InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Cult Tv Boards. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Battlestar Galactica ~ Doctor Who ~ Heroes ~ Lost ~ Smallville ~ Stargate Atlantis ~ Supernatural ~ Alias ~ Babylon 5 ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer ~ Farscape ~ Firefly ~ Stargate SG1 ~ Star Trek ~ The X Files ~ 24 ~ CSI ~ Criminal Minds ~ Numb3rs ~ Without A Trace ~ Dexter ~ Law & Order ~ The Shield ~ The Wire ~ ER ~ Grey's Anatomy ~ House ~ NYPD Blue ~ The West Wing ~ and much much more
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Homeland
little pixie
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 01:54 PM

Pink Mousey - Live the Dream
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 141

Claire Danes political thriller 'Homeland' to air on Channel 4

Monday, July 18 2011, 11:06 BST

By Alex Fletcher, TV

Claire Danes and Damian Lewis's much-anticipated Showtime political thriller Homeland will air on Channel 4.

Loosely based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series Prisoners of War, it centres on a US soldier (Lewis) taken prisoner in Iraq in 2003.

Danes plays CIA officer Carrie Anderson, who is convinced that the soldiers' return is set up and that the new national hero is working with Al-Qaeda to launch an attack on US soil.

Mandy Patinkin (Criminal Minds) and David Harewood (Blood Diamond) will also star.

Channel 4's chief creative officer Jay Hunt described Homeland as a "compelling contemporary thriller".

The broadcaster also revealed today that it has picked up the rights to comedy series Napoleon Dynamite, Zooey Deschanel's New Girl, animation Allen Gregory and James Van Der Beek's Apartment 23.

Looking forward to this one. smile.gif
prophecy girl
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 09:07 AM

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

ponder.gif I will have a look
prophecy girl
Posted: Jul 22 2011, 09:14 AM

Group Icon

'Homeland' at Comic-Con

video
prophecy girl
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 11:57 AM

Group Icon

'Homeland' premieres to nearly 2m on Channel 4

article
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 05:23 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 113

Homeland 1x01

Guardian Episode 1 Blog:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tva...and-episode-one

Very good opening episode I thought. smile.gif

I stayed away from most of the pre-publicity so didn't now it was a cable ( Showtime ) rather than a network production so wasn't expecting some of its more graphic aspects. ohmy.gif wink.gif Hopefully this means its less likely to get cancelled prematurely.

Great cast, I think Damien Lewis is a cracking actor and the Claire Danes character seems very promising, a touch of the Lund about her ? ponder.gif
little pixie
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 04:42 PM

Group Icon

^^ Ditto. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Shall stay away from reading anything about it though, seeing as the finale`s already aired in the US. ponder.gif

Looking forward to ep 2 . smile.gif
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 06:10 PM

Group Icon

Guardian Episode 2 Blog:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tva...one-episode-two

The blog has a link to a twitter feed which may be Damien Lewis where he says that the suspicious finger-jazzing is actually the theme tune to Match of The Day. laugh.gif

I wasn't sure watching the episode but the blog suggests some of the flash backs may be really dreams which would cast doubt on everything we've seen in flash back. ponder.gif

My sympathy was much more with Brody this week, Carrie beginning to come across pretty creepy.
little pixie
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 07:04 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fangy and grrr @ Feb 29 2012, 06:10 PM)
Guardian Episode 2 Blog:

The blog has a link to a twitter feed which may be Damien Lewis where he says that the suspicious finger-jazzing is actually the theme tune to Match of The Day. laugh.gif

lmaosmiley.gif

I wasn't sure watching the episode but the blog suggests some of the flash backs may be really dreams which would cast doubt on everything we've seen in flash back.  ponder.gif

My sympathy was much more with Brody this week, Carrie beginning to come across pretty creepy.

Ooh, hadn`t considered that at all. ponder.gif And ditto - I`m finding Carrie even creepier than last week - can`t believe ( at this stage) that Brody is a baddie at all. smile.gif

And - apropos of nothing - Brody has my bed. laugh.gif
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 08:44 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (little pixie @ Feb 29 2012, 07:04 PM)
Guardian Episode 2 Blog:

The blog has a link to a twitter feed which may be Damien Lewis where he says that the suspicious finger-jazzing is actually the theme tune to Match of The Day.  laugh.gif

lmaosmiley.gif

I wasn't sure watching the episode but the blog suggests some of the flash backs may be really dreams which would cast doubt on everything we've seen in flash back. ponder.gif

Ooh, hadn`t considered that at all. ponder.gif And ditto - I`m finding Carrie even creepier than last week - can`t believe ( at this stage) that Brody is a baddie at all. smile.gif

The bit where the cell door is open and he walks into the light seems a bit strange to me so that could be a dream or maybe a delusion. shrug.gif

Ooh I'll have to pay close attention to the bed next week, I take it you mean the bed in the family home and not whatever he was sleeping on during his years of captivity in that cell. wink.gif tongue.gif
little pixie
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 02:56 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fangy and grrr @ Feb 29 2012, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (little pixie @ Feb 29 2012, 07:04 PM)
Guardian Episode 2 Blog:

lmaosmiley.gif

The bit where the cell door is open and he walks into the light seems a bit strange to me so that could be a dream or maybe a delusion. shrug.gif

Ooh I'll have to pay close attention to the bed next week, I take it you mean the bed in the family home and not whatever he was sleeping on during his years of captivity in that cell. wink.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Er, yes. John Lewis didn`t appear to go for `Iraqi Prison Cell Chic`. wink.gif
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 05:41 PM

Group Icon

laugh.gif

I'm sure they're already planning it for next season. smile.gif
little pixie
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 05:46 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fangy and grrr @ Mar 2 2012, 05:41 PM)
laugh.gif

I'm sure they're already planning it for next season. smile.gif

laugh.gif
prophecy girl
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:54 PM

Group Icon

Claire Danes: getting under the skin of Homeland's troubled CIA agent

article
prophecy girl
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 10:26 AM

Group Icon

Why the Israeli version of Homeland has even more shock value

article
little pixie
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 02:52 PM

Group Icon

Yikes, didn`t seem them bumping off the girlfriend/hooker quite so soon, and didn`t see who was behind it. ponder.gif
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:03 PM

Group Icon

Guardian Episode 3 Blog:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tva...n-one-episode-3

Oh I thought Prince Farid's friend wink.gif was a goner firstly when Carrie lied to her about her protection and then once she'd copied the phone.

I liked the detail about the use of jewellery as a way of moving / getting money. I wonder if they actually made her or just killed her for the necklace. ponder.gif

Very awkward sex scene sad.gif made even more awkward by the fact that Carrie was watching the whole thing. Again. no.gif

And I know its the least of her faults but is Carrie ever on time for a meeting at the CIA, I swear she's been late for every single one so far. rolleyes.gif wink.gif
Fangy and grrr
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 12:49 AM

Group Icon

Guardian Episode 4 Blog:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tva...n-one-episode-4

Really good episode. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I was wondering where they were going to go after the removal of the camera's but I did not expect Carrie to do that. ohmy.gif Not the only nice twist as I loved Carrie's boss ( David ? ) putting Carrie under covert surveillance, makes things nicely complicated. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
little pixie
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 01:41 PM

Group Icon

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

So, there appears to be a mole in the CIA who tipped off the supposed baddie that he was being followed ? How Spooksian. wink.gif

I thought that Carrie was getting found out by Brody outside the church, when she said she only went to a single meeting at different locations, then told him that they don`t expect you to speak till the 3rd meeting... Does he realise she`s spying on him, perchance ? ponder.gif

Oh dear at the deer. ninja.gif
prophecy girl
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 01:52 PM

Group Icon

Homeland renewed for second series by Showtime network

article
willowroolz
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 10:01 AM

A Lerxst in wonderland
Group Icon

Group: Special Member
Member No.: 9

Am I the only one who's finding Claire Danes's performance really poor? Badly miscast, I think, especially as everyone else is so good. eermm.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Homeland | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2707 seconds | Archive

Mark all posts as read

Linkage