Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Filcosplay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (20) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Mecha Talk, tambayan ng mga mecha cosplayers,
khell_ferraro
  Posted: Feb 16 2007, 12:46 PM

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 2,957

devil gundam? ok yun gawin.
ZNSLV-RX103 Heiki
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 09:38 PM

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 2,830

@Eva_Guy - Oh that was for the Tachikoma. I got your APU and Tachikoma mixed up there.

Now that you mention it, when UAM mentioned about putting exhaust in a mecha, I remembered a youtube vid of a Strike Freedom Gundam cosplayer in Japan that had exhaust effects. I saw another Strike Freedom costume with wings that would open from a switch on the chest. Cant remember the links though. I just searched gundam cosplay on youtube.

Anyway back to mecha chit chat, a usual thing to ask for us who chose this kinda cosplay: Why mecha?
polidread
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 07:15 AM

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 53

we love the challenge of making it real , and we have the necessary skills to overcome the challenge, so why not mecha?
(most mecha cosplayers dont have the satisfactory sewing skills
anyway, so let's work on what things we are more familiar with!)

most of us arent pretty or sexy boys, so we cant go cosplaying as bishonens (cosplaying as mecha indicates our passion for precision in costumes, so we might already have an idea which cosplay does and doesnt fit our body type tongue.gif and a bishonen cosplay almost always doesnt fit us! hehehe)
geneakizuki
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 10:09 AM

Gene Starwind

Group: Elite Member
Member No.: 856

QUOTE (polidread @ Feb 17 2007, 07:15 AM)
we love the challenge of making it real , and we have the necessary skills to overcome the challenge, so why not mecha?

most of us arent pretty or sexy boys, so we cant go cosplaying as bishonens (cosplaying as mecha indicates our passion for precision in costumes, so we might already have an idea which cosplay does and doesnt fit our body type tongue.gif and a bishonen cosplay almost always doesnt fit us! hehehe)

^

I definately agree with that. I dont have the face or the b**ls to cosplay any bishie male char so I go for armored or mecha costume.

@poli

I want to ask this to you for a long time but I sorta forget. How did you design the Zaku Girl? I mean, how did you convert the macho Zaku mecha in to a sexy costume? Im planning to do the same thing with my Auto-Vajin costume.
ZNSLV-RX103 Heiki
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 10:44 AM

most of us arent pretty or sexy boys, so we cant go cosplaying as bishonens (cosplaying as mecha indicates our passion for precision in costumes, so we might already have an idea which cosplay does and doesnt fit our body type  and a bishonen cosplay almost always doesnt fit us! hehehe)

Amen to that Poli. You have summarized what mecha cosplaying is all about. Main keywords we learned from Poli: CHALLENGE and PRECISION. I guess you can also add that it's also because we simply love the mecha and armor genre. Liking what you do and the mecha you're doing is a big motivation to make it real.

@Gene - Amen to that too bro. Cosplaying bishie characters takes a lots and lots of guts, and even more guts. Wearing a mask in armor or mecha is fun. Para kang superhero na nagtatago ng identity. tongue.gif
geneakizuki
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 10:48 AM

Gene Starwind

^

But mecha costume is not for everyone. You have to battle challenges like heat, and the constant threat of someone or something destroying your costume before tha catwalk.
UAM
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 09:59 PM

Member No.: 2,668

But mecha costume is not for everyone. You have to battle challenges like heat, and the constant threat of someone or something destroying your costume before tha catwalk.

I agree with the heat problem, however you can either get used to it or do something about it, gaya ng MAU ko sa LU Live, may fan sa loob

Ung dun nman sa mga nakakainis na maninira na walang paki-alam, hindi tlg maiwasan un ksi people tend to make galaw galaw on something cool like our costumes, or maybe nsa ugali pa din nila ung childish harassment nila sa mga mascots. ung parang bata na sinisipa si grimace sa birthday party sa mcdo or ung kawawang jolibee na pinapalo-palo.
polidread
Posted: Feb 17 2007, 11:04 PM

Group Icon

When working on any mecha/armor costume, no matter how fantastic it is - youd still have to take into consideration your own body type.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Pol...ternPhysa01.jpg

the Gundam and Zaku MobileSuitGirls work on Emphasizing the Obviously Attractive Feminine parts of the cosplayer, while also working with the mecha's existing design tongue.gif this is clearly seen with the original Japanese designer's visions:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Kay...res/GalGund.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Kay...res/GalZaku.jpg

MAU/UAM:
the thing about mecha is: It often has weapons, and when youve lost your patience with people, you can jokingly hit them with it and not be blamed for doing so either. tongue.gif tongue.gif
geneakizuki
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 10:56 AM

Gene Starwind

^

Thanks for that tip poli. gun.gif

I would like to ask the veteran mecha cosplayers: Do you guys get more fangirls? rinoakiss.gif
polidread
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 03:22 PM

Group Icon

nope. what we get are fanboys.

those who love the suit and wanna be just like us.

(sweaty under layers of cardboard, styro and rubber armor)

but as with all hyperspecialized pursuits: mecha / armor cosplays = many are called but few are chosen.
ZNSLV-RX103 Heiki
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 04:06 PM

If a girl is a mecha enthusiast it's possible but like Poli said a mecha cosplayer's fanbase are actual mecha fans, which are usually guys.
geneakizuki
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 06:01 PM

Gene Starwind

^

Hahaha, and I thought chick dig big guns, big swords and big armors.

Does anyone here in the Phils. cosplayed the biggest mecha that I know, the SDF-1 from Macross?
UAM
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 10:19 PM

Member No.: 2,668

un ba ung space battleship na nagtratransform? maganda sana un gawin pero it might not reach on your expected size. and speaking of macross, meron atang gumawa ng VF-1 na kayang mag fighter, gerwalk, and battroid mode. ung fighter pang display lng, pero ung gerwalk at batroid pwede costume form.
user posted image

user posted image
polidread
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 06:21 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (geneakizuki @ Feb 18 2007, 06:01 PM)
^

Hahaha, and I thought chick dig big guns, big swords and big armors.

Does anyone here in the Phils. cosplayed the biggest mecha that I know, the SDF-1 from Macross?

1st sentence: that's what men wanna believe.

2nd sentence: wala pa sa Phils ang nag cosplay ng Macross, pero sa ibang bansa meron na.... hanapin ko pic nun later....

and far as i remember, nobody's cosplayed any transforming mecha here yet...
unless may mga balak magtransform sa kanilang mga upcoming Autobots cosplay...
eva_guy01
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:04 AM

Hey Pretty, seen ya lately?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

^That would be a good target: transformable mecha cosplays. Now on how to do it while not spilling one's guts all over the stage...

Me and a friend of mine used to play around the idea of cosplaying the SDF-1, but our momentum got shot down when Battlechaser suggested we stick to do the ship form, so that the open flat top can be used as a cocktail table for other cosplayers. rofl.gif

And i agree with Poli, mecha is mostly a guy thing. Sure the girls will be awed by your presence, but trust me, stick beside a bishie anime character cosplayer, and watch them run away from you.

Here's a secret: If you want girls to be attracted to your mecha, build a mecha that is usually piloted by a popular bishie. Why do you think Gundam Wing and Seed's are immediately popular by both sexes? For the guys, its a tech feat, for the girls so they can feel that they're close to the pilot if they get close to the mecha.

Of course that rather sexist comment of mine is prone to debate, so to be in the safe side, just cosplay what makes you happy.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (20) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0404 seconds · Archive

This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Edited by eva_guy and rien