Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

AULL, UWE, PDM, ACM, ect.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 12:33 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Let's talk about the random smaller feds, good matches, wrestlers to watch ect.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 03:20 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

I could probably write a book on how much I enjoyed ACM last year but I"ll try to keep it brief and up to this year.

ACM: January was kind of a down month. The Time slot for the ACM is different almost every week. Some shows last 30 minutes while some last a hour. You usually get from 1-3 matches a tv show depending on the length. My favorite matches so far have been

1. Simbolo vs Angel Dorado Jr. 1/19
2 Diluvio Negro 1 y II, Silver Star vs Antifaz Del Norte, Charles Lucero y Sergio Romo Jr. 1/24
3. Difunto 1/II, Hijo Del Cien Caras y Zumbido vs Estrella Dorada, Monje Negro, Raiden, Voltje 1/10

Simbolo/Dorado is mostly worked in a CMLL style but it was awesome. Might have to watch it again but top 5 MOTYC so far. The two tag matches are not great but good fun matches. It's nice to see guys like Antifaz and Zumbido working better than they were in the main promotions. Zumbido had a series of fun matches late last year. Lucero, Difuntos and Silver Star are also local guys that I really like. Silver Star has been in a bloody turf feud with Hator that seems to be winding up soon. AAA comes back to ACM next month.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 02:26 AM

Administrator

Silver Cats 1+2 v. Tortuguillo/Super Panda AULL 1/29/10

Really fun match everyone should check out. Super Panda is a blast, agile fat dude who is pretty good on the mat and is wearing a fucking giant Panda head. The moment were he rolled around the ring on a fake had me laughing out loud. Tortuguillo is really good too, and I loved the rudos ripping off his shell and him putting it back on like the Lawler strap drop.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 02:50 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

Yeah I loved that match as well Phil. What company was that from? It might even scratch the bottom of my top ten for the year so far.
Mike
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 06:09 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

1. Simbolo vs Angel Dorado Jr. 1/19
2 Diluvio Negro 1 y II, Silver Star vs Antifaz Del Norte, Charles Lucero y Sergio Romo Jr. 1/24
3. Difunto 1/II, Hijo Del Cien Caras y Zumbido vs Estrella Dorada, Monje Negro, Raiden, Voltje 1/10

Are those matches online? If so, please post the links.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:11 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWgcb7drOg

Part 1 of the 1st match. I don't think the other two are online yet.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 04:42 AM

Advanced Member

Simbolo vs Angel Dorado Jr. 1/19

This was a good match but I thought Volador v. Mistico was a considerably better match the same ilk. Having said that the dives in this match were really spectacular and I thought it was structured about as well as a match like this can be when it involves plastic garbage can shots and strange referee centric stretch run.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 11:58 AM

Administrator

Random 12 man tag- 2/12?

BTJr. just put this up. It is from some place named Arena San Juan, which is an awesome looking lucha arena with multiple levels of creaky looking bleachers, it looks like the kind of place an underground martial arts tourney would be held in a 70's Kung Fu movie. Don't recognize any of these guys, the technico team has an exotico, a random Brazo (Cibernetico? Platino?), and a bunch of guys in tasseled masks who do armdrags. Rudo team is full of barrel chested dudes with stiff chops who yell things at the crowd. Fun match, the exotico spots were done well, as were the Brazo spots, the brawling was pretty stiff and the shtick was classic and executed well. Nothing stood out particularly, but I imagine this type of match is happening in dozens of tiny arenas all throughout Mexico every day, and it is fun to see.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:55 PM

Administrator

Looks like it this match

Caricia, Mohicano, Nino de Ebano, Super Brazo, Super Tarin v. Colombino, M-1, Miserable, Ricky Ricon, Tony Cirio

Still don't know who was who. Cubsfan also said that they might be moving arenas, which is a shame because that arena was spectacular
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 14 2010, 04:03 PM

Administrator

So apparently Black Terry Jr. is recording every show in Mexico

Sangre Chicana/Black Terry/Negro Navarro v. Olimpico/Solar/Rocky Santana AULL 2/13

This was really great, Chicana/Terry/Navarro is the most badass rudo trios team you can imagine. The Solar v. Navarro stuff is completely awesome, their standing exchanges were as fast as I have ever seen them, and they seem to have dropped the submission/release stuff and are back to doing crazy reversals. Chicana was great here too, cheap shotting people with spectacular left hooks and being a total dick. IWRG really needs to bring him in as a regular
Dylan
Posted: Feb 14 2010, 06:12 PM

Advanced Member

Phil is a hundred percent correct on the Sangre Chicana/Black Terry/Negro Navarro v. Olimpico/Solar/Rocky Santana AULL 2/13 match. Chicana's cheapshotting prickishness adds an extra element to this team. His taunts, eye-gouging, punching, et. motif is so simple and yet it's almost unimaginable that anyone else could pull it off as well. I love him offering to shake Olimpico's hand after having already executed multiple cheap shots during the match. The Navarro and Solar exchanges here are their best exchanges so far this year as the grappling looks extra aggressive and the build to the bigger submissions and spots is very well done. Terry is probably the least of the rudos in this but he's hardly bad and Santana is not the best pairing for - well - anyone. Still his opening run in the second caida is pretty fucking awesome and his punching exchange with Solar on the floor is pretty great. This is not the best trios match I've seen this year but Navarro/Terry/Chicana is pretty easily the best rudo pairing.
Mike
Posted: Feb 14 2010, 09:23 PM

Advanced Member

Sangre Chicana/Black Terry/Negro Navarro vs Solar I/Rocky Santana/Olimpico, AULL 2/13/10

If the legendary Sangre Chicana makes tape a few more times this year, he'll definitely make my top 20. Chicana walking up to Solar and punching him in the fucking face is your mark out moment of the year. Solar vs Navarro was just a great sprint and I don't recall seeing any "I lock you in a submission hold and then release you" stuff. Really good match.
Mike
Posted: Feb 15 2010, 09:42 AM

Advanced Member

Black Terry/Shu el Guerrero vs. Negro Navarro/El Signo, ??? 2/14/10

Amazing venue. Shu and Navarro always work well together. Shu's a powerhouse, but can also go on the mat, while Navarro needs to rely on technique. I didn't expect much from Signo, he's an old, out of shape guy who had a couple of mediocre performances last here, however, he was really fun in this match. He could go on the mat and was just an animal when it was time to brawl. Those headbutts on Black Terry were insane. We also got a few seconds of Terry vs Navarro, which is always cool.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 15 2010, 02:59 PM

Administrator

Black Terry/Shu el Guerrero vs. Negro Navarro/El Signo, 2/14/10

I loved the arena, outdoors with graffiti covered walls it looked like something out of the Warriors. Navarro v. Shu is a classic matchup we haven't seen as much of, and it was pretty great. Terry and Signo had some really nasty brawling too, and that cut on the side of Terry's head was sick looking. Terry v. Navarro was great but kind of a tease.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 15 2010, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member

Black Terry/Shu el Guerrero vs. Negro Navarro/El Signo - ?? 2/14/10

This was a lot of fun. Signo is actually really awesome in this just talking shit left and right, non-stop, from bell-to-bell. He's constantly antagonizing Terry and screaming at the ref from the apron and it's pretty fucking great. Terry is fucking awesome in this taking a brutal asskicking from Signo and Navarro and still looking really good when it was time to reel off his spots. Navarro feigning the low blow spot was pretty great and he looked good as usual they I didn't like his matwork segment with Shu as much as others did.
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1152 seconds | Archive