the group of fat girls cheering for him, and punching square in the face multiple times in the crowd. Mesias gets a comeback and rips off Park's mask and he does a Monterey vs. Santo level blade job, just pouring blood. There is a great spot where Mesias hits a great tope and comes up with his whole arm covered in Park's blood. Dramatic finish run too, with Park fighting out of the crossface and just crushing Mesias with Austin style chair shots. Great shit, even better then Park v. Parka.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 03:46 PM

Administrator

L.A. Park v. Mesias AAA 12/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HREr0mvsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lW1oy_of6Q

Awesome violent kick ass match. L.A. Park is amazing in this, comes to ring in his dead brothers mask which makes it pretty hard to treat him as a rudo. He just demolishes Mesias early including throwing him into the group of fat girls cheering for him, and punching square in the face multiple times in the crowd. Mesias gets a comeback and rips off Park's mask and he does a Monterey vs. Santo level blade job, just pouring blood. There is a great spot where Mesias hits a great tope and comes up with his whole arm covered in Park's blood. Dramatic finish run too, with Park fighting out of the crossface and just crushing Mesias with Austin style chair shots. Great shit, even better then Park v. Parka.
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1625 seconds | Archive