zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Custodes Eternal. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My Tau Mini Project
Ethereal the Shadow
Posted: May 16 2013, 12:27 PM

+ Cold Gingerbeer +
Group Icon

Group: Marshal
Member No.: 5

Some pics of my new Tau:

Shas'vre Shasvesa:

user posted image

Plus I've added their Sept colour to my commander's helmet:

user posted image

For thoses not familiar with tau colour schemes my army wears traditional tau desert armour with Sa'cea Sept markings. (However my commander wears flamboyant white instead.)

user posted image
big g
Posted: May 17 2013, 09:30 AM

+ Angry Templar +
Group Icon

Group: Custodian
Member No.: 2

Nice. I'm loving the colours you have used.
Ethereal the Shadow
Posted: May 20 2013, 07:06 AM

+ Cold Gingerbeer +
Group Icon

I agree, I'm finding the sandy tau scheme a refreshing change of pace from my usually more drab or pale colour schemes; The best part is that I could put my army up next to a more traditional Tau army and still tell them apart whilst also blending in. laugh.gif

Any who, I've just finished up painting my next Shas'vre:

Shas'vre Mal

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Like all the Shas'vre (or Higher) ranks that will be in my army he has his name written upon his armour in the Tau language.

And Like all Shas'vre he has a backstory linking him to the other Shas'vre and El'M'yenkais which I'll post up after I finish painting the final "Lieutenant" in this Cadre: Shas'vre Mont'ng
big g
Posted: May 20 2013, 08:11 AM

+ Angry Templar +
Group Icon

Group: Custodian
Member No.: 2

That's a seriously bad ass model EtS. How does it compare to the GK Dreadknight? Roughly the same size?
Ethereal the Shadow
Posted: May 20 2013, 02:54 PM

+ Cold Gingerbeer +
Group Icon

Thought it's only a rough comparison (As I've never seen a dreadknight in person) It's about 1 1/2 the size of an eldar wraithlord and pretty much twice the size of a standard crisis suit. so yeah it's big happy.gif
Ethereal the Shadow
Posted: May 27 2013, 02:18 AM

+ Cold Gingerbeer +
Group Icon

Well here's Mont'ng finally painted:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

My Tau command now done (I'll base them when the army is done; It'll keep things consistant.)

Now for the Fluff:

Though they had fought together for years it wasn't until Sub-commander prodigy received his first solo command that these four's saga truly began. Prodigy's Cadre was but one of many in Commander Invincibleshield's Contingent; assigned to the protection of the colonists as they made their way to the Zeist system. Along the way thet came across an Ork attack on an eldar exodite world; Unable to turn a blind eye the Commander ordered his latest student Prodigy to take a couple of cadres and engage the ork threat. This was to be his first command. After launching many successful raids against the orks victory was finally theirs when an Eldar fleet answered the call of their maiden world. As a thank you gesture the Farseer had the bonesingers craft a special ceremonial sword especially crafted for the raw commander; though few saw it strange that he singled out in such a way.

Returning to the fleet they arrived to find their forced on the losing side of the Ultramarines attack. Jumping into the fray Prodigy attempted a daring boarding action against the Ultramarine's flagship alas his boarding craft was shot down; scattering his cadre with the debris. Helpless Prodigy could only watch as the Ultramarines cleansed the prime world of the Tau; it was a miracle that his suit's airtight seal was still intact but this only meant a long painful wait for help that would likely never come.

Oxygen running low when Prodigy saw the Eldar craft appear as if from nowhere he thought he was seeing things, it wasn't until he was brought on board that it came clear that this was real. Gathering what survivors they could the Eldar Pirates quickly left the Zeist system before they drew the attention of the Imperials; Of the Cadre's under his command their was only three other survivors: Kindleblaze, Onestrike and Bug. Though not once speaking in a dialect that they could understand the pirates dropped the four off at the nearest Tau colony then disappeared as quickly as they came. To honour their fallen comrades the four swore a pledge to one another through the sacred bonding ritual of Ta'lissera, though it is rumoured that they also swore another; more personal pledge: Vengeance against the one who betrayed them.

Well I hope you enjoyed that brief introduction to my Cadre's Commanders. Next up are the Shas'ui: 5 crisis suits and 2 more broadsides... Though I might be a bit delayed by the new Eldar when they arrive biggrin.gif
Ethereal the Shadow
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 01:39 AM

+ Cold Gingerbeer +
Group Icon

Well I've definitely been distracted by the new Eldar (among other things like dodgy internet connections). I've added a Wraithknight to my old Eldar collection:

user posted image

user posted image

Purdy huh?

Oh course I'm still chipping away at my Tau collection

user posted image

two Crisis Shas'ui down, three Crisis and two broadsides to go til i'm up to the infantry.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0362 seconds · Archive