Generation Zi

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Generation Zi. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

The application itself is available here. Please also make sure you review all the Rules before applying.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Links: Home - Rules - RPG Shop - GZ's Chatroom! (Rules) - Join the RPG?

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

White Hill, An obscure twilight... {OPEN}
Fury OD
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 03:52 PM

Fueled by LOVE. Powered by HATE.

Group: GZer
Member No.: 175

Asuka laughed too. It was something like a healing device for her. She chuckled a bit before nodding her head in agreement to the boy. The whole vampire thing was a great thing to lighten up the mood. But something still gripped her on the inside.

When the boy warned her about the double doors, she glanced over to it dull like with no intention of breaking that little rule, and back at the boy. When the boy left she raised her cup at him casually. "See you." she replied.

...so, staying away from that door is a good idea, huh?"

"Well, looks that way" Asuka shrugged. She didn't know what to take of Timmy's warning. She took a sip from her glass, and continued to listen to the music. But her uneasiness continued to haunt her silently.

--------------------

I take deep breaths when I hear your name...
AMATERASU'S LAIR
"Anger can be a motivational tool. Rage can hold you back."
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
"And still we will be here, standing like statues...."
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 06:56 PM

"Act with wisdom, but act."

Group: Certified Rater
Member No.: 281

"The...changing room?"

Aeolus's tone had taken on some unease now and he tugged on the red bowtie, glancing about the crowd. His eyes seemed to flash when he realized no one else was wearing a hint of red on them. Aeolus turned toward the back of the room and gestured toward the double doors, but he meant to indicate toward one of the doors on the side.

"It's the door over there, on the left," he said. Sable's doubtful tone had made him nervous and he had taken to searching through the people, although Aeolus honestly did not know what he was looking for. Paranoia crept on the edges of his mind and bit away as he tried to recognize faces and suits. Faces were an easy task, but all the suits and dresses looked the same, and he wondered more and more if anything was ever wearing the same thing at all times.

"Is—something wrong?" he inquired quietly. He scrutinized the people who still stood around and realized a few had inched away. Those few had the strangest looks on their faces, looks that he could not decipher, but when he followed their eyes he saw they were focused on Sable.

Near Elric and Asuka, there was a sudden outburst: a man let out an agitated shout from the other side of the table and flipped over the bowl of punch. He stormed off as the red seeped into the white tablecloth, leaving a troubled woman to stand by herself, trembling and confused. The man stomped off to the double doors at the back of the room, pushed right on through, and shut the doors behind him. The woman did not give pursuit.

Instead, she gave Elric and Asuka a frightened glance, let her eyes linger on Elric, then fled to the double doors that were at the front instead: the doors that led back outside.

The blue-eyed Bloodler did not know what to do. He'd simply sat there and observed the partying zoids around the fountain. He had noticed in that span of time that the fountain was Gilvader-shaped, sitting back on its haunches and its head high, tail curled to the best of its ability behind the statue. The saws on its back were spinning, perhaps providing the water that pumped out of its mouth, or perhaps the water that went to the cannons or the tip of the tail.

At any rate, it wasn't a statue he'd seen before.

A woman rushed out of the mansion and into the courtyard, drawing his attention to something of interest. Just past the zoids dancing about was a Liger Zero. It had its head on its folded paws as though it was asleep, and the twin moons shone off of its black, red, and off-white scheme. The Blooder scanned the other zoids that were not partaking and saw that they just stood in their stock positions. Intrigued, he floated up from the roof of the mansion and glided over.

Excuse me, rumbled the Bloodler, settling down near the Liger. He did not land in front of it, but rather a little off to the side so as not to seem too forward. Why do you not partake in the festivities as these others have?

The Liger raised its head and silver optics flickered to life. They blinked a couple of times, and then the Liger yawned and grunted. It put its head back down with a tired growl.

It put out a frequency that said, Unnecessary.

The Liger Zero could not engage in verbal conversation, it seemed. The Bloodler sat down and decided a conversation in frequencies would be much quicker, anyway, if not simpler.

How so?

I am here every night. It is always the same. If I sleep, it will be over in the blink of a human eye.

I thought the parties are only every full moon. Was I incorrect?

Correct and incorrect.

The Bloodler cocked his head. This was just cryptic. And almost unnecessary. I do not understand.

The Liger turned his head and flopped it almost impatiently on his claws, optics on his companion. We are only zoids. It cannot be fathomed, not even through frequencies.

Cannot be fathomed. Not even through frequencies. Those made up the simplest form of communication, not just between zoids, but within the entire universe. Mental broadcasts, radio, light and sound, all those were made up of waves and frequencies, and each produced a different form, a different message. A basic concept that could be understood and witnessed without explanation. For something to be inconceivable through frequencies struck the Bloodler as...odd.

He leaned forward on his claws, seeming to narrow his blue eyes. I am Adolf.
post#19* organoid and "I am Liger Zero 0000-0000-000L-OkQ0"

--------------------
PME-MailWebsite AIMYIMMSN
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 01:14 AM

Rawr.

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 5

Sable was perked up, as if on high alert for things going on around her. The staring and people inching away from her didn't seem to bother her at all, though. And if it did, she didn't show it, standing with her hands in the pocket of her coat.

She leaned on her feet to see where he was gesturing, not having been part of the conversation about that particular pair of double doors but looked like she frowned at them anyways. Or maybe it was a trick of the light.

When she looked back at Aeolus, she was smiling again, and turned slightly so she was standing beside him. Her hand came up out of her pocket and reached up behind his back with a great swoop of air. "I don't think anything is wrong... yet," she whispered softly in his ear, trying to lead him back to the other two.

"So on that note-" he started to say, but stopped at the commotion near them. He growled and jerked away from the table and the punch, but it turned to bewilderment when the man disappeared. The woman met his eyes, and he blinked and jerked back in surprise, startled.

Elric watched the woman as she left, and looked a little bothered by something. (They can't know. Right? Asuka and Aeolus and that Bloodler didn't say anything...) he slowly looked at Asuka as he thought it, and once he realized he was staring, he gave her a warm grin. "Boy, does everyone here have a problem with a good looking guy or what?" he joked, trying to lighten the mood again.

He was troubled, though, that much was pretty obvious. He looked to the spilled punch, then to the door in the back. Despite the boy's warning... he was curious now. And he really wasn't afraid for his safety, exactly. It was confusing, yet not confusing at all.

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 02:00 AM

Asuka slightly looked up at Elric while she sipped on her punch, Interested in what he had to say. But as she listened, the commotion that had aroused from the area made her flinch. The man's voice sent a burst of adrenaline through the girl's veins. And as that happened, she trembled sending the glass rolling off of her hands, and splitting into two.

D:

She quickly looked over at the man who had been stomping over to the double doors, in back of the room. The same doors that had been the center of their words for the past few minutes. She caught a glimpse of the woman glancing at her in a troublesome manner. Poor Asuka took it the wrong way. She looked bellow her feet and saw that the glass she'd been drinking out of had broken. Catching the woman's frighting glance made the girl feel like she was going to be in trouble.

"I-Im..." She begun. But as she started the woman was already fleeing towards the double Doors leading to the Exit.

Asuka looked up at Elric who had looked like he was staring at her. The girl was about to let her emotion blow up, but luckily kept it in before he spoke.

"Boy, does everyone here have a problem with a good looking guy or what?"

The tone in his voice calmed her a bit, and so she quickly nodded at his joke, and cracked a weak smile.

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 08:26 PM

Aeolus did not protest or struggle. He allowed Sable to usher him back to the other two, a question ready on his lips ("What do you mean, yet?"), but he found an entirely different question rolling off his lips at the sight of the ruined table.

"Whoa, what happened here?" he asked, glancing to Elric and Asuka. He blinked when he saw the girl and quickly remembered her as the one he'd given the lighter to. "Oh, hey. That lighter prove useful, I hope?" He smiled in an effort to drive off all the unease and the cold that settled about their shoulders. Past all the dancers, Aeolus had failed to see the man and woman run off, and so he could not have known that, perhaps, something was really wrong.

There was a curious thuk-thuk of inhuman footsteps. Metal, even. Aeolus glanced back to the table and blinked hard at the bright-white dinosaur organoid that had appeared there. It blinked back at them with white optics, and then bowed its head and proceeded to scoop up the bowl. The organoid took a small, white rag off of its head and bent down to wipe up the mess that had been made.

Aeolus gave a small laugh. "So the butlers here are organoids?" he remarked, to which the butler snorted. It glanced over the table to give him a sharp look, but its attention ended up instead on the twins for just an instant. Then the dinosaur bowed its horned head to Asuka and it returned to its duty.

You are not an "Adolf". You are an upgraded Redler.

Adolf blinked at the Liger Zero. It is the name by which I go. I am a Bloodler in model.

Another organoid hopped out of the building now, tromping its way to the truck that Sable had driven there. It was lanky and grey, not quite blending in with the snow, and the zoids stepped around it while the organoid waddled on through. Adolf watched it open the back and hop in. He wondered if it was attempting to move the furniture, but he thought little of it and turned back to the Liger.

So it is a nickname. My nickname is Aeon.

It is not a nickname. It is a name. Your nickname is not Aeon—you are Aeon.

The Liger huffed and pushed himself up with a stamp of his paws. He threw his head back and growled, his tail flicking at his back. I am not Aeon. I am Liger Zero 0000-0000-000L-OkQ0.

That may be so. What is the business of this place?
post#20*

--------------------
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 04:42 PM

Rawr.

Elric perked up when his sister and Aeolus showed up, and they flashed each other nervous smiles, but didn't say anything. Sable cautiously lifted her arm from Aeolus's shoulders, with another curious rustling noise as she dropped it back to her side. The twins shared another look for a second, and Elric started to the door, but suddenly realized that Aeolus had asked something a few seconds later.

"Somebody just flipped out over something," he said offhandedly, like he had no idea what it had been about, "Left all in a huff too. Dunno what that was all about," he looked at his sister, who had her arms crossed and was looking into the crowd. The source of her stare revealed itself a second later, in the form of an organoid.

The twins watched, frowning a little as the Organoid cleaned up. Sable shook her head like she was clearing water out of her ears, and looked at Aeolus, "I don't think they're butlers," she pointed out quietly. Rolex smiled slightly at the Organoid when it looked at them, and slumped when it went back to work.

"Can we leave now, please?"

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 08:22 PM

"Whoa, what happened here?"

The girl didn't know what to say. She just stood there blankly looking up at the man she'd borrowed the lighter from. Asuka quickly began to search her pockets for the lighter. As she searched she noticed him turning his attention fully, but briefly to her.

"Oh, hey. That lighter prove useful, I hope?"

"Ahh, yes. Thank you again! " She smiled, as she finally found it. "It really helped a lot Sir. Umm my names Asuka." She continued as she brought up her left hand to return it to him. As the girl looked up at the man with big eyes, she' soon found another focus. Organoid. o.o

She turned to watch the white noid in aww. She'd seen one before, but never this close. The Organoid was cleaning. And this was pretty much one of the cutest things she'd seen in her grim life. *.* "homg, he's cleaning" Her thoughts and mind was all focused on the noid. And the white rag that was cleaning up the mess, made her squee on the inside. As Aeolus pointed out something about it being a butler, she let out a small laugh. "Woww, they can be butlers toooo?.... [: " When the organoid bowed its head to the girl, she almost fell over. It was too cute for her to keep her mind focused on what was really going on.. Whatever it was that was going on. Everything else was like blocked off, as if she was under a curse. Or something...

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Aug 17 2010, 06:55 PM

Aeolus nodded eagerly to the girl. He half-wondered what someone so young was doing here, but he supposed there were many reasons for her presence.

"Ahh," he breathed once he caught sight of the lighter, and he extended a hand to accept the item. Better to accept than to refuse after all—it was simply impolite to turn down someone's kindness unless there was a good reason. He bowed his head in gratitude and pocketed the lighter with a flourishing, "Tapadh leat!" Which would sound like tappa let to the girl, and when Aeolus realized the strangeness that came out of his mouth, he almost rolled his eyes. He really needed to stop borrowing vocabulary from that mechanic...

Once the organoid had lost his interest, Aeolus realized that the girl had introduced herself. "Asuka..." The young man turned his sights on her and tried to remember her face. Something told him it was a face not easily forgotten, although he was much worse with names. "Asuka, Asuka. Name's Aeolus!" And promptly he stuck his hand out to shake.

"Can we leave now, please?"

"Yeah," Aeolus said. "Let's get out of here. I'm gonna find my clothes first, though—"

Wait. Stop borrowing vocabulary from that mechanic, who was a friend. Aeolus suddenly remembered why he was here in the first place. He glanced at the girl, glanced at the twins, and then out to the crowd. He still needed to find Bond. And it made him uneasy to think about, but he needed to scour the place out before moving on to other areas. Besides, it wasn't as though he had any way of getting home quite yet. Aeolus thought he might as well catch up with his friend and figure out what was going on.

"...Scratch that. You guys can go on out, but I'm gonna be here for a while," he said distractedly, and he hastened away into the crowd to interrogate some of the partygoers, regardless of whether or not Asuka had returned that handshake. He gradually made his way to the door at the back.

This place has no business, was Aeon's reply.

Adolf glanced out to the truck once more. The organoid was attempting to move a table by its own by carrying it on its back, but the attempt was clumsy and the table constantly threatened to topple over. One of the partying zoids—a Command Wolf, as it turned out—waddled over to give the organoid a hand.

No business, Adolf mused. If there is no purpose...?

Humans don't need a reason to do what they do.

I...do not understand. Who draws these people to celebrate over nothing, Aeon?

I told you, I am not Aeon. I am Liger Zero 0000-0000-000J-Nr0t.

I...thought you were Liger Zero 0000-0000-000L-OkQ0.

That is correct. I am Liger Zero 0000-0000-02Bc-LpuL.

Adolf boggled. Perhaps this had been a mistake. This Liger Zero appeared to be a little strange in the head to keep giving such inconsistent information, or at least he was a very bad liar. He would have frowned if he had facial muscles, and he turned away, contemplating what to do. Well, discussing Aeon's serial code (which seemed rather old) would do him no good, anyway. ...Again, who draws these humans to this pointless activity...?

Your exits are north and south (or assume so, for the sake of simplicity). You may take either door on the sides of the northern double doors.

You may go anywhere. You may take either staircase near the doors in Room 1, you may go back outside. You may deviate or you may follow however your heart dictates—this roleplayer/GM will find ways to keep the adventure engaging and eventually lead it down to its finale.

post#21*

--------------------
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 12:20 AM

Rawr.

Elric suddenly chuckled at Asuka and what she said, though it was quiet and rather faint, "Organoids can be lots of different things, you know."

The pair perked up ever so slightly when Aeolus looked at them both, the lively air swishing around behind them. Sable slouched when he said he was leaving, and actually moved to start after him until Elric grabbed the back of her coat, "Let's go," he hissed, puffing his shoulders up.

"You can go if you want, but I want to look around. I wonder what's up with that room?" she looked at the mysterious door in the back that had been mentioned before. Elric jabbed her in the side irritably.

"Don't even, we don't know what's back there,"

Their eyes met in a staring contest for a brief moment, but they both looked away. Sable looked at where Aeolus had disappeared to, and Elric looked at Asuka.

"Shall we go, then?" sure he wanted to leave, but he wasn't going to leave the little girl here all by herself. Even if he was a little freaked out by this place.

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 12:23 AM

"Asuka, Asuka. Name's Aeolus!"

Asuka's eyes brightened as Aeolus brought out his hand. She held it lightly and shook, blushing a bit, and finally believing that the guy was real. But her mind was focused on other things as well. Sure she had a slight crush on him, but was it more like an 'I admire him greatly for no reason what so ever' type of thing? Or a 'HOMG he's so cute *.* ' fantasy the young girl held in her mind. A little of each to tell you the truth. But the thing that gave her thirst for Aeolus. It was more question than romance. She wanted to know about this man to put in short. Her curiosity brought her to many places. Following the unknown was something she'd start to learn from her friends. She was much braver than she looked, or thought...

"Organoids can be lots of different things, you know."

When she herd one of the twins, Elric, point this out, her eyes screamed question. "Really!? That's so cool! :D "

The thought of organoids being a music player, and battery powered generator for her laptop crossed her mind. "Awesome..." :L Her mind often wondered into places like that. And it was mostly good, because the chill and darkness of the place briefly escaped her mind. Especially having to complete her mini mission of returning the lighter to Aeolus. Everything wasn't as dark as it were until the topic of leaving came up.

As Asuka watched Aeolus leave for the doors in the back. The creepy doors, the boy warned them about. The girl looked up at the twins and then held her full attention to Elric.

"Shall we go, then?"

The girl gave a quick nod, and was ready to follow behind. "But I still don't know were Riley walked off to. Maybe he went back outside. Its too much of a story for him to just vanish..." she thought.

And Once more the surrounding area in her eyes became doomy again.

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 08:18 PM

Unaware of what unfolded at his back, Aeolus proceeded to the double doors at the back of the room. He could worry about getting his clothes later—why, if someone even thought to steal them, he could just go home in the tuxedo he wore. It was rather high-class, after all, so he figured it a good trade-off. Although he did like that jacket...

No one spared him a second glance when Aeolus cracked open a door and slipped through. Either they were busy with their own business or looking instead toward the twins, Asuka, or the organoid, who had stomped to another part of the table to replace a platter of cookies with a plate that sat in his chest.

Aeolus quietly clicked the door shut behind him. In an instant, all the noise of the celebration was muffled and darkness overcame. The only light that remained were the softly-lit lanterns that lined the walls of the corridor, faintly revealing the patterned carpet and the floral wallpaper. It was a great difference from the ballroom, and Aeolus found that he was quickly adjusting—he felt his body and spirit relax, and he issued a soft sigh, staggering to the nearest wall.

A man was there. It was the man who'd stormed away from the woman in the ballroom, and he stood in the middle of the corridor, perfectly still, his back to the young warrior. Aeolus watched him for a moment. He made no movement whatsoever—almost statue-like in that he stood like a rock. Did he even breathe? Aeolus wished to approach him and interrogate the man about his friend, but he hesitated.

Well...there couldn't have been any harm in asking.

Aeolus moved forward. The lanterns flickered, darkness closed in, and everything at his back went silent.

And if the others came in, they would see Aeolus standing perfectly still behind the first man.

I would say if I knew, replied Aeon with a shake of his head. It is an illogical thing. My master was drawn to this place and has not left since.

Adolf quirked his head. The organoid had disappeared into the building with its table, the Command Wolf giving it a friendly nudge, and another had flown out to retrieve some other piece of furniture. He watched them and contemplated on the Liger Zero's answer, plopping down on his backside.

Your master? Was he drawn by the...phenomenon?

I cannot say. These people began to flock after he settled down here. He takes it for his home, I believe.

I see. He lives here?

Yes.

Perhaps he is the one drawing them to partake in these festivities?

The Liger Zero shook his head. If I knew, I would say.
post#22*

--------------------
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Nov 20 2010, 04:08 PM

Rawr.

Sable noticed that her brother was intent on getting out of here, and was keeping an eye on the little girl that had come in behind them. It didn't matter to her either way, beyond that Elric was distracted away from her right now. Glancing from him, to the direction that Aeolus had gone off in and back again, she whuffed when he didn't notice, licked her lips, and trotted after the shadow fox pilot.

Elric seemed really amused that Asuka was so surprised that organoids could do other things then fight and fuse with zoids. "Organoids can do the same things people can, mostly," he grinned, "You haven't met too many organoids, have you?"

He looked up to say something to Sable, and finally noticed that she was gone. He growled a little, but didn't see her, and didn't want to leave Asuka. Well, fine, he knew that she could take care of herself, if she wanted to chase Aeolus around everywhere. He shook his head.

He started to navigate through the crowd and back towards the doors to the outside, glancing left and right as he went.

Reaching the door, Sable pushed it open a little bit, tilting her ear towards it to listen. She pushed it open enough to slip through when she didn't hear anything, closing the door behind her. The odd silence made her pause, and she looked at the ground and listened again, breathing through her nose.

After a sniff, she looked up to see Aeolus with his back facing her, still like the first man. She growled into the darkness, deeply like a feral canine, with the feathers on her coat hood bristling. Taking two steps to close the distance, she reached out to touch Aeolus's shoulder, her hand like a metal claw.

"Aeolus?"

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Nov 28 2010, 12:34 PM

Asuka's hands was numbing from the cold, so she stuffed them into her pockets. With all the excitement going on she was being well aware of her surroundings. She especially kept an eye on the people looking at them, and thought about the kid and if he'd ever come back or not. The information that he gave was making more and more sense.

Well, the thing about Riley creeping out that is. "He would do something like this. maybe to test me?" She thought to herself. Because after all, why would he trot across the ball room and into those intimidating double doors in the back. Asuka's mood changed.

Asuka looked up to Elric, as he began to speak.

"Organoids can do the same things people can, mostly," he grinned, "You haven't met too many organoids, have you?"

Intrigued, the girl went bright eyed. "I've seen one in a distance before. Me and my friends are actually - " She paused. The mention of the purple wolf wasn't really something to bring up now. "Um, I'm eager to befriend one... " the girl continued.

Asuka looked up to were the other twin would be. "She must have went into those doors. " Asuka mumbled.

The girl followed Elric closely. The place bothered her a bit. And the thought of something coming up to grab her from behind would occasionally invade her mind.

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Nov 28 2010, 09:56 PM

Neither of the two budged in response to Sable's growl in the dark. Aeolus's skin was cool to the touch, cooler than normal, and his eyes were unfocused, seemingly unseeing. He did not answer Sable's call. He seemed frozen in a trance, staring out into nothing.

The man in front was the same way. His once-red face was blank and completely devoid of his previous anger, eyes vacant, shoulders slack. The light around them flickered even when the lanterns did not. Shadows shifted and crept back and forth as if they had life of their own, sluggish and deliberating. Footsteps echoed from down the black corridor. They were slow and muffled, almost distorted, one...drag...ging...af...ter...a...no...ther...

And then the footsteps were gone, but it wasn't just the footsteps that were distorted. Even the party now sounded strange and alien in that space. It wasn't just muffled—it was as if something took the sound waves, played with them, and then released them in their warped state to the open air. Sable would be the only one who could notice this. The other two...seemed unconscious. Standing, but unconscious.

"Mrow."

A cat trotted right past Elric and Asuka, giving them a cursory glance before it moved on.

"Meow. Mrroww. Mreow."

And standing just past that cat was a figure in all-white, a colorless star against a sea of black, leaning against the wall with a pocketwatch in his hand. He was fingering the chain that hung from his pocketwatch, and then he raised his silver eyes to regard the two, a monocle shining from his right eye. He adjusted his monocle and leaned in to get a better look at them.

"Mrow. Mrroww," called another cat, sitting on a table.

"Leaving so soon?" called the white man. His voice was smooth and controlled, a silky tone to mask obscure intentions. "You've hardly been here...five minutes." The man glanced at his pocket watch. "Five minutes standard Zi time, that is. You can never tell in here."

"Mreoww."

The blue-eyed Bloodler watched a cat tiptoe by, sinking in the snow with every step it took, tail high and whiskers frosted over. He shifted his gaze to the dancing zoids and the unmoving zoids, and he thought of interrogating one of them for answers that were a little saner.

They're all idiots, anyway.

The Bloodler could swear he detected a hint of a growl in the Liger's transmission, but that did not concern him. He glanced to Aeon with some unease, and then dismissed the unease tugging at the back of his mind. Idioten or no, they might still be able to provide me some answers. My curiosity knows few bounds with my lifestyle.

Fine, badger them if you'd— ...Did you just say idioten?

Yes?

"Mrow. Mreoww. Mroww."

Hold on. The Liger Zero hauled himself to his feet and angled his head toward the sky, seeming to test the air. The Bloodler stiffened and watched. Is someone else here? Aeon glanced up toward the mountains above, his bright eyes probing the wintry darkness. He spread his jaws and growled at the sky.

The Bloodler got to his feet. Shall I probe for visitors?

"Mrrroww..."
post#23*

--------------------
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Dec 9 2010, 06:52 PM

Rawr.

Elric weaved his way through the mass of people like an expert. He seemed to be able to pick out the places where people were moving apart, and go through the widening space, or he just gently pushed his way through with relative ease. The boy glanced at the double doors in the back only once, slowing a little and licking his lips. He shook his head and continued on, grumbling to himself.

He was privately very happy that he wasn't alone right now, even if Asuka didn't know what was going on either.

"Organoid's aren't that rare. I'm sure you'll befriend one someday. You have some time," he smiled, more at something he was thinking then at what he said.

The look faltered slightly, and he barely kept himself from looking at the doors again, "She'll be fine," he said, just as much to himself as to Asuka.

He noticed the cat, and regarded it with a frown, which grew when they were spoken to. Elric came to a full stop as he looked at the man in all his pristine white, then glanced at Asuka and shrugged.

"Do you know what's wrong with this place?" he asked the man with the watch. His comment about the oddity of time caught Elric's attention immediately.

Sable lifted her hand gently from his shoulder, watching the back of his head until she got frustrated and leaned over to look at his face. The next course of action was to wave her hand in front of his heterochromatic eyes, which also got no response. With the garbled and muffled noises of the party like background noise, she took a step back and looked around.

She noticed that it felt... heavy back here, though that wasn't a good word for it either. Heavy, dark, and constricted were the closest words she could find for the sensation, even though there were obvious lights flickering nearby. Something in her brain felt off.

"Well, either I'll drag you out of here and you'll be fine, or something else will happen," she said conversationally to the frozen Aeolus, hooking a few fingers in the collar of his suit and gently tugging him backwards, ready in case he stayed frozen standing up and fell over.

Almost as an afterthought, she reached to grab the other man by his collar too and tug him away.

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Jan 5 2011, 01:14 AM

Asuka smiled at Elric at his comment about organoids. She was even more eager to befriend one now that she knew that they weren't as rear as she thought they'd be.

As she continued to walk close behind Elric she spotted the cat. "Oh kitty!" She said watching it with great admiration. The little girl then herd the voice of a man, and quickly gazed up to see him. She was shocked but kept her cool. Just as Elric glanced at Asuka, she glanced at Elric and shrugged.

She hadn't the slightest clue what he was talking about with the time. For her, it seemed longer, but after all, it could have been true. She stood quiet as Elric began to talk to the man. "I wonder what he meant by that?" she thought.

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 04:28 PM

Aeolus did seem almost stiff as a board at first. He started backward, and then his knees buckled when his body realized it wasn't quite upright any more, and the same happened with the other man. They did not get back up, which left Sable with the freedom to drag them back.

Something queer did start up right away, however. They started to twitch ever so slightly, a finger or a foot or a small jump, and the further they were pulled away, the more they responded. Aeolus's chest heaved in quiet convulsion, eyes as blank as before, and his legs started to kick and his arms started to jerk. Right after the door opened, he snapped himself away from Sable, rolled onto his knees, and heaved—well, nothing. Either nothing was in his stomach or it was some kind of false alarm, but the young man crouched there on the ground, heaving air, face white and body trembling. The other man snatched himself away from Sable with similar symptoms, but he hurled himself into the nearby bathroom and doubled over the toilet there.

Aeolus rolled onto his back, sick and weak. He regarded the ceiling with a look that suggested thought, and then he rasped to Sable, "...What happened?" Around the two, partygoers slowed down to take a look at the stranger with the red bowtie who had collapsed on the ground. A cat appeared from the crowd and growled at Sable.

"You know, you're the only one to have ever asked me that," said the man ponderously. He adjusted his monocle, leaned forward to get a better look at the two, and blinked hard. "I could be direct. I could also be obscure. And in both cases, I could be wrong." He rotated his monocle while he put his pocketwatch back. Bright eyes peered into Elric, then turned and peered into Asuka.

"You're a strange one," he immediately said to Elric. The man glanced to the girl beside him. "And you've been through a lot for one so young. But that's good. You never know how long you'll keep the world you live in." He nudged away a cat that had appeared near his foot, acting as if he hadn't even noticed the little beast. And then he licked his lips, contemplated, and turned around. "Come over here. Take a minute and chat with me."

Nope, not answering inquiries yet, it seemed. The man poured a few cups of punch and offered some to the two of them, regardless of whether they actually followed him.

Yes... thought Aeon with an uneasy growl. I do not like this... It's a familiar feeling...

Then I shall return, said Adolf with a stretch of his metal wings. The Bloodler took to the sky, and partying zoids turned their heads to watch him. One Pteras decided that it wanted to follow, too, and hopped forward to pursue the blue-eyed Bloodler. Adolf paid the zoid no mind.

He could see the snow far above, most of which was dissipating before it could even reach the earth, and that left the colder snowflakes to slip through the sky and touch the mountains wherever they could. He could see the vast expanse of white peaks and could hear the burble of a stream not entirely frozen over somewhere. The green Pteras flew around him, chattering excitedly about something (he wasn't paying attention) and he scanned the environment for strange appearances.

Among all the white was a patch of black. He tried to zoom in on it without being detected. Faintly, he wondered if there were enemy zoids to worry about. While the Bloodler had passive stealth, the Pteras nearby did not.
post#24*

--------------------
Up to Top
Steel Cerberus
Posted: Jan 31 2011, 01:34 PM

Rawr.

Elric hunched his shoulders and ducked his head a little bit when he was scrutinized by the man with the monocle, almost like he was guilty of something. He couldn't be guilty of anything, but maybe he just didn't like strange people looking at him like that. The young man didn't look away though, and straightened up when he continued.

"No I'm not," he shot back immediately. He couldn't quite figure out what was up with this guy, and then he walked away and Elric was even more unsure. Well, kind of unsure, at any rate. He had an idea but no proof to it. Thought with no substance. A hunch.

He looked at Asuka, sighed, and followed, "I get the feeling those cats aren't exactly what they appear," he whispered to the girl as they followed and he took the punch but didn't drink quite yet. Elric just watched the white dressed man intently, waiting. At some point, his eyes

Elric's sister growled and heaved the two men back into the main room, letting them go immediately. The other man she didn't really care about, and instead she crouched over Aeolus and rested her hand on his shoulder and winced. The experience had made him very sick to his stomach, but she told herself it was better then being left in there, frozen. Even if it was only until the end of the party.

"I don't know what happened, but I think my brother is right. There's something wrong with this place," she explained where she was crouching next to him, glancing uneasily around at everyone. While before she had been uncaring about the weirdness, even sort of happy with everything, now finally she was a bit nervous. And then suddenly there was a cat.

Sable growled right back at the cat, shoulders bristling. Talk about an unfair fight, a human against a cat.

--------------------
PME-MailAIMYIM
Up to Top
Fury OD
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:49 PM

Bright eyes peered into Elric, then turned and peered into Asuka.

When the Stranger peered into Asuka's eyes, she instinctively looked away. It could have been shyness, or it could have been something else. The young girl threw her hands into her pockets and slowly looked back up. "What does he mean by that?"

The Girl remained silent. She looked up at Elric, sighed, and followed him as he followed the stranger. When Asuka received a comment about the cats not being what they appear to be, she looked up at the man with question marks for eyes. "They're not?"

The girl took the punch from the man, and began to swirl the red juice around as she rotated the glass in a circular motion.

--------------------

AMATERASU'S LAIR
RPs
PME-MailWebsite
Up to Top
Aeolus
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 11:52 AM

"Something...wrong..."

The cat flattened and its tail fluffed out. Its eyes went big and the creature showed its teeth in another growl, unwilling to back away from Sable. Aeolus stared at the cat, and then he shook his head, color bleeding back into his face.

"I think you're right. Get out of here! Shoo!" he cried, waving violently at the cat. At first, it only hissed and stepped back, and then the cat turned and bounded away. Aeolus gave a sigh of something like relief. "Should we leave? Where'd the others go? Where are my clothes..." He turned around, trying to remember where the strangers had ushered him when they put the suit on.

"Now, that was awful rude of ya."

Aeolus stiffened at the familiar voice. He turned to face the woman with the mismatched eyes who had danced with him. She was still in her dress, hands on her hips, eyes cold and appraising the two. "The cats here, they don't do anyone no harm. But if that one was hissin' at you, then certainly you were up to no good. Why's that door open?" Accusingly, she pointed to the double doors they'd gone through, and Aeolus followed her finger, baffled.

"I...I don't know," he stuttered, more bewildered by the minute. "That other guy went through and I was just trying to follow I guess..."

"You're not supposed to go in there," she scolded. "I was hoping I'd catch you before you did something like that..." The woman paused, then looked to Sable. It was much like all the others; there was something wary in her gaze, something questioning but fearful. "Who're you?"

"No, not at all!" the strange man exclaimed, pouring himself a cup of punch. He took a quick gulp of the drink and held it up in the palm of one hand, casually leaning against the table behind him. "They're no ordinary cats, to say the least. I have suspicions myself as to what they are, but I suppose time will tell. Right! So why don't you relax? I don't bite." He smiled approvingly at Asuka and Elric and filled his cup with juice again. "Can never be sure, always have to have it at least half-full..."

Someone called to him and waved, and he merrily waved back, smiling. "Now, have I introduced myself yet? No? I don't believe I have. Well, the name is Alastor Germain Weiss. I found this wonderous place a couple of months ago and have taken up something like residence since then. As to what's wrong with it, I couldn't say for certain. Personally, I don't think anything's wrong with it."

He took another sip of his drink and a shadow seemed to flit past behind him. "Some harmless shades, perhaps, the lingering wishes of past inhabitants distorting reality. Again, I can't be sure!" Once more, Alastor smiled, the gesture tinted with mischief. "But that's the conclusion I've drawn. It's not as if anybody minds. It's quite enchanting here once you get a grasp on the rules of the household."

Alastor nodded to a woman as she set down a couple of bags with potato chips and the like. She waved to Asuka and hesitantly nodded hello to Elric, and then she got up and sauntered away into the crowd to find someone to dance with. Yet another cat appeared, hopping onto the table for potato chips that hadn't been opened yet.

"So like I've said, I could be entirely wrong about this whole thing, but..."

He paused as he heard explosions in the sky.

So even with the human-lovers gone, they continue to foster their plague on this world.

Dark eyes glared down at the mansion with stinging hatred, lips set into a firm line. He thought the former owners of the house had been wiped out in the cataclysm of the Deathsaurer, no longer able to trouble the zoidian race with their foolish sentiments of 'human protection'. But here stood the mansion, teeming with life and festivity, the perfect setup for a new plan.

How kind of them to take in all these humans at once. It'll make my mission just a bit easier. He raised his head and glanced over the mountaintops, quiet. The town is small. Perhaps they won't be able to raise defenses adequate enough to combat me. He looked to the mound of snow beside him, then back down the incline toward the mansion. I will make this quick.

The Death Raser standing behind him had other concerns at hand. Its gaze was tilted to the sky to where the Bloodler and Pteras wheeled, the two peering through the snowy clouds to the whirling white depths below. The Bloodler barely caught sight of the Death Raser, and as soon as the two made eye contact, the Raser opened its jaws in a defiant scream. Alarmed, the Bloodler wheeled away to hide himself in the clouds, and the Pteras bumbled after him in an alarmed squawk.

The Raser opened fire on the intruders, lasers piercing the sky, missile pods flipping open and releasing the contents. The Bloodler wove around the shots; the Pteras went down with a screech. Below, Aeon watched the lights in the sky with grim understanding. All the other zoids seemed to share the same thought: there was going to be trouble tonight.
post#25*

--------------------
Up to Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Skin Etavarium designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone. Edited by Koneko.
Back to Top?

Liger's Union Blue Sky Rusty Salamander Blade Liger's Refuge Phenotype's Zoid Site Zoids Evolution Zoids Lair

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2491 seconds | Archive