zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Iwrg Lucha Libre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Half Year Awards
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 05:31 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Kind of curious who folks would have for the winners of half year categories

IWRG Wrestler of the Year

Trios of the Year

Match of the Year

Rookie of the Year
ohtani's jacket
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 07:17 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

IWRG Wrestler of the Year: Black Terry

Trios of the Year: Cerebros have only just reformed but Terry and Cerebro have been the best unit all year whether it was with Signo, Che or Negro.

Match of the Year: The one that sticks out to me was the trios on the show with the football player (3/14?)
WKO_Mike
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 03:42 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Trios of the Year: Since Cerebros only recently reformed and you need three workers to form a trios, I'll have to go with Gringos Locos VIP. Very good brawling team that's become more well rounded thanks to the inclusion of Avisman.

Match of the Year: Black Terry/Cerebro Negro vs. Trauma I/Trauma II, IWRG 4/29/10 - This was excellent. From a story point of view, I thought this was deeper than anything I've seen this year. On top of that, this was incredibly stiff and violent.
Ruggles
Posted: Jul 6 2010, 01:44 PM

Member No.: 13

Black Terry would seem to be a lock for Wrestler of the Year. Who would everybody pick as #2? Cerebro Negro would be my first choice, but I could probably be convinced otherwise.

Unit probably has to be Gringos Locos VIP.

Match of the Year, for me, is still the Black Terry & Dr. Cerebro vs. Hijo del Diablo & Gringo Loco cage match. It's really awesome, though, that there are so many great matches that one can make a case for.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 6 2010, 06:24 PM

Administrator

Curious why Cerebro Negro? He wouldn't even make my top 20 for IWRG guys this year, he wasn't around for big chunks of the year, and he has always been the least guy in the Terrible Cerebros team.
Dylan
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 01:31 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

I've flip flopped on this multiple times, but I think my MOTY is the Terry/Cerebro v. Gringo/Diablo street fight. Everything from the ambush on the walkway on is great and intense hate filled brawling that stands out as totally different from anything you would see anywhere else.

Agree that Gringos Locos VIP is the best unit.

Is Alan Extreme a rookie? Because he stands out to me as the best of the young guns, though I really like Heros as well.

Terry is obviously the best wrestler at this point. I think the number two slot is really up in the air though. Dr. Cerebro has had some really great singles stuff v. Infernal, Diablo and Masada, but he also had one total stink bomb that is among the worst matches I've seen in IWRG all year. He also had a lengthy "down" period where he seemed like the lesser guy in a lot of stuff throughout April and May. Navarro shot out of the gate like a bat out of hell and then sort of vanished. Chico Che and to a lesser degree Freelance have been tremendous and the highlights of the matches they have appeared in but neither has made tape more than a handful of times. Diablo is really fucking underrated and would be an interesting candidate. Both the Trauma's have been really fucking tremendous this year in every respect. Right now if forced to do an IWRG top ten I would go:

1. Black Terry
2. Trauma II
3. Chico Che
4. Negro Navarro
5. Trauma I
6. Dr. Cerebro
7. El Hijo Diablo
8. Freelance
9. Suicida
10. Gringo Loco

Ruggles
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 12:39 PM

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Phil Schneider @ Jul 6 2010, 05:24 PM)
Curious why Cerebro Negro? He wouldn't even make my top 20 for IWRG guys this year, he wasn't around for big chunks of the year, and he has always been the least guy in the Terrible Cerebros team.

I meant to type Dr. Cerebro.
Phil Schneider
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 09:30 PM

Administrator

That makes way more sense, I think he might be my number 2 as well, although he is hurt by the stinky El Hijo Del Pantera match
Noah Mark
Posted: Aug 24 2010, 04:25 PM

Member No.: 39

Here are mine:

Trio of the year: Cerebros
Match of the Year: Avisman/ Gringo Loco/ El Hijo Del Diablo vs Black Terry/Dr Cerebro/Chico Che 3/14/10
« Next Oldest | IWRG | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1733 seconds | Archive