This is a new forum for us. We had one many years ago when I first started in HL, and I honestly never used it. but I wanted to go over a few things with this forum before we get all crazy with ideas.
Some ideas for this forum could be
- This forum is for fun. There's no need to get upset if u see someone posting something that isn't the way its truly done in the REAL WORLD.
- Don't abuse this forum. If topics get 'too graphic' then we'll have to close it. That's not what HL is about.
- Based off of above, nothing lude, crude or rude. Nothing pornographic or foul words or swearing (we have a profanity filter in place on the forum). Please no talking of being drunk or violent. Just use common sense and if you are not sure just contact Amy - amilsapfann@hotmail or Lija - firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks every one!
- We're trying to keep HL as realistic as we possibly can.
- PLEASE DON'T POST regular topics in this forum (they will be deleted). It is for role playing.
- Keep only one 'story' to a topic.
- Use it as a learning tool. Learn from the lessons, etc that you participate in.
- Be nice to those that are paying you for a lesson or training session.
*Riding lessons- i loved this in previous years. Most of you know that I don't have horses in RL, and everything that i've learned about horses has been from being a member of HL for so long! We just ask that if you host a lesson, you be patient with your student. We can use this as a learning tool as well. It's been so many years since I've 'taken a riding lesson' I might be a lil bit rusty at it.
*Training- is another good one. I love to hear how training of the horses is going.
*progressive notes on what's going on at your farm. Instead of starting different topics in the general forum, you would post all of your updates here. You can do your daily routine here if you're looking for something to do.. write here!!! :)
*We have breeding farms here, and it would be nice to know about the progress of the mares and their baby. Remember, DON'T GO GRAPHIC ON THE BIRTH!
*races!! races or 3de trials (not normal shows) could be posted here. Something like a 3DE TRIAL could be the topic and it would be up to you how much detail you put into it. Now, me, personally- I LOVE LOVE LOVE DETAILS.. and the more the better. I plan to try this one day soon. so be on the look out for it.. :)
*You can host, like I have thought of many times and never done myself, trials of various disciplines of just your horses if you want to. Go through and do a randomized event- there would be no official points- but after the results of it, you could make up some things that happened to cause a horse to do badly--- the possibilities are endless.