|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Hamster Time Backup. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 5 2007, 10:06 AM
Head of Household
Member No.: 1
Joined: 23-June 07
(OK, I'm doing this from memory, so someone chime in if I got it wrong!)
To get into chat using AIM, do the following:
1. Log in to AIM.
2. Click on People, then choose Send Chat Invitation.
3. Put your screen name in the top box.
4. In the bottom “chat room” box, take out the room name that is in there, and type in "chatHT" (without the quotes).
5. Hit “send”.
ETA: From the old board (thank you, Google!), here are instructions from lifey on how to get in using a newer version of AIM than the one I use:
1. Sign into your AIM account.
2. Click on your AIM username in the AIM list of Buddies.
3. In the latest AIM (6.0.28), go to the Actions section at the bottom of the window and choose Chat / Buddy Chat
4. Change the Chat Room name to chatHT then select SEND
Posted: Aug 5 2007, 07:13 PM
Member No.: 64
Joined: 2-August 07
If you're like me and don't want to install the AIM software (or just extra software, for that matter), you can chat in your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) by logging into your AIM account (you still need one of those) at http://www.meebo.com
After you log in, you may want to mute the sound fx by clicking the sound/speaker icon under the meebo logo.
Click the "Start or join a group chat" icon (3 yellow smilies with a speech balloon) under Buddy List to bring up the Group Chat box.
At the "Chat Room:" input, type chatht and click the "Join Chat" button.
Because the meebo website is like a desktop after you log in, you may optionally want to hit F11 to enter browser kiosk mode.