Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

CMLL Puebla
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 08:55 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Everyones second favorite lucha promotion. More of this has been showing up lately. Lets talk about matches we should look out for. Undercarders who have been standing out ect.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 10:34 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

My favorite Puebla guy is Policeman. I liked the tag match he had with Rafaga vs SWAT and Asturino. I've enjoyed him since he was a undercarder in AAA years ago. I need to watch more Puebla though.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 01:40 AM

Advanced Member

1/18

Fuego/Metro/Stuka Jr. vs Virus/Dr. X/Polvora
- Two Caida match but it featured some nice Virus/Stuka mat work. The other 4 guys were fine and it's nice to see Dr. X although he wasn't in much. Fuego did a nice dive where he moonsalts from inside the ring to the outside without really touching the ropes but he kinda screwed it up. Stuka had a nice moonsalt also.

Porky/Strong Man/Sombra vs Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero/Negro Casas
- I'm not the biggest fan of Porky but god he was great here. Giving the finger to Ultimo Guerrero, comedy spots with Negro, Tag team with Strongman. Everyone played their parts well. Negro bumped like a freak for Strong Man and Porky along with Atlantis. Ultimo looked good with Sombra and he even bodyslammed Porky. Way better than I expected.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 04:50 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

Fuego/Metro/Stuka Jr. vs Virus/Dr. X/Polvora

God damn I was dead wrong on Virus as he's been good-to-great in every match of is I've seen this year really standing out. Really enjoyed his matwork with Stuka here, but I have to admit my favorite moment in this was Dr. X giving Fuego a "WTF?" after their first exchange. This really wasn't much of a match but I did like the blatant running dropkick to Stuka's nuts as a rudo spot.

Porky/Strong Man/Sombra vs Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero/Negro Casas

This really just illustrates how great Casas is. Actually Sombra was really good in this too as he had a great mat exchange with Casas early, an awesome plancha on Atlantis and a really fun sprint run at the finish before Guerrero punted his nuts for the finish. Still this match was about Casas and how great he has at anything. Even at his age he moves around the ring better than virtually anyone and has the really unique to change tempos at the drop of a dime. Strong Man doesn't bring shit and Porky has got schtick and nothing else but Casas makes them both look solid enough when he's in the ring. Not a great match at all and arguably not even good but a good showcase for Casas as a guy who can get something out of anything.
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:53 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

Centella de Oro y Lestat vs. Fuerza Chicana y Policeman, 1/25/10

Holy shit is all I can about this. Centella de Oro and Fuerza Chicana did the best opening matwork I've seen all year and Lestat and Policeman weren't far behind. The locals are only getting a single fall these days but if it wasn't for Lestat and Policeman's poor dive and catch this would've been the perfect lightning match. As it was, it was pretty much three falls in one with all the shifts you'd expect from a trios match. Centella de Oro was amazing in his second go around with Chicana and absolutely destroyed everyone in Mexico with his performance here.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 06:35 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (ohtani's jacket @ Feb 13 2010, 08:53 AM)
Centella de Oro y Lestat vs. Fuerza Chicana y Policeman, 1/25/10

Holy shit is all I can about this. Centella de Oro and Fuerza Chicana did the best opening matwork I've seen all year and Lestat and Policeman weren't far behind. The locals are only getting a single fall these days but if it wasn't for Lestat and Policeman's poor dive and catch this would've been the perfect lightning match. As it was, it was pretty much three falls in one with all the shifts you'd expect from a trios match. Centella de Oro was amazing in his second go around with Chicana and absolutely destroyed everyone in Mexico with his performance here.

I am really not seeing it OJ. I like all four of these guys, and enjoyed this match, but this felt like the undercard tag it was. Oro and Chicana's matwork looked fine, but we have seen multiple Solar v. Navarro exchanges this year, not to mention the stuff Zatura has done with Black Terry and Dr. Cerebro or Blue Panther v. Averno. It was pretty basic go behind, armdrag, ankle pick stuff. Really well executed basic stuff, but basic stuff nonetheless. I feel bad because I feel like I am shitting on a match I dug, but this wouldn't crack a top 15 of lucha matches I have seen this year
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:43 PM

Advanced Member

Personally, I like Puebla matwork better than IWRG matwork because of the go-behinds and takedowns, which I prefer to watching guys release submission holds over and over again, but with the new one fall restrictions there aren't going to be as many good local matches as there were last year so it's a bit of a moot point. I watched it again and it wasn't quite as smooth as I remembered but Oro is still the man as far as I'm concerned.
Mike
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

which I prefer to watching guys release submission holds over and over again

There actually hasn't been too much of that this year.
SLL
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 07:03 PM

Member No.: 15

I am all about the CMLL Puebla undercards right now. You take the undercard of any given CMLL Puebla show and replace the main and semi-main with the main and semi-main of any given IWRG show, you pretty much have the best promotion money can buy in 2010.

1/18/2010 (aired 1/24):

Asturiano & S.W.A.T. vs. Policeman & Mr. Rafaga (Una Caida)

I am digging these una caida opening matches. The Puebla crew seems to be really good at taking a typical good full-length lucha match and condensing it into under 10 minutes of all killer and no filler. I also kinda dig that there is actually a technico doing a law enforcement gimmick. That has always been strictly rudo territory, hasn't it? I mean, I thought Fierro was pretty sympathetic in his match with Freelance, but he's still a rudo. Seeing SWAT is almost like a small-scale version of Nikita Koloff's babyface turn. And you can imagine the natural animosity between SWAT and Policeman. I mean, you send in the SWAT team when the local policemen are out of their depth. His very presence suggests Policeman can't get the job done. He has to feel a little insulted.

Weirdly enough, they actually don't match up a whole lot here. Bulk of the match is SWAT vs. Rafaga and Asturiano vs. Policeman. I have no complaints about the SWAT/Rafaga sections. Rafaga looks like he's 100 years old and has some facial resemblance to Don Rickles. They do some fun stuff on the mat and trade a lot of armdrags, and it always ends with Rafaga getting shown up and having this expression like Don Rickles right after hearing something stupid and right before going off on a tirade as a result. Policeman and Asturiano are a lot faster and slicker. Asturiano is sloppy at points. He blows what should have been an awesome spot when Policeman tries to do a Whisper in the Wind type of thing where he leaps off of Rafaga's back, but Asturiano comes out out of the corner and leaps off of him first into a flying headscissors, but he botches the headscissors so it falls apart. Otherwise, Policeman did a good job keeping him in line. Also got a great spot where he tried to do an axehandle off of the apron onto Asturiano, but Asturiano dodged and Policeman took a facer into a chair. Good finishing stretch built on double team stuff. Highlight should have been the aforementioned counter that got botched, but it's backup was pretty choice - SWAT catching Rafaga with a sunset flip, Policeman trying to break it up with a dropkick, but SWAT rolling back and pulling Rafaga up so he gets dropkicked instead. Policeman did manage to score the fall over SWAT with a kimura, so that oughtta show the Chief that he can handle his business.

Ultimo Dragoncito, Electrico, & Fantasy vs. Pequeno Damian 666, Pequeno Violencia, & Pequeno Universo 2000

I don't usually praise matches on the basis of wrestlers giving shit performances, but in this case it really just helped to illustrate how good some of the other guys in this match were. Pequeno Damian 666 is my favorite mini right now. He is just such a surly pint-sized bastard, and that attitude carries over nicely to his partners. They all beat the shit out of the technicos whenever they get the chance, but Damian is definitely leading the pack. Fantasy and Electrico both gave strong performances here. They are both guys with spectacular offense. Fantasy had this crazy rolling leg pick thing, and Electrico had some nice dives, including a great Asai tornillo. They also both ate stuff really well, and I dug Electrico's spunk while selling. Violencia and Universo are holding him for Damian to attack, and Electrico is still trying to kick at Damian as he closes in. But Ultimo Dragoncito looked pretty bad here. He has his moments, like at the end of the second fall, Damian is on the outside, and Violencia and Universo try to whip him off the ropes. They even hook their arms for a double clothesline, but instead of coming back off the ropes, Dragoncito just dives through them and hits a boss tope on Damian. But for the most part, he looked really sloppy, and actually his bigger moments of sloppiness are the most memorable parts of the match for me, because the rudos don't try and pretend that he didn't fuck up. When he fucks up eating some sort of triple team maneuver, Damian punches him in the face. When he flubs a spinning armdrag on Universo, Universo doesn't go over like it worked. He stays upright and kicks him in the head. They don't allow one guy's mistakes to drag down the rest of the match, and that's always good to see.
SLL
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 07:46 PM

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Phil Schneider @ Feb 13 2010, 06:35 PM)
I am really not seeing it OJ. I like all four of these guys, and enjoyed this match, but this felt like the undercard tag it was. Oro and Chicana's matwork looked fine, but we have seen multiple Solar v. Navarro exchanges this year, not to mention the stuff Zatura has done with Black Terry and Dr. Cerebro or Blue Panther v. Averno. It was pretty basic go behind, armdrag, ankle pick stuff. Really well executed basic stuff, but basic stuff nonetheless. I feel bad because I feel like I am shitting on a match I dug, but this wouldn't crack a top 15 of lucha matches I have seen this year

I think I liked this more than you, but honestly thought Chicana and Lestat both looked bad here. Lestat moreso than Chicana, as Chicana at least got a laugh out of me when Lestat did one of his big flippy entrances as Chicana just clotheslined him out of his boots. But otherwise he looked like he was taking up space that should've been filled by Mr. Rafaga or Ares or Crazy Black. Certainly didn't destroy everyone in Mexico with his performance. Match was still great because Centella de Oro is, in fact, the man, and Policeman is quite masculine as well. Really, much as I dig Oro's matwork, this is really a match made by Policeman being an awesome rudo and throwing all sorts of neat touches into the match, like when he almost crotched Oro with the ringrope at the beginning, but Oro caught his gaze at the last moment and Policeman tried to play it off like he wasn't doing anything. Or the way he pulled up Oro's shirt before slapping him in the chest. I don't see what was wrong with the catch of Lestat's dive at the end. He looked like he got it alright. Frankly, it's more than Lestat deserved. After the 80th meaningless springboard, I probably would've just Mike Grahamed him. That might have been the most retarded looking dive I've seen in my life. I'm kinda shocked something like that could find it's way into a match this good, but there you go.
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 10:13 PM

Advanced Member

Centella de Oro destroyed everyone in Mexico with his performance not Chicana. Oro is the best technico in lucha right now and doesn't get enough hype. Lestat fucked up his first springboard attempt and had to redo the dive. Policeman was out of position and the result was a bad looking catch.

Chicana and Lestat are okay. There are far more offensive workers in Mexico, like three quarters of the CMLL roster. The thing about the locals has always been the imbalance between the rudo and technico sides, with most of the best workers working on the rudo side, but it doesn't really matter since CMLL have managed to screw us by not giving them three falls. Trust CMLL to fuck up a good thing.

For the record, Ares was not particularly good last year and neither Crazy Black or Rafaga are as good as Espíritu Maligno, Siki Osama or the Toro Bills, who unfortunately seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Skimming through the match again, Policeman ruled. Most people round here missed the boat on not watching his hair match with Oro last year.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 02:56 PM

Administrator

HES BACK

First match on the next Puebla show

1) King Jaguar & SWAT vs Ares & Toro Bill Sr.

No idea where he has been for the last year, or for the 25 years before that.
Mike
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 07:58 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Skimming through the match again, Policeman ruled. Most people round here missed the boat on not watching his hair match with Oro last year.

Yeah, from what I've seen, Policeman's really good. I should have checked out some of his work BEFORE submitting my WKO ballot.

Did you review that hair match, OJ?
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 08:36 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phil Schneider @ Feb 18 2010, 07:56 PM)
HES BACK

First match on the next Puebla show

1) King Jaguar & SWAT vs Ares & Toro Bill Sr.

No idea where he has been for the last year, or for the 25 years before that.

Toro Bill's last Puebla match was in November. In fact he main evented some indy show there. He had a couple matches before that in June and March.
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Feb 19 2010, 04:39 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mike @ Feb 18 2010, 07:58 PM)

Yeah, from what I've seen, Policeman's really good. I should have checked out some of his work BEFORE submitting my WKO ballot.

Did you review that hair match, OJ?

Yeah, the match was uploaded on youtube. Most of it anyway.
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2236 seconds | Archive