InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

IWRG 2/11
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 01:40 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Figure this should be showing up in the next couple of hours. So chat about it below

http://www.youtube.com/user/tvluchadelpasado
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 10:25 PM

Administrator

Check out the first part of the Avisman/Alan Extreme v. Heros/Brazo Metalico match. Lots of really fun Avisman matwork. Rest is very skippable.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 10:46 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

I don't know. I liked the second caida better in that match as it had the "things are breaking down" feel to it. I really wasn't high on the matwork in the first fall at all. There was some nice stuff to be sure, but a lot of it looked sloppy as well.

Dylan
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 10:50 PM

Advanced Member

Maldito Jr. & Samoth vs Trauma I & Trauma II

This was a good match entirely because of the Trauma's. After losing the first fall they seem to get legit pissed and spend the rest of the match beating the shit out of Samoth and Maldito with vicious chops and punches. There is also a devastating inside out slingshot double stomp by the Trauma's tandem that looks downright murderous. I would have preferred this be a two fall steamrolling, but it was still pretty fun.
Ruggles
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 11:06 PM

Member No.: 13

The Traumas are rudos, right? They came across as complete technicos in that match, although it worked because they were fighting two larger guys. Or, are Samot & Maldito also rudos?

Edit: thecubsfan says they are all rudos, which explains a lot. Overall, an excellent match. Traumas become the default technicos, as Trauma I has the mat skills to prove it. When they get pissed at the other team not wanting to continue wrestling, they show how they are the best brawlers, too. The above mentioned double-team stomp move is always great, and Traumas continue to shine as the best wrestlers in 2010.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 11:16 PM

Administrator

IWRG runs a lot of rudo v. rudo matchups, and they often fucking rule. I loved this, who was the dummy on Wrestling KO who complained about lucha being too loose? Watch Trauma II throw an elbow.
Ruggles
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 11:44 PM

Yeah, the Traumas seem determined to turn IWRG into a lucha Battlearts.

The semimain was also a lot of fun, especially the first fall.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 11:44 PM

Advanced Member

Hijo del Pantera, Pantera, Zatura vs Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Signo is up though BTJ has it labeled strangely.

Not sure how I feel about it as a match. On the one hand I really like some of Zatura's matwork and Cerebro's strikes are so vicious I could watch them forever. On the other hand I thought this was the weakest Black Terry performance I have seen this year. Not saying he looked bad, but he really didn't stand out above the fray here like he usually does. Also Hijo Del Pantera seemed to alternate back and forth in this match between "fun guy" and "annoying guy." Also the finish was fucking horrible as I hate double pins as a rule. There is a really fun "chase" spot in this with Pantera and some great punching exchanges but ultimately this felt like a match that should have been better than it was.
Ruggles
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Dylan @ Feb 12 2010, 10:44 PM)
Hijo del Pantera, Pantera, Zatura vs Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Hijo del Signo is up though BTJ has it labeled strangely.

Not sure how I feel about it as a match. On the one hand I really like some of Zatura's matwork and Cerebro's strikes are so vicious I could watch them forever. On the other hand I thought this was the weakest Black Terry performance I have seen this year. Not saying he looked bad, but he really didn't stand out above the fray here like he usually does. Also Hijo Del Pantera seemed to alternate back and forth in this match between "fun guy" and "annoying guy." Also the finish was fucking horrible as I hate double pins as a rule. There is a really fun "chase" spot in this with Pantera and some great punching exchanges but ultimately this felt like a match that should have been better than it was.

I would disagree almost entirely, as this seemed as good as it should have been, especially considering who is in the match following. The two kids did seem somewhat lost on occasion, but that almost seemed the point. There was one point where Hijo de Pantera and Zatura were fighting Hijo del Signo outside the ring, and Pantera was fighting both Cerebros inside the ring, which really was what the match was all about: Pantera kind of leading these two new, young technicos taking on veteran rudos (and Hijo del Signo).

I agree that Black Terry "didn't stand out above the fray," but when the fray includes Dr. Cerebro and Pantera, why should he? Also, the finish was frustrating, but it is probably leading somewhere, so is somewhat forgivable.
Mike
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 12:38 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

My thoughts:

Black Terry/Doctor Cerebro/Hijo del Signo vs. Pantera/Zatura/Hijo del Pantera

Damn that first fall ruled. Terry did a masterful job selling his injured neck, for example he'd desperately go for a rope break when Pantera went for a neck crank and then afterwards he made a simple trip look devastating. Actual matwork was really good as well. Cerebro/Zatura mat exchange was simply beautiful and something worth rewatching. The match went downhill once they began brawling. Don't get me wrong, it was still good, especially when Terry and Pantera were trading punches, but was a step below the matwork. The rookies were alright, don't think they hurt the match too much. Hijo del Pantera needs to work on his punches. Oh and Terry looked like such a badass standing in the corner moments before his final exchange with Pantera.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:01 AM

Advanced Member

I think Mike sorta articulates my points better than me as I really think the match sort of slipped after the Zatura/Cerebro mat exchange mainly because it seemed like too much was going on/not enough structure. This is a match that might benefit from a pro shot, but then maybe not.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:18 AM

Administrator

I thought this was a spectacular Terry performance, he does such an amazing job as a wounded and outgunned fighter. It felt kind of like some of the great late period Misawa matches. Lots to love in this match, although Hijo Del Pantera was in too deep.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:22 AM

Advanced Member

Terry is like my favorite guy in the World right now. I actually can't believe I'm the guy least impressed with him in this. This is something that's going to have to go in the rewatch pile.
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 10:31 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

I thought it was the best trios match of the year up until the double pin which was a downer no matter what way you look at it, but it smoked the hell out of those CMLL trios people are talking about. The structure was fantastic up until the stretch run.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 02:30 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

The Black Terry match was awesome. Really impressed with the rookies as they didn't hurt the match at all. Angry Terry is great and I'd love to see a singles match between him and Pantera.

The Trauma match was alright. Not the best match but they looked evil in it.
« Next Oldest | IWRG | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1639 seconds | Archive