Marching Dogs, (Open)
Orkahn
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 08:13 AM

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 30

The wind blew throughout Lake Hylia, creating waves and swaying grass and trees alike. At the top of a cliffside stood Orkahn, though he wasn't alone. He was being pursued and chased by Sheikah Guards, who were able to keep up with him. Once he hit the cliff's edge, he stopped and turned around, now being surrounded by guards holding spears up towards his body. "There's nowhere left to run, Orkahn! You're under arrest for your crimes against all of Hyrule!" Orkahn looked at the guard that had spoken and began to chuckle to himself.

"Run? Who's running? I don't mind the fact that I can't run anymore, but you think I have no way out? There's ALWAYS a way out." Having said that, he began to lean back and fell backwards over the edge of the cliff face, snapping his fingers and pointing at the guards as he did so. As the men tried to catch him, they were too late, and Orkahn started to plummet down at incredible speeds toward the lake.

"Orkahn, damn you....After him! We can't let him get away!!"

"But sir, that's a huge drop. There's no way he could survive that fall!"

"This is Orkahn we're talking about! He would have found a way to survive! Now, head down there and go find him!"

With a simple "Yes, sir," the troops began to scatter and head down to the lake. Meanwhile, Orkahn was alright, and he had used cloning illusions to be able to survive the fall. However, now the ability would be inactive for awhile, and should he come across them, he wouldn't be able to use it. To compensate, he cast a body illusion on himself to change up his appearance. He now wore a gray tank top, maroon pants, a red jacket, black fingerless gloves, and black combat boots, with two Skullfish-teeth necklaces for added decor. But an undpredicted change in shape had happened....his hair had turned from silver to black. "Hmm....I can get used to this. But I'm not so sure about the hair.....probably a defect. It'll probably fix itself later."

He sat down on the dock he had landed onto safely and waited. Now he was bored, so unless someone came along to ease his boredom, he would have to do it in another kind of way.....and one that wasn't good.

--------------------
user posted image

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.” - Mae West

“I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.” - Ashleigh Brilliant
Tale
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 11:40 AM

Group: Gerudo
Member No.: 38

Tale stood a fair way away from the lake, but the distance suited her. From where she stood in a sea of yellow-green grass, she could see the stretch of the lake, the beautiful, bounty-bringing waters reaching in waves of silver to the shores. The clouds reflected in grey shivering pictures on the water, the movement of the lake throwing and distorting the images.
Tale wasn't really the kind of person who stood around staring at something, but the lake had always captivated her. The huge expansion of grey-blue water rippling constantly in the winds and breezes. It was something Gerudo City never had. Sure, they had water, but it wasn't beautiful and large, like this. It wasn't in constant movement nor did it echo the skies and air around it like the lake did.

Tale stood in grass that tickled her legs, reaching several inches above her ankles. She had taken her jacket off and it was hanging limply from her right hand, just touching the grass. All around her the grass moved in waves, making music with the wind. The lake splashed in the same direction, and trees leaned in with the wind. They all seemed to be reaching for something just beyond Tale's back.
Her eyes skimming the lake, Talethiar finally broke her eyes from it and lifted them. She glanced briefly at the bridge that stretched from one side of the lake to the over, connecting the two lands. It was a massive work of art, creating an easy path for those who couldn't swim. She had walked over it several times; even paused to dangle her legs off the edge. If she ever needed to take a detour, it was always over Lake Hylia.
Her eyes fell from the bridge when she heard voices carry over the lake. To her right, stretching across the lake, was a thin, little used dock. Even farther than that there was a cliff that the hills climbed into until it was far above the lake. It seemed there were several people clambering around the top of it, staring into the water and then running down the sides of the cliff. Though she couldn't make our their voices, Tale recognized the tone of voice. They were looking for someone, who had evidently just escaped.
Her eyes snapped back to the dock, and she grinned wryly. Swinging the jacket over her shoulder, she headed in the direction of the dock, a slight angle from where she had been facing. It took several minutes to get there, but once the grass had thinned out into sand, she called out.
"Hey, you. What're you running for?"
She wasn't stupid. The man on the dock certainly wasn't out of breath and it seemed the pursuers hadn't noticed him yet, but it was obvious that it was the black-haired man they were looking for. He was the only person anywhere nearby, and he wasn't doing anything but sitting. Then again, taking a stupid cover like a fisherman would've made him more suspicious.
Orkahn
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 04:18 PM

In an effort to ease his boredom, Orkahn decided to see what this new form could do. As he was adjusting to the new look, he decided to try out the new illusion weapon this form was accustomed to using. Each form had something different, be it a longsword, an axe, or even a scythe, the variety his forms took on was something to truly be considered as an anomaly by others, but as a gift by him. Extending out his arm, the hilt of a sword formed, and with it came a blade....but it was only 3 feet and 9 inches long. ".....What the hell am I supposed to do with this? Seems like a bit of a useless weapon--eh?"

With an unexpected flick of his wrist, the sword instantly came apart and turned itself into some kind of makeshift bladed whip. This was a Snake Sword....something that Orkahn had never used before. While the blade as a melee weapon was only 3'9", the true length of the blade was about 13 feet. Pretty long for an average snake sword, but it would work. As he shook it again, it stuck back together, and he commented on it's usefulness. "I could get used to this."

Suddenly, someone called out to him, asking him why he was running. Red eyes turned to glare towards the Gerudo woman that had called him. She had to have seen all of that, him running from the guards. She was a witness. She had to be convinced that she wouldn't say anything. "I'm running from nothing. However, you're going to be running from me if you rat me out to the guards!" Without warning, he thrust the snake sword forward, extending the blade forward. Unless this woman had good reflexes, being a Gerudo and all, she was going to get skewered through the neck if she didn't react quickly.

--------------------
user posted image

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.” - Mae West

“I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.” - Ashleigh Brilliant
Tale
Posted: Sep 18 2010, 01:59 PM

Tale's boots made dull thuds on the wet wood of the dock. The man was only feet from her, and she could see two tacky necklaces full of teeth around his neck. Before she could comment any further, however, there was a flash of red as his red-sleeved arm came up and thrust at her.
Furious that she hadn't noticed the weapon in his hand beforehand, Tale instinctively ducked, her blonde hair half a second behind her. It fell against her back heavy; she had braided bits of it earlier. Not wasting and seconds, she rolled to her left and stood up, suddenly thrusting her palm down on the flat of the blade, forcing the tip down to gouge a spot in the wet wood. But she wasn't one to loose her cool for long, and the next thing she said was controlled and impassive.

"So you're not running from anything, but you don't want to be "ratted out" to the guards? Yeah, that's not suspicious at all." Her voice was cool and sarcastic.
"I'm not in the mood for a fight, okay?" She said, taking her hand off the blade and relaxing into a standing position. "And I'm not stupid. I didn't see what happened, but it's obvious that lot is looking for someone, and it's not me."

Tale crossed her arms and looked the man over, taking in his red jacket and necklaces once again. His black hair didn't seem to suit his face. Her own black and gold trimmed jacket was hanging from her hand over her crossed arm, leaving her with only her strapless white shirt that stopped at her ribcage, exposing her toned skin stomach. Despite saying that she wasn't in the mood for a fight, she was feeling particularly annoyed at the bonehead who had tried to attack a nimble-footed dangerous fourteen year old girl.
She finally focused on his eyes, which were a deep red that seemed akin to her own. She grimaced.
"You must be a sheikah, because you ain't no gerudo."
Orkahn
Posted: Sep 19 2010, 05:50 PM

With eyes still in a glare, Orkahn watched with a raised eyebrow as the Gerudo had blocked his blade easily, and with only her hand to boot. When he heard that she didn't want to fight and she wouldn't rat him out, he heaved a sigh of relief. At least he knew that he could be safe. "You're good to block that easily, I'll give you that. If you don't want to fight, then so be it." He pulled the bladed whip back toward him and turned it back into a sword. "Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid as of late. The guards have been chasing me for awhile, and no matter what I try, I can't seem to shake them."

Noticing that the girl was looking at him up and down, he felt kind of uncomfortable with her staring him down like that. Though how she was able to discern what race he was....it was impressive. "Impressive. And you're right. However, that's all you get from me. Now let me ask you: What's a little girl like yourself doing outside the desert? And how are you that good at combat?" He placed his hands on the back of his head and stood in a pose that showed he was a tad bit annoyed with this. His thoughts continued to race for an answer. I'm suspicious, she says? She's walking around on her lonesome as unsuspecting jailbait for some filthy person to attack, and I'M the suspicious one? Girls these days.....

--------------------
user posted image

Tale
Posted: Sep 20 2010, 03:24 PM

Tale tried to relate to what the man was saying. She had been hunted down by guards before, but she never felt paranoid. She could fit in some pretty small spaces without attracting attention or prying eyes - she camped out a lot on city outskirts for a couple of days before going back in. By then, whoever had been looking for her had lost interest. She had never caused so much trouble that fully armed guards chased her well out of a city. She tried to imagine what the man could've done to incite such a predicament on himself, but she didn't ask.

"Impressive. And you're right."

"Not really, it's pretty easy to tell what sort of race someone is," Tale said. "I mean, Rito's have those flippin' beaks in the middle of their faces, and Goron's look like rocks, and you lot and Hylian's have the ear thing," Tale continued, gesturing with her hands. "Wizzrobes... well, they're a shady lot, but you can tell 'em if you get into some bar fight with them or something and your hair turns brown - -" Tale suddenly stopped talking. Not only was she not sure why she was even going on about this, she wasn't even sure where the last part came from. A bar fight? Hair... turning... brown? What? How would you know? You've never been in a bar. And your hair has never turned brown. But I feel like... Kind of like deja vu, ya know? Like it happened to me... a memory... but it didn't!
...It's those dang visions.

Tale's hand curled into a fist. Nothing showed on her face, but she hated it when this happened. When something comes out of her mouth and she doesn't know what she's talking about - the unbidden thoughts that came from no where.

"What's a little girl like yourself doing outside the desert? And how are you that good at combat?"

Tale broke away from her thoughts and her head snapped in the direction of the man.
"I'm not a little girl. If I was, I'd be dead. There's a difference between a fourteen year old capable delinquent like me and a prissy girl who's had everything she needed since she was zero." It wasn't usually a touchy subject, but not many people went around and called her a little girl. Maybe it was because she wasn't wielding any weapons right now.
"And this isn't so much a desert as a field, what with the lake and everything," Tale said, her voice spiteful and sarcastic again. She chose not to answer the question directly; she wasn't even sure why she had ended up at Lake Hylia again. "I dunno how you can assume I'm good at combat just with what you saw for five seconds, but I'm a Gerudo. We live for fights. Brawls. Blood." She was grinning despite herself. It was true. She loved the thrill of a good fight; that feeling of your blood boiling through your veins.

Orkahn
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 09:36 AM

(Sorry, life has been dragging me under for the past few weeks. x_x)

She lived for fights? Then this could prove to be useful. This kind of thing was something Orkahn could use to his advantage in case he needed any allies against his enemies.....and speak of the devil. The soldiers were all caught up and had finally reached him. There must have been at least 30 of them, though he could tell that there were more lurking nearby as either archers, casters, or otherwise. This kind of thing annoyed him ever so much, but there was nothing he could do about it.

One of the guards broke the ice and decided to approach him. "Sorry to bother you, but did you see a guy with white hair dressed like a Sheikah Spy run past here just now?" He merely shrugged his shoulders and replied nonchalantly. "Nope, haven't seen him." They shrugged and walked past him. Orkahn pulled out a small throwing star from his pocket and began to twirl it around his finger. "Heh, too easy."

"Hey, what the hell is that!?"

Orkahn's eyes suddenly went wide as a lingering guard had noticed it. He had now been caught for the 60th time by these guys. "Ah sh*t. Now I guess I have no choice but to fight. I'm done running." As the other guards charged him with swords and spears in hand, he pulled out two larger throwing stars attached to a giant chain and threw one end of it at them. They were instinctive enough this time around to dodge it and continue charging.

He looked back at the girl. "If you wanna make yourself useful, help me get rid of them, since you 'live to fight' and all that." She had been a cynic to him, so he hoped the words stung as he went back to the fight.

--------------------
user posted image

Tale
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 02:40 PM

{'S'okay. Same here; sorry it took a bit to get back to you.}

Tale watched impassively with her arms crossed as a guard approached the man next to her. She half payed attention to the few words exchanged between them; she kept one eye on the group of guards as they fanned out for their search. Tale shook her head, convinced that the whole world was stupid if she was the only one who had noticed that this man she was standing next to was the criminal they were looking for.

"Heh, too easy."

Tale could hardly count ten seconds between his comment and the whirl of action. All of a sudden he was up and fighting; the guards were forming together again and attacking - in Tale's opinion - blindly.
Tale uncrossed her arms and slapped her hand over her eyes. This man... was an idiot.
"Look," She muttered. "If you don't want to get caught, don't be so quick to give yourself in. All the guard did was... say something. He wasn't even accusing, and you totally jump out." Tale removed her hand and shook her head. "Aaaaugh, you're stupid."

"If you wanna make yourself useful, help me get rid of them, since you 'live to fight' and all that."

Tale actually almost considered what he said. But then she grinned cockily and shifted her weight. "I don't think so." She took a step or two back and sat down on an abandoned barrel, propped her right ankle up on her left knee, and folded her hands behind her head.
"I'll just watch."
Tale
Posted: Feb 28 2011, 11:28 PM

The guards were having a hard time re-organizing themselves. One drew his sword while a few clustered around him in a poor defensive formation; another stood behind them, trying to wave the others over. The man braced himself and whipped his weird sword around. As she watched, faintly amused but mostly bored, something glimmered in the corner of Tale's eye. She focused on the back of the man's head, and her eyes locked on to peculiarity for sure. Silver streaks shimmered in the man's hair that hadn't been there before. They seemed faint and uncertain, as if a veil was blowing across them, trying to decide if it should cover the grey streaks or not. Talethiar frowned. Not only was this man weird, he couldn't decide if his hair was black or grey, like some old geezer's.

Tale's vision wavered as she stared at the man and the guards trying to rustle themselves into an organized fight. She hadn't realized how tired she was. She blinked, and then shook her head vigorously. Her braids whipped around her head, bits of bead and other random things she had found pretty and stolen to poke into her hair hitting her in the head. This wasn't good. Sleep brought those blasted visions.

Tale stood up abruptly, her jacket still in her right hand. Her red eyes hardly even glittered in the direction of the man again; she needed to get moving. If she could crash somewhere comfortable, she might not have any dreams.
Don't be stupid. They come randomly. You can't control them. Don't delude yourself.
Tale sighed. She stepped off the dock into the knee-high lake water to skirt the fighting men, walking around them as if they suddenly didn't exist.
"Time to go," She muttered to herself, shrugging on her jacket and trudging out of the water in the direction she was pretty sure Hyrule City lay.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2810 seconds | Archive
Skins are copyright MidnaScape.