InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 04:13 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Nominated

Freelance/Fenix/Pendulo v. Black Terry/Negro Navarro/El Hijo Del Pierroth 10/3
Rey Cometa/Pegasso/Freelance vs Los Oficiales 10/17
Phil Schneider
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 06:02 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Nominate

Rey Cometa/Pegasso/Freelance vs Los Oficiales 10/17

In an area where most lucha trios match feel clipped even when they arenít, IWRG is still a place where they let things draw out a bit. This didnít have the matwork you will occasionally see in IWRG, as this was worked more like a classic 90ís AAA match then a classic 90ís CMLL match. Oficiales have awesome masks, and are like a trio of 1994 Psicosi, crazy bumps to the floor, a sick tope, and incredible eating of all of the flyers spots. They basically keep the AAA guys out of this match, outside of their big dives, and give us plenty of Freelance. If you arenít on the Freelance bandwagon, jump on, as he is the single most spectacular wrestler in the world. It isnít even his dives (although he bust out an insane springboard tope con hilo into the seats), but his rope running, headscissors and armdrags are as fast and slick as Rey Mysterio at his greatest. I think this would even appeal to the lamers who donít ďgetĒ lucha, as this doesnít take much getting.
Craig
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 06:48 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Nominate: Freelance/Fenix/Pendulo v. Black Terry/Negro Navarro/El Hijo Del Pierroth 10/3

In this match, Freelance and Black Terry match up often, first fall on the mat, second fall while Freelance is busting out all his armdrags, and a third fall exchange leading a spectacular quebrada by Freelance. Around those glimpses of what their single might look like, you have loads of other neat stuff. There's a Navarro masterclass in the first fall, where Fenix is just there as someone for Navarro to wrestle around and stretch. I think this match was my first Navarro match, and his movement between holds was just something else. To pick one, there is this incredibly slick counter to a surfboard submission. There's the third fall, which is based around a one-upping series of convoluted submission holds being broken up by a member of the other team, leading to the dives and finish. I liked how each fall felt like a self contained encounter, and each was about different things.
« Next Oldest | IWRG MOTY | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0842 seconds | Archive