Top 'O the day to ya youd lads and lasses! Are you read for some fun?
First off, this is not a Harry Potter based board. Please read the plot before actually joining. If there are any questions don't be afraid to ask!
Students from all around the world are coming to the shores of Glaway Bay, Ireland in order to register for the new school year.
We have many new students and several of our returning students joining us this year. There is a lot of chaos with teenagers and staff moving on in and settling in the school.
It is the summer of 2007
Once we have reached 20 members or at least 20 characters, then Harbor Academy will officially be declared open for the new semester!
Skin © Nepho of the IF Skin Zone
Side-bar © Roswenth
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
|Welcome to Galway Bay. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
, For The Board
The Last Word
Member No.: 1
Joined: 21-June 07
| Please abide by these rules. We have placed them here in order to keep things in a smooth order.Word to the Wise (Before Joining):
If you do choose to find us worthy, please follow the Rules we have provided. Here are some pointers to get you started, and to make things as easy as possible. Follow them and I promise you'll be posting in no time.
First off, read everything that is required. There is a box on the main page in the top left corner. That way, you are familiar with how this board works.
- Register with any account name you wish.
- Twin characters have to have two separate applications.
- You may have as many characters as you can handle. Though each character has to abide by the posting rule.
- In the Application Template there is a set of questions for each section. Answer those questions and you will be fine. Add in extra details if you wish.
- No LIST are allowed in the Appearance and Personality section. Create complete, whole sentences.
- Becoming a member and role playing on this site means that you must be dedicated. If you cannot make it through the application process then don't sign up. Take a look at other people's applications to see what we are looking for and what is to be expected.
- We will not take crappy applications and role playing. If you cannot meet the simple requirements, then don't think you are going to get away with it. People have come here to have fun and play with people who can make things interesting. Do not spoil it for them by being a bad sport.
- Once you have made an account on this board, you have one week to notify us if you are going to stay. You may PM an Admin or Mod, post in the OOC or Chat Box, OR send in an application finished or not.
I am tired of people signing up for this board and then never actually joining. You have ONE week. Also, if you have turned in an application in-complete then finish it. Do not leave an unfinished application on the forum and then decide leaving without any word. I will give you TWO weeks to notify one of us if cannot complete it right away. I don't want to rush any of you, but I don't want applications waiting to be checked for months on in.
- Since this board is new, I require each accepted member to at least post once a week. If you can do it more than that, I will love you forever..but if you can't..I understand. I want this board to look active.
If there is any questions, don't be afraid to ask. We are not scary people!Characters:Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus are not allowed. Meaning, your character is not perfect. They have weaknesses, a darker side to them…USE IT. If the administrators think that your character is not flawed enough as a human should, you will be told to fix it. Have a problem with it, then don’t join.
Do not steal characters from TV. Shows, Movies, Books, etc and make them your own. Come up with your own ideas.
There is absolutely no God-moding allowed on this board. You have control over your own character(s) and no one else. Other players choose what your character may inflict on them. Also, your character, no matter what it is, is human enough to be injured.
I am saying it now and probably will again—Murder is bad. Your character is not allowed to kill off another player’s character unless they have given proper permission. Disposing of an NPC would be plausible, but remember you are in the real world. If your character is caught, they will go to jail. Posts:DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU ARE ACCEPTED BY TWO ADMINS OR MODS!Since I am nice though, if you have joined and your application is awaiting approval, you may post in the OOC. However, your application must be completed.(In character)
Standardized English: Use proper spelling and grammar. Make sure you check what you have written before posting it. Do not use slang or IM lingo. Don’t make it hard for others to read, otherwise people won’t want to play with you. That and you don’t want to come off as a total idiot.
When posting, you must have it in third person. You are narrating what is happening to your character. There is no “I” allowed, that is unless they are speaking.
Use the five senses that people were born with: sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch. Have your character experience their environment through these. It makes the picture a lot clearer to others who are role playing with you.
As to make things easier please abide by the following:
Speaking – “ “
Thinking – italics or bold
Take advantage of the colors provided if you wish to make it clearer where your character is speaking or thinking.
Each post must be at least one paragraph (three – five sentences). One liners do not cut it. Give more information to those who are playing with you, to make it easier.
Most of our players here are mature, or so we are assuming. If you choose to have adult content within a thread, please state so in the topic description. That way, people are warned fair and square what to expect.
Language, such as cursing/cussing—allowed, but please keeps it to a limit. There is no sense in having every other word a curse.
Keep OOC conversations limited in IC posts. If there is something that is needed to be discussed, then get their IM, E-mail, or PM them. Same rule goes for OOC conflicts. Do not bring them into the threads. Deal with it outside of this board.
Once your thread has ended, let one of the administrators or moderators know. The reason for this is because we want to keep the board looking active and not have a lot of dead threads hanging everywhere. It looks tacky.
"Mum" is the WORD
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.