Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )

AULL, UWE, PDM, ACM, ect.
Noah Mark
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 10:10 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

I just watched the Cesar Dantes/Black Demon vs Blue Demon Jr/Pepe Aguayo match and it was decent. I thought Dantes/Black Demon were good heels and did get alot of crowd heat.
Ruggles
Posted: Sep 24 2010, 06:40 PM

Member No.: 13

Toryumon Mexico 5/29/10 (aired in Japan 6/10/10, or something)

Super Porky/Ultimo Dragon/Mil Mascaras/Tatsumi Fujinami v. Rey Bucanero/Arkangel de la Muerte/Chuck Palumbo/Negro Navarro Atlantis

Cubsfan's site and Alfredo's site both list Negro Navarro in the main event, but unless he dresses like Atlantis, and wrestles like Atlantis, I'm pretty sure it is Atlantis. Bulk of the match is Chuck Palumbo vs. Dragon, which is a matchup I actually enjoy, but understand that there is no accounting for taste. Fujimani looks utterly lost, and one spot even was edited out. Kind of a mess.

Dragon Scramble: Hijo del Fantasma, Durango Kid, Máximo, Trauma I, Medico Asesino Jr., Brazo de Platino, Brazo de Oro, Skándalo, Astro Boy, Trauma II, Hijo del Signo, Ulises Jr

This was a total blast. Dinastia Navarro vs. Brazos is kind of a dream match, and this gets kind of close to that. I could understand being tired of some of these guys if you watched a lot of CMLL, but I don't.

Pequeno Damiam 666 v. Mascarita Dorada vs. Yoruba

Luchawiki says Yoruba is with AULL, but I don't know if I've ever seen him before. He was capable of getting out of the way to let Mascarita Dorada and Pequeno Damian 666 wrestle, so obviously he has something of a clue as to what makes a good match.

Ayumi Kurihara & Marcela vs. La Comandante & Mima Shimoda

I fell asleep during this! But, it was already like 9PM, which is pretty late for me. I saw some of it, and it was good enough of a match to close my eyes to.

Boby Zavala, Robin, Stuka Jr. vs. Misterioso II, Negro Casasola, Semental

As said before, I don't watch much CMLL anymore, so Misterioso's battle with elephantiasis is new to me. I applaud his bravery in continuing to wrestle in his present condition. He must have been inspired by Super Porky, and maybe someday he will be half as good the wrestler.

Steve Pain & Thunder Wolf vs. Blood Eagle & Laberinto

I don't know who these guys are! Ultimo Dragon trainees, I presume. This was better than, say a Young Bucks vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards match, but not as good as an Irish Airborn vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards match. Maybe.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Sep 24 2010, 07:08 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Man bummed about the Navarro bait and switch. That match was awesome and weird on paper.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 05:03 PM

Administrator

Mari Apache, Negro Navarro, Trauma II v. Fabi Apache, Gran Apache, Trauma I 9/26

I liked this a lot more then the Navarro v. Apache singles match. It was really fun to watch Navarro work with T1, I loved when Trauma tried to roll through on an armbar and Navarro rolled right with him, remind me of trying to pump fake your dad in hoops and getting your shot stuffed. Apache looked way better here too. A little bit exhibitiony, which is a result of turning it into a parajas, would love to see a straight up family feud.
Ruggles
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 06:39 PM

Member No.: 13

Did the Mano Negra vs. Solar apuestas match ever show up online?
Phil Schneider
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 12:02 AM

Administrator

Black Terry/Trauma 1/Trauma 2/Hajime Ohara v. Solar/El Hijo De Solar/Brazo De Oro/Brazo De Platino Toryuman 10/10/10-FUN

Another nifty little obscure gem from our boy Black Terry Jr.. The match opens up with a great 2 minute Black Terry v. Solar maestro section, and I got really excited, but that wasn't the kind of match we got. This was traditional house show lucha, the kind of thing being done hundreds of times all around Mexico, but done with super talented workers here. It was built around Brazo De Oro bickering with the ref, El Hijo De Solar with some fancy young technico stuff, and Brazo De Platino doing Super Porky spots. Terry and the Traumas are really good as stooging rudos which isn't normally what they do. Terry makes this great face of disgust and fear right before Platino splatters him in the corner. If this was stretched out to three falls, with a little more substance, I could see this being a great match, but as is, it is pretty much a definition of a FUN lucha match.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Oct 19 2010, 02:27 AM

Administrator

Judas El Traidor v. Mr. Potro-Arena Colacaco 10/17

Not a great match, but a fun Judas performance. I really enjoyed him shit talking the crowd and the rolling senton into the chairs was awesome. Still I didn't dig the finish run and Potro didn't bring much to the table
Phil Schneider
Posted: Oct 20 2010, 02:19 AM

Administrator

Iron Love/Chucho el Roto vs Terry 2000/Rey Krimen AULL 10/17

Great title match. We get an opening caida of cool matwork, then a 2nd and 3rd Caidas full of dives, blood,brawling and near falls. Terry 2000 was especially awesome and the finish was very cool. Everyone should go watch the match
Phil Schneider
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 04:49 PM

Administrator

Dr. Cerebro v. Turbo 10/23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTDheeKDT8

Fun short match with Cerebro looking good and Turbo hitting a cool dive. Seriously though fuck heel refs and 3 minute falls, and this had both
Phil Schneider
Posted: Nov 30 2010, 06:18 PM

Administrator

Negro Navarro/Super Colt/Cerebro Maligno vs Sadico/Solar/Rocky Santana 11/25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOF5TP6nr_s

As expected we get our traditional Solar v. Navarro match up, with both guys looking great as usual. Not catch and release, this had a bunch of cool counters, and their second fast section was super fast. All the other guys in this looked very good too, I hadn't seen Super Colt before, but he fit well in the old maestro mold of guys like Terry and Navarro. He takes a sick shoulder into the post Psicosis bump too. Though Santana was spry, and really dug all of Sadico's athletic stuff. Fun match.

Black Terry/Shu El Guerrero v. Dos Caras/Negro Navarro 11/20/10-GREAT

We get another really fun small show lucha maestros match from our main man Black Terry Jr.. Fun to see Dos Caras show up here, he hasn't really been part of this group before. Terry and Dos match up in the first fall and it is excellent, Dos working Terry into armdrags and leglocks. Navarro and Shu may be as much fun as Navarro v. Solar, as this has a ton of very cool grappling with Shu in par terre, and reversing Navarros attacks out of that. The finish of the first fall was pretty cool as Terry and Navarro say "screw it" and start smacking each other. Second and Third falls were fun stuff, but didn't really live up to the promise of the first. Lots of Terry and Shu doing stooging comedy spots. I really like the MX/Delfin arm wringer spot, but I was kind of hoping for the match to really kick it into gear after the first fall tease, and we never really get Navarro v. Terry reach its potential. Still it is such a treat to get to see this stuff.
Tim Evans
Posted: Dec 20 2010, 01:20 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Negro Navarro and Trauma vs Solar and Hijo Del Solar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijjkmW1CT8g

I'm guessing this took place Saturday at a Toryumon show. The thing I liked about it the most was Negro and Solar worked with the young guys most of the match. It was fresh and something different. They still had the regular Maestro segment but seeing Navarro get upset when he was upstaged by Hijo ruled. Fun match.

Phil Schneider
Posted: Dec 27 2010, 04:49 AM

Administrator

Black Terry/Negro Navarro v. Solar/Black Shadow Jr. 12/18/10-

We have had a great end of the year run of maestro lucha libre and this is another banger. I haven't seen Black Shadow Jr. in 20 years, but he fit right into this crew. Navarro and Solar do the thing they do, and it is great as usual. I love their rolling tapitia counters which is a spot they don't break out much, and Solar's headscissors chicken wing submission is spectacular. Still I think the show was stolen by Shadow and Terry, very cool countering and matwork with Shadow also breaking out some crazy athletic flips for a elderly looking guy. Terry was right there constantly attacking limbs and getting big air on all of Shadows attacks. I would have liked to see more mixing of the opponents, but I am jazzed we now have dueling indy lucha HH providers.

Solar 1/El Hijo Del Solar v. Negro Navarro/Trauma II Toryuman 12/19

Fun match which mixes the traditional Navarro v. Solar battle with the maestros working with the young guy, which was a ton of fun. T 2 has disappeared in the last couple of months so I was glad to see him back and he ripped it up with Solar, El Hijo Del Solar was really green last time I saw him, but he looked like he belonged with Navarro. And of course the end run with Solar v. Navarro seniors was awesome, I loved the version of the rolling cradle they finished with.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jan 6 2011, 01:17 PM

Administrator

Mike Segura/Trauma I/Trauma II v. Black Lancer/Carta Brava Jr./Dr. Cerebro 1/1/11

Match starts out with a pretty great T2 v. Cerebro exchange, Cerebro continues to look amazing. He also matched up well with Suicida's flashier stuff. Lancer and Brava don't bring much, and I wanted more Trauma 1, so not a nomination, but worth checking out.

Black Terry/Negro Navarro/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. v. Ultimo Dragon/Ultraman/Solar 1/1/11

Happy New Year, and watching Solar and Negro Navarro do the thing they do. That match up is always going to be worth watching, although this was more of a greatest hits collection, then anything super new. I did really like how they worked in and out of a tapitia, and the rolling hammerlock is one of my favorite wrestling moves ever. The match didn't really have any stand out stuff outside of Solar v. Navarro though. 2010 Ultraman doesn't bring a ton to the table outside of his awesome punch combos, and we got no punch combos. Terry looks good although he is matched up with Ultraman and Dragon, and there is a limit to what he can do with them. We do get a Ultimo v. Terry mat section which was fun, although very similar to Terry working a mat section with a trainee and Ultimo has been wrestling for years.

El Hijo Del Santo/Rayo De Jalisco Jr. v. Blue Demon Jr./El Hijo Del Solitario 1/1/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1WJ6l69ow&feature=feedu

One of the better Santo matches in the last couple of years. We get a really nice long grappling section with Blue Demon Jr. in the first fall. They have been working together so much that it feels like Demon has picked some stuff by osmosis. The segunda brawling looked pretty good, with everyone bleeding, and we got a pretty Santo tope in the third fall. Shitty finish, but this was the best match of the New Years Neza show, and a fine indy lucha youtube start to 2011.
Noah Mark
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 02:19 PM

Member No.: 39

Both from UWE

Solar I/Negro Navarro vs Histeria II/Psicosis II-1/19/2011
Black Terry/Traumas I & II vs Rocky Santana/Sadico/Robin Maravilla-1/19/2011
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1614 seconds | Archive