Now, I don't like to be anal about rules, and I generally figure people can get by on common sense, so I won't go on too long here.
1. Respect other people. This applies especially to mods and admins, but not exclusively. If you are found generally being a douche, you will be warned, repeat offenses will result in a ban.
2. Watch out for godmodding. It's an easy thing to slip into, and in a setting such as this, it'll be easier than ever to do it without even meaning to. Try to watch out for that. If someone points out that you've godmodded, please edit your post.
3. Keep the boards to a generally PG-13 rating. I don't object to swearing, but please fade to black if you have a sex scene. If you want to get really in close and personal RPing with another player, have some private message sex with them. Or find their address and go fuck them in person. Just not on the boards.
There is an exception to this in the Underground board. If you wish to use this board, ask Uber for the password. If he decides you are mature enough, you will be let in.
4. Absolutely no canon characters. While this is a Marvel Universe, and all the characters you read about in the comics exist, you can not play them, even as NPCs. You may make reference to them in character, but they will be perpetually elsewhere, unless you have a specific plot that has been approved by an admin.
5. When writing a post, length is important. If nothing happens in the post, it's useless, and if the post goes on forever, people will get bored reading it. So, try to make your posts like a miniskirt. Long enough to cover the subject, short enough to keep it interesting. A post of a single line is sometimes appropriate, but not often. A post of 3 pages in Word is pretty much never appropriate. Use your head.
6. Remember, this is a place for recreation. Don't take it too seriously. At the same time, take it seriously enough that other people can still roleplay and have their fun.