Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Hamster Time Backup. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Play nice ... or risk the wrath of Fisty!

ANNC: READ! IMPORTANT!
Magpie
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 11:10 AM

Head of Household

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The main board has been hacked. What SLuG says below is correct, so please comply!

Sorry to shout, but whatever you do, DON'T ENTER YOUR HT USERNAME OR PASSWORD into the FAKE LOG IN form. YOU'RE ALREADY LOGGED IN. The hacker is phishing for passwords to re-hack the site later. It may be how he/she got back in. If you've already submitted to the fake form, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY.

We are working with our webhost to upgrade the board software and install some security patches. Please bear with us and we'll keep you posted as we can!
MrsGryn
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 11:25 AM

Head of Household

Member No.: 7

Also, we will probably not be authorizing new accounts here on the back up board, just as a precaution.
gilmoregirl
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 11:28 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Thank you Mods for all the very hard work you all do 'behind the scenes' for all of us..........I changed my password here, won't go to the other place till it' safe
copssister
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 11:51 AM

Member No.: 56

Happy Labor Day!! Have fun storming the castle !!!

Serious props to the mods/owners of HT who are sacrificing their holiday to keep HT functioning properly.
Magpie
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 12:48 PM

Head of Household

I sent an email to everyone registered here, but I'm posting it here just in case:

A hacker has attacked the main HT board. We are working with our webhost to upgrade the board security, and hope to be back up later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Once we get access to the main board, PLEASE promptly go into your My Controls and CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. This is very important, as the hacker was able to access some member passwords today.

As always, thank you for your patience and understanding!

*FIST!*
Koolaid Kid
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 04:17 PM

Member No.: 286

QUOTE (Magpie @ Sep 3 2007, 12:48 PM)
I sent an email to everyone registered here, but I'm posting it here just in case:

...As always, thank you for your patience and understanding!

*FIST!*

Thanks Magpie and the other mods for your hard work. This kind of personal consideration and dedication is what allows HT to remain such a wonderful community season after season.

Y'all are the best!
FeedMeCoffee
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 10:24 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 62

Thanks for your hard work Mods...and your, um, patience?

While y'all are dealing with the aftermath of our lovely <hack> hacker...I doubt you still have enough patience, so I'll send you my extra patience....ready? Catch!
*sends 10lbs of patience to the Most Awesomest Meds Evah!

Question:
How will we know when it's safe to enter our passwords?
I just tried, and it looked real to me, so I, um *shudders* entered my info.
(11:15pm HT)

I did not get 'logged in' (because now you say the Log In page is FAKE and I'm already logged in)...so now the HACK-er has my password if she didn't have it already. AAARRRGGGHHH!

(Well, it COULD be a SHE, damn it! What is this the 1950's? Women can do anything now! haha!!)
IceMan
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 10:31 PM

Member No.: 209

I believe what's going on now is,
the board is being restored to the most recent backup file in terms of messages posted.
I don't think the user names have been restored yet, that's why when you try to log in it's not working.

That's just a guess on my part, the mods can clear things up when they get a chance.

Thanks again to all working to get HT back on line.
nynikemike
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 10:44 PM

Member No.: 215

I have a question... that I am not sure if it is related to all of this. For the past 4 or 5 days it always wants me to log in, even though "Remember this" is checked. Prior to this it just kept me logged in as normal, as I prefer. But the past 4 or 5 days it always wants me to log in anytime I come to the site.

I am an IT professional, have cleared all browser caches etc. and it still does it, everytime I come to the site.

Is this related to the fake login page?
Tsylyst
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 10:44 PM

Head of Household

Member No.: 2

That's fairly close to what I understand, IceMan. As far as I can tell, the upgrade isn't complete yet. Our superawesome web hosting firm is working away at installing the updated tech stuff (and on a holiday, no less!). We've been in contact with them all day as we've been working through what we needed to get done.

What I can tell you is that as a side effect of this upgrade, not only will HT have increased security, but HT members will also have some cool new toys to play with.

This upgrade is something we were planning on doing after the season was over in order to avoid just this sort of downtime, but we obviously need the enhanced security now, so here we are.

ETA:

Is this related to the fake login page?

Interesting question. I'll make a note to address that when we're up and running smoothly again.
ShyLurkerGuy
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 11:39 PM

Member No.: 64

Just checked up on the main board before I go to sleep.

Everything seems rolled back to just before the hack with the most recent post time-stamped at 2:54 p.m Eastern.

The Hamster Time skin's still frakked from the hack. Most noticeably, Fisty's not back, and I had to switch to lo-fi version (link at the bottom of the page) to read any posts because I kept getting skin-related error messages otherwise.

Actually, the IPB default skins work, too, but they don't have the handy-dandy link header.

At least those creepy eyes are gone. Hopefully karma electra with hit the hacker with tons of homework and extra long detentions so he/she won't bother us again.
MrsGryn
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 03:39 AM

Head of Household

Member No.: 7

So it looks like we're back up. Again, be sure to change your password as an extra precaution. If you have trouble or are afraid to even attempt it, one of us admins will be back this afternoon/evening to help you out. You can PM one of us here for help to reset it.
smokefan
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:10 AM

Member No.: 137

Can't get anything to come up on HT Boards, fatal error blah blah blah
I even changed it to IPB 2.0 ? Am I doing anything wrong, can't even pm mods.
tooletta
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:22 AM

Power of Veto

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

I don't think it's you, smokefan, I'm having the same trouble. We should just be patient a little longer until this is sorted out. Meanwhile, continue to post here.

You should be able to at least log in there and change your password, though.

This post has been edited by tooletta on Sep 4 2007, 04:22 AM
Magpie
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 05:11 AM

Head of Household

I sent an email to our webhost this morning regarding the issues we are having since the upgrade.
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3653 seconds | Archive