Forbidden Region Rules (LW Standard)
GENERAL FORUM RULES
1.NO illegal activity, including bullying, racism, threats and drugs related dealings and pressure.
2.Have respect and be respected. Treat others how you want to be treated.
3. Do not contest admin/mod decisions openly, if you must do it, do it privatly via email or PM.
5.No jimmy junkers, dr.disturbings or spaztrees allowed. Also no praising such people.
6.Mods must give good reasons, with proof to up warning levels.
7.Make posts meaningful, more that 4 words please. Unless otherwise required.
8. ADVERTISNG is not tolerated on the board, keep PM advertising to a 5 person maximum, but only if they are your friend. If not and they contest it, you will be warned. Note, this is only for sites in direct COMPETITION with Latios World such as other pokemon based webistes, or sites that cover similar ground.
9.Take note of the rules above, they are the basics, Have fun. If you have been reminded of the rules, read the rules below carfully. Everyone is advised to read them.
EXTENDED AND REMINDER RULES
10.Do not double post outside of role play or the art sections (as space limitation is a problem here).
11. Do not discuss hackings, takeovers or anything else that may worry the admins. Unless you are condemming such people.
12.Do not use the word n00b or any variation of the word in referance to anyone except yourself.
13. Do not ask for your rank to be increased, this will lower your chance in some cases.
14.When making topics think about whether replies may be in violation of posting rules. If you think they will, just don't create the topic.
15.If you take a dislike to any member/moderator/administrator for any reason, you will be banned for displaying it. Keep rivalry and jealously away from the forum.
16. Do not spoil peoples fun. In forum games or anticipation.
17.Do not make topics outside of the club area in which only certain people can post. It is a forum, aside from restricted areas, anyone can post anywhere.
18. Accept any punishments, if you have been punished don't act like a small child. Live with it and learn from it.
19.Keep signatures as small as they possibly can be. We reccomend 50,000 bytes as a maximum, however you will not have it removed unless over 250,000 bytes. For worded signatures, under 9000 characters please, links allowed.
20. If you have been reminded of the rules, we sujest that you keep a fairly low profile. Three strikes and your out!
EDIT; Not an official rule, but no joint accounts please.
RULES FOR THE RULES
1.This is a forum with fairly laid back rules. However if you wissh just to join up to insult the current rules and make new 'better ones' you will be banned.
2.No asking to be an admin. We have had one case of a friendship being ruined becuase one would not make the other an admin. This will also result in a ban.
REGULAR USER PUNISHMENTS
Okay this will be set out in chances and conciquences. So number one will be if you break rule 1 ect.
1. Only two chances, the staff will decide your fate.
2. Considered minor, 8 chances before high profile action is taken
3>6. Very few chances, maybe only one. You will have to explain yourself
7.Many warnings, could result in a post count deduction for persistant offenders
8. Only three chances, also requires explaining.
10>12. Again, very few chances. 3 at the most.
13. Explains itself. Also threatening for the increase of your rank will be considered dangerous and you may be removed.
14. Removal of post. 4 chances.
15. One serious PM warning then a 10 day ban.
16. I'm sure other members will punish you for this one.
17. 2 PM warnings then a 5 day removal of posting permissions.
18. Well this will undoubtably cause a loss of respect amoung the other members.
19. May be removed. Ask an admin if you are concerned about your signature.
20. Stronger enforcement to persistant offenders.
I have devised some guidlenes for Mods. AND REMEMBER, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE SAME RULES AS EVERYONE ELSE AND SET A GOOD EXAMPLE, WHERE POSSABLE.
1. Banning members for a persistant offense.
-You can ban a member on their first day if they break a number of rules, but only for a certian number of hours. After this you can ban them depending on the offense itself.
-The exception to this is the breaking of rule 3, which immitiate deletion is required.
-You may delete posts if they are under 3 words in length and serve no liable service to the topic in hand. However it is advised just to inform the topic if discussion rather than delete.
-If a topic is resolved it is not means to delete it, if the resolved bin comes into place, move it there.
-Pointless topics amay be deleted any time, such as 'post here'.
3.Advertising the forum.
-I would advise not to directly violate rules on sites that take advertising seriously, as I know, doing so can land problems.
-Tellign friends is a very supported idea.
-Mods found abusing power will be questioned and may be banned for up to two days with a further 5 days without privilege if they cannot explain their actions.
Abusing power is;
*Forcing members to break rules, to gain the mod a reputation of kinds.
*Banning members for a pesonal dislike or vendetta, eg. fo no reason, member did not even slightly beak a rule
*editing the forum for the worse without permission (discluding permitted mistakes).
*No mod should argue wth members fiersly ( a slight disagreement is okay) o the point that it spams the forums.
-Moderators are obliged to answer the cries for help from any members.
-We must answer any non-persistant questions.
-we must advise members in a posative way, unless circumstances project otherwise.
So these are the 5 golden modding rules in a sense.
STAFF RULE BREAKERS (MODS AND ADMINS)
Okay this is only looking at the minor rules here. If an admin/s.mod/mod breaks any of the serious rules, then they should be dealt with like any other member. The only difference is that IKS should be consulted first. According to a post by sasori in another topic, a mod broke the three word rule a couple of times, this gave me the idea and the fact that other forums have them.
So the minor rules then, they are my old favourite, the 3 word rule, disrespect to other staff and ofcurse general disrespect and disregard for the board.
Lets get everyones favourite out of the way first. It is not that hard to make a post longer than 3 words, infact I think it takes longer to think how to sum it up in less than 3 words than it does to type in a longer sentence.
So it is true that the staff get more chances, its only fair as to join the staff, you must have done something special.
MODS; 2 extra chances
S.MODs; 3 extra chances
ADMINS; 4 extra chances
That is plenty of time to get your act together.
So say a mod does break the three word rule more than 8 times, what happens next? Well, first they get a choice of two things;
1.A short ban (around 12 hours)
2.The offending posts deleted.
The same applies if KF (our only S.mod at the moment) broke it 9 times, and don't worry KF, I don't think you will.
But then you may ask, but I'm just a moderator how do I punish an admin for breaking this rule? (This will only truely apply when we get more admins). Well lets just say, if an admin is foolish enough to break it 10 times after 10 warnings, then I have no idea why they are doing the job.
Now should this rare occurance ever happen then here is what you do;
1.Consult the main admin (IKS)
2.Ask for advice
3. GIven the go ahead you give them the following choices;
-A short ban (24 hours)
-A deduction of 50 posts
-No permissions for 9 days
Yep its true, we are not a strict forum. Other boards would delete straight away if this happened!
RULES REGARDING DISRESPECT
These are dealt with on a 3/4/5 strike system.
-Mods will have 3 strikes before they are off the team. DOn't worry though, if you can prove you have resolved the problem I'm sure IKS will allow you back.
-S.Mods;Same, but with four stirikes.
-Well if you were disrespectful that many times, I don't think IKS would allow you back into the team pat the rank of Mod. However, we acknowledge special circumstances. Email IKS for that
Please only use minor swear words (English standards), though censored, you may be warned for more serious swear words.