Rules & Regulations
1. Board Name - When registering to this board could you please either register with your hero name, or their actual name? This will make it easier for other member to remember you name, etc. We all know that it is fun that you sometimes use a fun name, but if an administrator notices a user without an actual name you will be asked for a name that you wish to use and an administrator will change it for you.
2. Multiple Accounts - As you all know, on most sites multiple accounts are not tolerated. Any user found using multiple accounts will have both/ all their accounts de-activited and their IP Address and E-Mail banned from registering again. We understand that on some PCs there is more than one person using it, if another person wants to sign up to this board from your PC could you please inform a member of the administration team before they actually register. If anyone suspects anybody using multiple accounts could you please contact a member of staff and they'll investigate.
3. Spamming - We, the administrators and moderators, will not tolerate any spamming, OOC or RP. It frustrates users and staff members. If anyone is found spamming they will recieve a verbal warning and if it continues they'll recieve an actual warning.
4. Inappropriate Behavior - This is a PG-13 board, no images or talk of anything above this rating shall be posted. Anybody disobeying this rule will be warned, but if it is too explicit they'll be banned.
5. Here we have racial, religious, and all other tolerance. This is one of the rules that we make sure is followed. No user should be put down or feel bad because of your own personal beliefs. Friendly discussions on such subjects as religion are permitted, but if it gets out of hand, the thread will be locked (or deleted). Violators will be punished accordingly.
6. Canon Characters - Certain canon characters are allowed. Others are locked, if you wish to be one of the locked characters please sign up with a original character and ask a member of the administration staff if that character is available, if so they will change your name for you. All main canon characters are locked at the moment and will only be unlocked by permission. It will be useless to try and sign up with a canon character's name for it will not be approved and you will be asked to re-try.
7. Signatures & Avatars - Signature & Avatars maximum sizes. All signatures have a maximum height of 550x250, if your signature is too big it may be automatically removed or you will be asked to remove it yourself, if you do remove it when asked you will recieve a warning and have it removed for you. The maximum size for an avatar is 100x100, and the site will not accept any size over this.
8. Advertising - Members must not advertise any site/ board which is not an affiliate with this board.
9. If an account is inactive for over 30 days without previous, reasonable notification, the account will be deleted. You may or may not be warned when the thirty day mark is coming close or has arrived.
1. Role-play Rules - All RP areas are only for that - RPing. No OOC posts will be tolerated in such areas. There is a specific forum for that, which is the Chat in the Hero Files forum. Any violators will be warned and their post(s) deleted.
2. Role-play Requirement - We have a minimum role-play requirement here. It is at least one paragraph, containing at leats 5 lines. We would like to show others that the users here are competant. If any posts don't fit the requirements, it will be locked. A member of the RP in question can ask an admin or the fourm's moderator (if there is one) to open it back up, but all of the role-play's members must be able to follow all guidelines. If the RP violates guidelines again it will be deleted.
3. Other Role-play Rules - No autoing, god-moding, web speak, or MarySues and Larry Stus. Auto-ing is taking control, even the slightest, of another character. God-moding is having a character that's invincible. Everybody should know what chat speak is. Mary Sues and Larry Stus are impeccable characters. Any violators will be asked to change either their post or character.
4. Grammar, etc - Proper grammar and spelling is a must. Small and few errors can be acceptable, though. I would suggest typing your role-plays in a Word Processor that has spell and grammer check.
Rules may be changed at any time without you even knowing about it, so could you please check back every so often?
The Staff of Heroes, an role-playing game.