Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Archaeology - On a 'miner' scale., Pun intended, of course.
Arawn Shahar
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 03:11 PM

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32

The blinding light was not something the Sheikah had anticipated. He staggered back, dropping his spear to try and rub the light from his eyes. The world was blurry and painful, so he kept his eyes closed so the darkness would heal them. From behind his temporary blindness, the man spoke. The seemed to be at war with himself, struggling to fight back against the 'darkness' that was haunting him. Finally, Arawn opened his eyes, the blindness now fading and the world coming into focus. Rudi appeared by his side, holding the man's spear.

"Arawn are you alright?" He seemed concerned as he handed back the spear. The Sheikah nodded, taking his weapon and using as it as walking stick.

"Tie him up, we can question him later. Get your men to take turns guarding him until the morning." He said, wearily. Rudi gave the command, several worked appeared with ropes, now tying them around the strange looking man. Once he was fully bound, the Sheikah waved his hand casually before the man. Black bars erupted out of the ground and into the night sky, as if joining the darkness above. "That should keep him until the morning, the light will break the enchantment. Wake me when he stirs."

With that, he left towards his borrowed tent.

--------------------
-GONE -
Schkeinn Ekrosyys
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 01:11 PM

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 35

(Sorry for the delay, I've been busy)

A few hours later, the next thing Schkeinn knew when he woke up, he was bound by some ropes and a cage made from Dark Magic. There were also people guarding him, making sure he couldn't get out. He had the strength and powers to be able to escape his current confinement....but he chose not to. His internal insanity had kicked in that night and caused him to attack someone out of mistaken identity. He tried to adjust himself to a more comfortable position silently, but something in him felt like a sledgehammer had just hit him in the back.

"Nnngh...what happened? The guards heard him and turned around, pointing their weapons at him. "Hey! Someone go get Arawn and Rudi and tell him that this thing is awake!" The words stung Schkeinn this time, and he couldn't help from getting up and staring the guard down point blank, as his legs were unbound. The guard was terrified this time around. "I'm sorry, I scare you? Last I checked, I'm still Human, although my body was cursed to look like this 'thing' you described as a monster."

Another guard came up and punched Schkeinn in the face, knocking him backward into the center of the cage, and shattering part of his flimsy mask. "Ungh...you *****!" "Keep it down in there! They'll be along shortly, so just sit tight." Schkeinn said nothing more as the guards turned around and ignored him once again. He wanted to hurt them for hurting him...but their time would come, be it by his hand or from something else.

--------------------
Am I.....ever going to regain.....what was mine?

In the end, we're all doomed to becoming something we were never meant to be.
Arawn Shahar
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 01:37 PM

A tendril of dark power wrapped around the guard who assaulted Schkeinn in his cage. The guard yelled for help, but was launched up into the air, and over the ridge of the canyon. He'd be fine, the sand above would soften the blow. Such a punishment seemed soft, but he had to pity lower forms of Hyrulean species.

Arawn approached the caged man, the black tendril now shattering into black dust that merged into the very air before disappearing all together. He clicked his fingers and the black bars of the man's prison also faded, following the same pattern as the tendril. The Sheikah stared at the man, pondering over what he was, and more importantly, who he was.

"Schkeinn was it?" Arawn approached the man until he was only a meter away. He bent down on one knee so that he was level to the man. His cast his gaze across the broken mask, a barrier holding back something far sinister than just a face. "I apologise for that man. I'm not one for assaulting a man who's in no shape or position to fight. Still, that doesn't mean I'm not in favour of killing you outright. You did assault me last night without cause." Arawn reached into his shoe, took out a blade. Arawn pushed the knife forward, the man would react to the blade. However, inside of gutting him, the blade glided across the ropes that bonded the man's hands together. Then fell to the floor, releasing Schkeinn from any confines. Arawn sheathed the dagger before standing up and crossing his hands.

"What you are is none of my concern. I've seen enough in my life to not question the things before you eyes, there's always a catch in reality. I want to know why you're roaming the deserts in the middle of the night. You say you want the Arbiter's Grounds? For what purpose?"

--------------------
-GONE -
Schkeinn Ekrosyys
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 10:10 PM

Schkeinn watched in amazement as the man who had assaulted him was almost automatically rocketed across the desert by Arawn. As the tendril, as well as the bars dissipated, he was cut free, and chose not to retaliate against the man. He definitely had some questions to answer. "You're Arawn, correct? I'm sorry about last night, but whenever I see large amounts of blood, no matter what kind it is....I just lose it completely. Though I suppose I need to explain everything to you in order for you to understand my plight."

He removed his mask to reveal a grotesque sight. His eyes had resumed their glow, but it was soft and passive, indicating that he wouldn't try anything. However, that wasn't the worst part. Well over 75% of his face had rotted, either falling off completely or blackened from age. Without his retaining of his humanity, he would be nothing more than a simple ReDead Knight. As Schkeinn put his mask back on, he began to explain everything.

"Twenty five years ago, I was a Holy Paladin in the service of the King's Army. One day, I led my legions off to a battle against warring Lizalfos tribes in the Southern Reaches, but we were intercepted by something along the way. A practitioner of Dark Magic, a Wizzrobe named Umbra Chiroptera, killed all of my men with a single spell, and I was the only survivor. He decided to torture me by planting a deadly curse within my body. I was able to harvest the power of both Light and Dark magic.....but my body paid the ultimate price. It rotted over time, forcing me to take on the look I wear now. Ever since then, for 25 years I have been roaming the land like this, being mistaken by some for a monster, and by others for a freak. 25 years I've long waited to get my revenge...but I've never found him. I heard a rumor recently that the Arbiter's Grounds was cursed a long time ago, and the curse still remains. I seek the place believing that my mortal enemy is there....and that there is possibly a way to reverse my curse."

He sat back down on the sand out of exhaustion. His jaw had become very flimsy as of late, and it took a lot of effort just to speak clearly with complete sentences. "So, if you could just point me on my way, I swear that I won't bother you ever again. And while you're at it....." He held up his wrist that had a chain attached to his giant battle axe. "I don't remember how I was acting last night, but I can get a good idea. However, I do remember the battle clearly, and you're skilled with a spear. Think you could use it to cut the chain binding the axe to my body?"

--------------------

Arawn Shahar
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 08:23 AM

Firstly, Arawn looked towards the chains that bonded the man to the axe he wielded. He did not know why the chains where there, or the story behind it but if he could help then he would. He took his spear, judging the power needed to break the chains. He assessed the chains, but come to the conclusion his spear wasn't the right tool for such an operation.

"Rudi, your sword?" Asked the Sheikah. Rudi appeared with a sword in hand. It was a simple blade, but the metal was strong, an ore the Archaeologist had once found in a dig site. Brandishing the weapon, he looked towards Schkeinn. "Hold them out." The man did so, extending the chains between his two hands. Before Schkeinn could step back from the danger of the sword, Arawn sliced down, narrowly missing the man's chest and severing the chains in half with a clang. The odd spark crackled in the air as the two ends fell down towards the floor.

Handing Rudi back his sword, and taking up his spear as a leaning post, Arawn took out a map he carried within his cloak. The map was worn and wilting at the edges like it had seen many travels. The map had belonged the Arawn's Uncle, it detailed the desert, covering every alcove, oasis and path.

"You want to take.... that direction." He said, his finger pointing in a north east direction. "If you're willing to wait a few hours, I'll be heading in that direction. I have someone in the city I need to see." Arawn proposed.

The men surrounding the camp who had come to witness the event were still in awe at the grotesqueness of the man. Arawn caught them staring, but said nothing. They had a right to stare. The Sheikah was not as phased, he had already witnessed the brutality of man, and the ways of dark magic. He wondered if his Uncle would know of this 'Umbra' but he didn't want to go find out.

--------------------
-GONE -
Schkeinn Ekrosyys
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 12:11 PM

Schkeinn heaved a heavy sigh of relief as the chains binding his axe to his body were cut off. Now he didn't need to carry the axe around anymore, but he picked it up one last time to look at it. "Finally. Now.....I can get rid of THIS USELESS WEAPON!!" Gathering up all of his strength, he used it to chuck the battle axe over the dig site and land it somewhere in the desert. He had thrown it in a different direction from where Arawn had thrown the guard that attacked him. No need to spill innocent blood....well, not now.

He pulled out a broken sword from his back. The blade had been destroyed from age, and only the hilt and bottom of the sword remained. I get more practical use using this, honestly." After two seconds, the blade revitalized and split into two weapons based off of his two magics. One was a blade that was stark white, and the other was a blade that was pitch black. They looked like standard longswords, and they couldn't do anything more than attack.

Sheathing both the blades into two sheaths on his back, he looked back up at Arawn and Rudi. "If you're going out to Arbiter's Grounds, then I don't mind waiting around. I think I'll go with you to Gerudo City as well....in a place where outcasts go when they have no other refuge, I'm sure I'll fit right in. I'll meet you outside the camp." He nonchalantly started walking in the direction of the city where the camp was. At least he knew where the city was, and now that he knew where Arbiter's Grounds was, he could head over there as well....but it would help to go with company.

--------------------

Arawn Shahar
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 04:25 PM

A few hours had passed, Arawn had gathered his belongings, as minimal as they wear and saddled up his Gerudian breed stallion. Rudi approached from the mine where the slab of rock could be found, some papers grasped in his hand. He'd clearly been making more sketches.

"Hey, Arawn can you do me a favour before you go?" He asked, approaching the now mounted Sheikah. Arawn nodded, silently awaiting Rudi's request. "I need you to take some of these sketches to Antaeus in the city. He'll know more about them then I probably do. I'll visit him when I'm done here, hopefully he'll have some information to give me." He reached out and offered the papers to Arawn, who in turn took them and stowed them away in a side bag.

"I'll see that it is done. Until we meet again. And watch out for the Leevers." He gave a mocking salute before kicking the horse into action. The man cantered for several meters until he came across the decaying man named Schkeinn. He had remained on the outskirts of the camp, keeping to himself. "Do you have a horse? The city is half a days ride from here, and a day if we walk. I'd rather not stay in the desert over night. Evil lurks here."

--------------------
-GONE -
Schkeinn Ekrosyys
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 07:46 PM

Schkeinn had been pondering exactly what had happened to him that day all those 25 years ago. To think if they hadn't encountered Umbra....what would have happened if that was so? He would probably be an Army General....he would still have a family that loved him....he would have been happily married with kids....all these things and more could have happened if not for Umbra completely destroying his life. He would get changed back to his original form when he found him, one way or another.

As he silently seethed with rage, Arawn approached him and asked him whether or not he had a horse to get through the desert. Schkeinn turned toward him and shook his head. "Unfortunately, I don't. I've been aimlessly wandering the desert for about 5 straight trying to find the Arbiter's Grounds. But I don't really need a ride, just go on ahead and I'll catch up. I can move a lot faster now that you cut those chains off of me."

He stood up and stretched his legs, and was raring to go. "Lead the way, Arawn."

--------------------

Arawn Shahar
Posted: Sep 15 2010, 03:38 AM

Arawn nodded. The man seemed to have a renewed sense of vigour. Whether that was the glow of the desert, or the fact he was now free from his bond with the axe he so grievously despised, the Sheikah did not know. He trusted the man's word that he'd keep up. Though he did not understand the curse that was inflicted upon Schkeinn, the man was near enough a dead man, would fatigue hinder him, and the torture of the heat consume him like it would with the living? Again, Arawn did not know. All he knew was this man was... unique.

"Well, if you lose sight of my, just follow my trails. I'll keep a good pace mind," he said, adjusting his hood of his cloak so it covered his face from the midday sun. It was hot under the cloak, but nothing he wouldn't withstand. The desert had been his home for many years now, he was used to the her harshness.

With that said, Arawn began to trot through the sand, the horse flicking sand up in the air in his wake. They were heading north east - the capital of the Gerudo clans.

--------------------
-GONE -
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5689 seconds | Archive
Skins are copyright MidnaScape.