InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Good CMLL
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 07:27 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It seems like CMLL is picking it up quality wise lately, so let's find and talk about the hidden gems. Lets keep this Arena Mexico and Colieso and talk about Puebla other places.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 07:47 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

I liked the Mistico/Volador match from last week. Mostly cause Rudo Mistico was a sight to see and the crowd was red hot. There was also a pretty good Panther/Valiente/Metro vs Averno/Mephisto/Virus match from last weeks C3 show featuring lots of Panther/Virus mat work. I haven't watched the Sombra/Felino main from that show yet but I'm sure it's at least good.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 08:50 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

Links please.

Agree with you on Volador/Mistico Tim, though I was more impressed by Volador.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 08:52 PM

Administrator

Blue Panther/Metro/Valiente v. Averno/Memphisto/Virus 2/2/10

Pt1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_nvmAscevg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJAUTMAW

Great match, Valiente and Virus and Panther and Averno have longish awesome mat sections, and everything moves from there. Metro looks great here too, he feels like a guy you want to see his entire 2010 run
Dylan
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 08:57 PM

Advanced Member

Mascara Dorada/Stuka Jr/El Metro vs. Sangre Azteca/Dragon Rojo/Misterioso, CMLL 1/9/10

Wouldn't be my top match, but this was pretty damn good. I thought this was paced really fucking well. The dive at the beginning of the second fall was great and I thought the crash and burn segment setting up the finish stretch was done really well.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 10:07 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phil Schneider @ Feb 11 2010, 01:52 AM)
Blue Panther/Metro/Valiente v. Averno/Memphisto/Virus 2/2/10

Pt1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_nvmAscevg

Great match, Valiente and Virus and Panther and Averno have longish awesome mat sections, and everything moves from there. Metro looks great here too, he feels like a guy you want to see his entire 2010 run

This was an excellent match. Blue Panther is pretty much the Lucha mat king and he dominates here with a tremendous exchange with Averno who was no slouch himself. Some of their power and balance exchanges they have are unreal. I really thought the timing of the falls and lay out of this were great as everyone got a chance to shine in some capacity and nothing felt rushed. Late in the mach we get cool shit like Valiente hitting an insane double jump moonsault into the first row and a really organic feeling run of guys nearly finishing each other with submissions. The cutoff spots are great throughout including an awesome spot where Virus comes in a punts Panther as he's rolling Mephisto. The rudo control segment is also well done. Lots of memorable spots, great matwork, and a strong ebb and flow. Really a great match and I didn't even get into how awesome Metro was.
Mike
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 12:51 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

I'd say these two CMLL matches are better than anything to come out of IWRG this year.

Mascara Dorada/Stuka Jr/El Metro vs. Sangre Azteca/Dragon Rojo/Misterioso, CMLL 1/9/10

This was such a well put together title match - I doubt it'll fall out of my top 20 this year. They did an excellent job at making a lot of things feel meaningful. For example, during the opening mat exchange, both Stuka and Misterioso struggled to escape a hold. Also, thanks to the dive cut offs earlier, the actual dives felt important. The finishes were more intricate than usual and I like how the technico comeback was gradual, that's not something you usually see. Most of the big modern day CMLL trios/tags fall apart during the final fall, but this was done surprisingly well and never felt like slow motion, predictable New Japan junior wrestling.

As far as performances go, Stuka was almost on Valiente's level and Dorada has to be one of the most spectacular workers on the planet. Metro's improved and the rudos were all good, especially the underrated Sangre Azteca. Those were some huge monkey flip bumps.

Blue Panther/Metro/Valiente vs. Averno/Mephisto/Virus, CMLL 2/2/10

Averno vs Panther was on the verge of getting stale, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed their exchange. If Valiente vs Virus was given more time in the first fall, it would have easily been the best part of the match. Valiente can do no wrong and he looked like the best wrestler in the world here. Like Dylan said, Virus cutting off Panther's roll with a stomp to the head was great. I'm not sure why he thought Metro was any good, though. Guy looked backyard-ish for the most part. Final fall was a lot weaker than the 1/9 trios, but obviously the matwork was a lot stronger.
Dylan
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 12:57 AM

Advanced Member

2/2 trios is neck and neck with Cerbero v. Diablo for my current MOTY
Ruggles
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 01:01 AM

Member No.: 13

Mistico vs. Volador was probably the best Mistico singles match I have seen in some time, as Mistico's Rudo business was fresh and actually worked well in the current CMLL style of "do a move, play to the crowd, do a move, play to the crowd," but Mistico's hurracanranas still look like crap. They look especially awful compared to Volador's.
Graham Crackers
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 01:28 AM

Member No.: 11

Anyone else having trouble with the video of the 2/2 trios. The third fall won't load and keeps giving me an error screen.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 01:29 AM

Administrator

Here is the megaupload of the show

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJAUTMAW
Graham Crackers
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 01:01 AM

Member No.: 11

Thanks. The match is as good as it's hype. I think this is the best Panther has looked since 2008. It was nice to have the first fall feel like a first fall. The match seemed so much longer than your other modern CMLL matches but that may have just been because everyone got a decent share of time to showcase themselves.

This was a lot of fun. I think this may be one of the best approaches to working a match in the modern CMLL style. Your tecnicos have spectacular offense, good selling, and good timing. Your rudos here have some good double/triple teams and know when to cut guys off. The mat exchanges in the first fall were solid and sold well rather than coming across as filler before they start going through their spots. Your comebacks were great and the third fall had some nice nearfalls which I don't usually like in my lucha but were well done here.
Tim Evans
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:11 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Mistico vs Volador Jr. 2/12

This was longer and might be even better than the 1st one. Mistico has fully embraced his heel character. Volador did a great job doing dives and I kinda liked the finish although the ref almost blew it. Mistico took the belt back that he lost and got pelted with beer cans.

Porky/Strongman/Sombra vs Peste Negra 2/12

Not as good as the Puebla match but a real fun match. Negro Casas just knows how to make Strongman and Porky's offense look incredible. Only two falls but that was fine. Sombra looked good but he's kinda being wasted here.
Rob
Posted: Feb 19 2010, 06:45 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

I'm not sure why he thought Metro was any good, though. Guy looked backyard-ish for the most part.

FWIW, Metro is barely 3 years into the business. He seems to be pretty good for someone with that experience level. I'd like to see him kept in slower pace matches with more matwork/submissions rather than having him team with the flyers who he tries to keep up with. I forget where I read this but I remember reading he has a background as a pretty good amateur wrestler so it'd be neat to see him incorporate that into his style more. CMLL doesn't need another midcard flyer and with his size he really shouldn't be leaving his feet often. My guess is the gimmick doesn't last the year though.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 08:14 PM

Administrator

Metro/Valiente/Stuka Jr. v. Ephesto/Vangellys/Memphisto 3/6

This wasn't much outside of dives, although the dives were spectacular. Valiente hits his quebrada as good as I have seen it, and Stuka Jr. hits a blind tope and gets monkey flipped off the ramp into the crowd. Enjoyable little spotfest.
« Next Oldest | Other Lucha Libre | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6971 seconds | Archive