InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Filcosplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Cosplaying In Japan, cosplaying in Japan for real..
karlonne
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 10:49 AM

Group: Elite Member
Member No.: 101

battle chaser = pero come to think of it it can be very expensive...kc as far as i know only an individula or a group w/c is supported by some one can go to that event...sympre di na kasama si papa at si mama sa pag-catwalk mo...pero luckly ur in the international and national TV (i hope) ...pero masaya din na magsamasama tayo lahat kc we can show them what we really are made off
RetsuMarippe
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 11:28 AM

Autobot Air Guardian

Member No.: 150

karlonne: re-state ko lang ang sinabi ni Crowe:

1) World Cosplay Summit is a media-sponsored (TV Aichi) event that is more of a reality show or beauty pageant than an actual cosplay. First, the host country must apply to WCS, including a portfolio of past events organized plus a proposal of a venue where the Preliminary competition will be held.

From the preliminary, two representatives are chosen by TV Aichi. There were issues here in the past since it was not really a contest per say with a point system. Instead, it is more of a casting call. If you notice, a majority of the cosplayers chosen are attractive girls. It has been noted that the qualification and the judging criteria is more biased towards the cosplayer (physical attractiveness) as opposed to costume. Certain countries, like the United States after 2005, have decided not to join because of this reason.

what Crowe stated is true about WCS...that's how it goes. Usually media company din ang nag-a-apply for accreditation on WCS. Once accredited saka lang pwede magpadala ng representatives pero WCS din ang pipili sa huli, parang pageant nga ang dating eh...and that's final, we cannot argue with it nor complain it.

on the lighter side...kung magkakasama lang sa japan naggagala...aba! masaya yun...like battlechaser said:
oh, that would be so much fun, but only if it's with friends. with family it's different because they don't usually share the same interests but with similarly-interested friends it's like "WOW!" and "OOH!" XD and you'll see mostly everything in the same excited light, you could probably walk for hours and hours without getting tired, and probably not have to drag each other everywhere and just be contented with staying in akiba the entire stay. hehe. (it would be a shame though since you'll miss the rest of tokyo.)

sorry, my excitement must be making your monitors bleed.

well...i'm so ashamed on my part kasi di na ko lumabas ng shibuya nung andun ako...at least nagoya naka-apak pa ko kahit sandali pero di na ko nagkaroon ng chance makapunta ng akiba kasi business trip lang eh...and i shall return! hahahahaha! rofl.gif
prince_oshare
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 09:12 AM

Ruler of the Red Crayon

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 3,631

nyao! have anyoen ehre went to komiket last year? O__O gyaaa!!!! sna meron lol ahaha!! oke i went to komike last year it was held in kyoto, and another one was held in osaka. iei! i went there although i didn't cosplay. the difference about their cosplay in japan is that they dont produce contest that very much.. well sometiems there are contest liek the judge roam the convention* and pick the best lookign costume and award it later then.

as is aid convention most cosplay happen in conventions, meanign there are lots of stuff advertisements a swell.
And the differenc eis. it can accomodate thousand of cosplayer i think.. lmao i dunno cos conventions are big.

And there are ongoign shows as well, and the price to pay is the chair. another addition price if you order anotherchair lol

there's registration as well for cosplayers who;s going. and even camera peopel shud register..peopel who's goign as photographers.

and cosplay just odnt happen in conventions. it happens everyday and everywhere, nippon no dori to machi.

as i think her ein philipin, it's sitll not mainly popular nto even mainstreama s well, although it has been televised frequently ne? o.o'

cos one of my classmates told me they sawe cosplay in tv.

is itll think cosplayign ehre in japan sitll needs more popularity, but so far now it's fairly equal. demo mada, ouen ga hitsuyou.

hopefulyl also next World Cosplay Summit philipin is joining ne! id lvoe to see that gyaaa!! someoen shud register and participat... thsi year, france won. and it wa sheld in nagoya.
azikiel
  Posted: Aug 23 2007, 09:27 AM

still admires you

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,901

QUOTE (prince_oshare @ Aug 23 2007, 09:12 AM)
nyao! have anyoen ehre went to komiket last year? O__O gyaaa!!!! sna meron lol ahaha!! oke i went to komike last year it was held in kyoto, and another one was held in osaka. iei! i went there although i didn't cosplay. the difference about their cosplay in japan is that they dont produce contest that very much.. well sometiems there are contest liek the judge roam the convention* and pick the best lookign costume and award it later then.

as is aid convention most cosplay happen in conventions, meanign there are lots of stuff advertisements a swell.
And the differenc eis. it can accomodate thousand of cosplayer i think.. lmao i dunno cos conventions are big.

And there are ongoign shows as well, and the price to pay is the chair. another addition price if you order anotherchair lol

there's registration as well for cosplayers who;s going. and even camera peopel shud register..peopel who's goign as photographers.

and cosplay just odnt happen in conventions. it happens everyday and everywhere, nippon no dori to machi.

as i think her ein philipin, it's sitll not mainly popular nto even mainstreama s well, although it has been televised frequently ne? o.o'

cos one of my classmates told me they sawe cosplay in tv.

is itll think cosplayign ehre in japan sitll needs more popularity, but so far now it's fairly equal. demo mada, ouen ga hitsuyou.

hopefulyl also next World Cosplay Summit philipin is joining ne! id lvoe to see that gyaaa!! someoen shud register and participat... thsi year, france won. and it wa sheld in nagoya.

oist! hello.. hahahaha.. astig ba thread ko.. wala lang.. gusto ko lang malaman mga iniisip ng ibang tao ukol sa topic na ito.
RetsuMarippe
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 09:52 AM

Autobot Air Guardian

QUOTE (prince_oshare @ Aug 23 2007, 09:12 AM)

prince_oshare: we're looking forward for that also. thanks for the info dude.biggrin.gif

azikiel: can you reply without using the "quote" button? smile.gif
ac_enigma
Posted: Aug 26 2007, 03:05 AM

yun nakita ko din!!! bwahahaha!!!!

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 3,864

yup takes too match space w/o any comments "dont get me wrong dude" tama ba spelling ko heheheh!!!!

i prefer pinoy touch in there costume kahit na japanize ang theme hehehe!!!
try to compete in other country's!!! to live out the spirits hehehe!!!
RetsuMarippe
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 11:25 AM

Autobot Air Guardian

dapat siguro ganito eh:

yup it takes too much space w/o any comments

then:

i prefer pinoy touch in their costumes kahit na japanese ang theme.
try to compete in other countries

sensya na ha...i'm getting too irritated with bad grammar nowadays.

at eto pa, quote ko lang ang isa sa mga rules dito...:

9. Signature images must be kept strictly within the 640pixels (width) and/or 160pixels (height) dimension (or any size within 102,400 pixels) limit with maximum of 50kb size. Any kind of images that goes beyond the prescribed dimensions and/or caused a popup login box to show up will be removed/deleted. We recommened using image compression format like JPEG (.JPG), GIF (.GIF) and PING (.PNG). Only ONE image signature will be allowed to minimize page load lag.

pero eto naman ang nakita ko:
user posted image

sorry sa OT...
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3726 seconds | Archive

This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Edited by eva_guy and rien