Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 04:13 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Nominated
EricR
Posted: Feb 12 2010, 06:11 PM

Member No.: 14

You can't really go wrong with the Black Terry vs. Cerebro Negro hair match from November (?) of 2007.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 05:11 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Damn skippy here is my review of that match, seriously everyone go watch this, since new IWRG might be a little scarce, we might as well dip into the back catalogue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlkgu-KgUM

Black Terry v. Cerebro Negro IWRG 11/22/07-EPIC

Tremendous match which is a better finish away from being the MOTY for 2007, and is the best Black Terry singles match I have seen. This is a violent hair match which is one of the best things in professional wrestling. This truly felt like a war, there were multiple moments where both guys forgot about lucha and just wailed away at each other with blows. Terry unloads one of the better overhand slaps I can remember, but Cerebro Negro is right there firing back with everything he had, especially landing some nasty coconut headbutts. There is a great moment where the camera pans to a little kid in the audience who is simultaneously horrified and engrossed by the carnage. Both of the first two falls ended on great counters Cerebro Negro counters a shoulder block with a beautiful Pain Game DDT, and Terry just demolishes Cerebro with a backcracker counter to a back tope. It's IWRG I am pretty desensitized to backcrackers but I nearly jumped out of my seat. I also loved Terry tearing apart Negro's pants to get at his knee, it had an almost cinematic quality of desperation, it felt like the end of a Peckinpaugh film. Finish was kind of bullshit, with Fantasma De La Opera running in and chair shotting both guys, total buzzkill to something that was building to one of the great lucha libre apuesta matches of all time.
WKO_Mike
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 10:08 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Black Terry v. Cerebro Negro IWRG 11/22/07

If you don't think this is a great match then you don't understand pro wrestling. Quite a few IWRG matches will have one or two great falls and one average fall, but this was excellent right up until the finish. The big spots were perfectly timed and looked nasty, especially the spot where Black Terry knocked Cerebro Negro off the apron with a kick. That said, the stuff in between the big moments was equally as impressive (eg Cerebro's knee buckling after Terry kicks him in the leg). Even though the finish was annoying, I could see an argument for this being better than Cena/Umaga.
« Next Oldest | IWRG MOTY | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.0086 seconds | Archive