Photobucket

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Demon High. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Darbyville Academy
is a school unlike any other. You won't only find lessons in Math or Chemistry here; you'll also find a small community of outcasts, people born or raised with special powers or abilities, that set them apart from the rest of society. People who might be persecuted or humiliated because of their powers.

But in Darbyville Academy they can find a place of solace and learning, where they are taught to control their abilities and intergrate into society.

Of course, the school can't remain a total secret and some 'normal' people don't like the fact that thes students could be part of a 'super army' that could easily knock out any military force currently in operation. There have been attacks on the school, both physically and socially.

However, by and by, the students live happy and normal lives - as normal as they can. At Darbyville Academy it's not unlikely to encounter werewolves, wizards, angels and demons; hence the students nickname: Demon High.

--

If you have a question, feel free to PM an admin account.

These links are very important, and should become your Bible; love them, read them and best of all, use them!

Rules.
Plot.
Character Application Sheet.
Face Claim.
FAQ.
Spell Check
Open Threads

All of the staff will be happy to answer any questions you have; just PM them on their staff account:

Amanda - Head Admin.

Tim - Admin.
Brooke - Admin.
Tom - Admin.
Sam - Admin.
Chris - Admin.
Vampy - Admin.

Other Staff

Help us expand by placing our button on your site!
Our Button

-----

RPGCollection

Domhan

Hollow Life

Photobucket

Everything on this site, including the name, graphics, plot and any administrative content, is copyright to the owner and cannot be reproduced without permission. If you do rip this site, the owner will hunt you down, and kick your ass. All content that is produced by any member is copyrighted to them and cannot be reproduced without their permission under any circumstances; this includes bios, plot pages and graphics.

main site graphics;; © to Chris.
side bar code (editted by torrigan);; © admin of i&e.
main site idea and construction;; amanda

Read the IC C-Box Rules before posting in it! This C-Box is for In Character chatting ONLY. If you have questions about the board, please mosey on down to the bottom of the page, where our general C-Box is located.

PoA's RPG Play by Post Topsites List

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

This Is My Reaction To Everything I Fear, -Open-
Jade Ferrington
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 12:25 AM

Group Icon

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 1,303

Jade listened as the girl seemed to deride her ability to be in front of people. Why would anyone not want to be in front of people during a performance? She was easily reminded of the Wizard of Oz, Don't look behind the curtain.

The girl smiled bemusedly at the comment, and shifted her weight onto her palms as she sat suspended slightly above the stage in a a seated position. “I'm sure you'd do fine in front, with colored lighting, most people wouldn't be able to tell who was up there anyways.”

The girl then mentioned that she hadn't heard Jade sing, which was true, but it also made Jade have to eat some humble pie. Although, she liked performing in front of people, she also wasn't crazy about singing in front of a small group, because they were more likely to criticism your practice. This however, didn't deter her. She smiled, and stood up, now with a large dusty patch on her butt. She shook it off, and then began to think about what she should sing for the girl.

Jade hadn't been overly great at playing the piano, but she was good at singing, so she figured, she should sing something that would sound good regardless of if the song was accompanied or not accompanied.

Jade stood center stage, closing her eyes as she began to sing the song. She remembered singing this song often when she was alone and on the streets. She always had a feeling she wouldn't be alone for ever. How self fulfilling hope can be.

“Dreams to dream, in the dark of the night.
When the world goes wrong, I can still make it right.
I can see so far in my dreams, I'll follow my dreams
until they come true.”

“Come with me, you will see what I mean.
There's a world inside, no one else ever sees.
You will go so far in my dreams
somewhere in my dreams, your dreams will come true.”

“There is a star waiting to guide us
shining inside us when we close our eyes.”

“Don't let go, if you stay close to me
In my dreams tonight, you will see what I see
Dreams to dream as near as can be, inside you and me
will always come true.”

Jade finished the song, trying to keep herself from becoming teary eyed. It was a song she held close to her, because she had to for so long. It was one of the few things that kept her from failing to achieve her goals.
Nympha Rose Lilina
Posted: Dec 18 2011, 01:10 PM

[A]rtist [E]xtraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,510

Part of the problem was truthfully Nympha didn't know how she would do she react if she was ever put on stage in front of people. Hell she didn't know if she would just freeze up. She had never thought of that being a possibility before but now that thought had entered her head she couldn't get it out. Sure she could perform in front of an empty room fine, she could act, dance and sing flawlessly in front of an empty room. To fill the room with faces though...She wasn't quite sure how she'd take that. Either way Jade seemed okay with it so Nympha could probably hide behind her. Especially if instruments were needed. She would very happily hide behind an instrument. A guitar, a piano, a violin, pretty much whatever was needed. Nymphs knew a great variety instruments very well.

As Jade begun to sing Nympha couldn't help but smile, she loved seeing others perform. Okay maybe hypocritical considering if anyone had even come close to seeing Nympha perform she cut off before they really had a chance. On a couple of occasions even denying it had been her singing. There was still something about a stage and music that seemed to make people come alive. Seemed to make them show whatever emotion that was connected to the song they where singing. She also found that when she asked people to sing the song wasn't a random choice. It was something that they felt a link to, something that meant something to them.

That was one of the many things she loved about music. It was so very revealing.

“That was beautiful.” Nympha said with a rare smile. “You really have a very good voice.” She said her smile lingering for a second before she moved her gaze back down, hiding back behind the comforts of the shield of her hair. “I suppose if we're going to put on a show then we need some where to do it...I know this room is always free but I think somewhere people could dance would be better.” Nympha spoke though it did seem she was speaking half to herself, as she fiddled absent-mindedly with her overly long sleeves, she didn't want Jade to think that she wasn't speaking to her though. Nympha was just to use being by herself. “What do you think? Do you have any ideas for a place?” Nympha spoke only tilting her eyes a little bit towards Jade.

Most of her face still hidden by her hair. As was pretty much usual.
Photobucket
Jade Ferrington
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 10:01 PM

Group Icon

Jade thought about the question for a moment, while she blushed noticeably. She liked being praised for sounding beautiful, but it was something that she couldn't help but also be shy of. She rarely had the chance to share the talent in front of people. She waved the praise away, and nodded a bow gently with her head. “It's been a long time since I've been able to perform in front of a crowd, but I've heard the school has an auditorium, it's bigger than this room, but it would require a severe cleaning to be used.”

Jade thought about it a moment and then remembered that the art teacher used to be a bassist and guitarist for a band. She smiled wide, “we could ask the art teacher to accompany us, she used to play in a professional band. That would be fun.”

The girl seemed to bounce on her toes a second at the thought of the idea. Then she remembered that the girl had mentioned that she thought they should be somewhere they could dance. “Or the ballroom. We could hold it there. People can dance in the ballroom.”

Jade began to think about what she would wear to such an event. She would want to look punk gothic or something a mixture of cute and dark. Jade was oddly fond of cute and dark things, even though she could look positively candy coated at times. She had been in love with shopping since she had gotten the funding for her scholarship to the school. Because of them, she had thrived here. And they had helped to sand the edges with her family over the years.

Jade twirled on the stage and stopped herself with her left foot. She stopped facing her new friend, which she hoped the girl was ok being called a friend. Jade extended a hand, “I hope your ok with being called a friend, because I consider you one.”

Jade breathed in and coughed when the dust that she had kicked up went into her mouth. She held her hand up and coughed into her other hand. She looked a bit mortified, but when she began to speak, she sounded throaty and dry, like one of those lounge singers who smoked too much.

“Sorry. I should be more careful with this room full of dust. If I had known this room was so dusty and prone to being dusty, I would have brought a dust mop with me.”
Nympha Rose Lilina
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 01:26 PM

Group Icon

As far as the school went Nympha had explored most of it, she found she had a lot of free time on her hands, especially recently but she had never been a really big sleeper. Most the time it honestly felt like there were too many hours in the day. Even so Nympha was not scared of a little hard work. She never had been really, kept her busy, took up some of her too many spare hours. She had been use to cleaning when she had lived back home as well. If she hadn't then the whole house would be a wreck, she didn't think she had ever seen her mother pick up a hoover or duster in her life. Nympha still worried about her mother, she never cooked, didn't clean and honestly Nympha didn't know how the woman would be taking care of herself. Mind the last she had heard Sara was living in hotels on a tour of galleries showing her work. She supposed that hotels did all that for you.

“I dunno I quite like the idea of the auditorium.” Nympha mused. The place seemed like more of a blank canvas. Somewhere that hadn't been used in a while and once was clean they could add a bit of their own touch too. She supposed really that could be done just about anywhere though. If nothing else her illusionary powers let her make the most extraordinary sets. “Either way I'm not afraid of a bit of cleaning.” Nympha said passing her gaze to Jade for just a second with a weak smile.

Nympha had met the art teacher on occasion, she seemed nice not that they had met under ideal circumstances. Nympha didn't know she had any musical talent though, let alone she use to be in a band. Not that they had really been able to have that sort of discussion. Nympha had been barely conscious for half of their meeting. “It would be good to get someone in who has an idea of how to organize it properly and if she would like to join us in performing that would be all the better.”

As far as clothing went for Nympha she would probably just wear what she always wore. She didn't really do the whole shopping or dressing up thing. It wasn't that she was particular against it or anything. She was an artist though, she was more use to being covered in paint or ink then on show. Yes she had her own style but she didn't really have what people would class as 'nice' clothing.

However as Jade mentioned about her classing Nympha as a friend the girl became a little awkward. It wasn't that she didn't class Jade as a friend, she did, it was just Nympha was still pretty awkward talking about that stuff. Before Nympha had a chance to respond though Jade kicked up some dust, causing Nympha to cough a little blinking back some of the dust from her eyes. “Don't worry about it.” Nympha said as Jade apologized, her voice still slightly rasped from the dust, though she was obviously trying to hide it. [/b] “You'd think this school would have a janitor or something?”[/b] Nympha more musing then asking an actual question as it just occurred to her she had never actually seen any form of cleaner round the school.
Photobucket
Jade Ferrington
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 09:15 PM

Group Icon

The musical notes that left her lips at the mention of the school needing a janitor. Nympha was right, they never saw a janitor. Perhaps the place relied on the school staff and students to clean the place up. What an awkward predicament. How many teens wanted to clean anything up? Not many, except for Aran K. Ziota. She didn't like dirt, dust, or grime. They stuck to her badly. So badly in fact, that she showered more than anyone Jade had ever met before.

Smiling bemused, ”We could always ask somebody, but it would seem kind of obvious that the school doesn't have one.”

Jade walked up to the piano and tinkled with the keys a moment, and curled her lips up. Music had it's own way of putting a soul into flight. Something Jade had always enjoyed about it. It had qualities in and of itself, as though it was gifted with a spirit of it's own by being placed in the air by the performer.

Music was like poetry for the hands and lips. It came out in notes that even the best amongst them couldn't quite figure out why. As though the heavens allowed the energies within to speak through the outlet.

As though pondering this rhythmic language of the soul, Jade began to whisper to herself quietly, “Oh, my heart you sing. Into the air, you share your sorrows and your praises. The life, a gift, the song it's thankfulness. Like that of an eagle in flight.”

While she thought about these words, her fingers flowed over the keys, feeling the notes, more than finding them with her eyes. She hadn't been a huge piano player, she wasn't really that knowledgeable about it, but periodically she toyed with it by ear. So here she was improvising something to go along with her inspired words. If only her father and mother wanted her in their lives. They may have sent her gifts at christmas, but they did not ask for her to come home. Were they ashamed of her or of themselves?

Jade stopped, her eyes closed. Drops seeping down the skin clearing the remaining film of dust from her face. She breathed in deep as she stopped. “I'm Sorry.”
Nympha Rose Lilina
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 02:52 PM

Group Icon

Nympha had always loved music, it was a haven for her, a way to hide when she needed to. With music she could show only what she wanted to show and at the same time it was a release. She could pour any emotion she wanted into her music and best of all she found most people these days often couldn't read the subtle emotion in music. Few in this school also seemed to have little appreciation for the arts, most seemed more preoccupied with fighting and training, two things that admittedly did not appeal much too Nympha.

Although Nympha did not quite catch Jade's words one thing was obvious, what ever those words had been had put some obviously unpleasant thoughts in the girls head as tears were now creeping down her cheeks washing away some of the thin layer of dust on Jades cheeks.

Now if there was one thing Nympha could not deal with it was crying. It wasn't that she hated people crying or that it embarrassed her or anything. She simply didn't know what she was meant to do. She didn't know whether to console them or simply change the subject. She didn't know what the other person expected her to do or what they wanted, truthfully she had only ever really encounter one or two people crying and both times it had not ended well. Nympha herself had never really cried in front of anyone, even among friends she liked to try to keep her emotions to herself, it wasn't that she thought emotions weak, it was just that when most children leaned to interact with others Nympha had kept to herself.

“It's...erm okay.” Nympha spoke after a moment or two of hesitation, trying to hide some of her awkwardness but not doing a very good job. “If you want to talk about whatever it was that made you...ummm...you know, then I can listen, if not we can always change the subject.” Nympha said still shifting a little awkwardly. Hoping that Jade wouldn't take offence too her not knowing what to do.

She really did suck at things like this.
Photobucket
Jade Ferrington
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:05 PM

Group Icon

Jade wiped the tears from her eyes, as she noticed the other girl flustered by the situation. It seemed as though the other girl wasn't sure what to do with someone who was emotionally compromised. She did her best to bring her emotions under control, “I just haven't seen my family in a while. I probably never would have found this school had it not been for a scholarship for people like me. My family kicked me out on the streets before I came here.”

She breathed in deeply and let the energy go, and then opened them again. It could be seen that Jade wasn't sure how her family felt about her, but she didn't plan to worry too much. She would wait for them to make the moves that would prove wether they had accepted her or not. They had been so sure of her being what they thought they had at birth, to have this was both a blessing a curse (for different parties involved the perception was different).

“I get lost in my emotions a lot, so don'y be too worried when that happens,” she said, trying to smile. She looked a bit off-center still, but she was at least trying to make the other person feel better. She didn't like the idea that the other person felt at unease. It was one of those things she didn't like so much. Jade could be quite dark and introverted sometimes, so she had to work to make the people around her feel happy.

Oh, if only she could be like that whimsical girl who loved flowers and could purify stuff. That girl always seemed happy, even when things were down. What a personality that would be to be able to be happy all the time, how would that change the way people perceived her?

She would try to concentrate on the present, being in the past was not really a good place to be. There was no need to go too deep into very much, especially the situations that brought her here to this school. Hardship, nights in the rain, street gangs, homelessness, struggling to finish high school while dealing with those; it had been a real hard life for her. She was glad to be happy when she could be.

“So, do you have any hobbies? Ya know, like handicrafts. I like to make stuff as well as play music. I'm especially fond of metal work and stuff.”
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Options Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2198 seconds | Archive

No Flaming - No Swearing - No Flooding - No Spamming - No Advertisting

Demon High and all its content (apart from characters and personal plots which belong to their creators) © Amanda More. Steal anything from here and she'll karate kick you in the face.