Member No.: 2
Joined: 27-May 07
Ok, so that title wasn't exactly as serious as it should have been. But, yes, these are the rules, and you WILL follow them, like it or not. If you don't, you'll get warned and will eventually just get booted off of here. Nyax and myself won't put up with it, so fear our wrath. =P
Section One: General Rules
1. Being rude to each other will not be tolerated. If you don't like one of the members here, either ignore them or act kindly toward them. If you have a fight on an instant messenger with someone, in real life, or on another forum, then don't bring it to the board. It's immature, and the board had nothing to do with it. So just don't do it. Being rude to someone will get you a verbal warning at first, and if it persists, an eventual ban.
2. Pornography won't be allowed. Don't post images of nude people, we don't want it here. If you want to be perverted, go do it somewhere else. It won't be tolerated anywhere on this site and you'll get an instant ban if you do it. That's the way it's going to be.
3. Spam is stupid. Posting a lot of times in a row, posts with only a smilie or one word, posting in the wrong forum, etc, are all forms of spam. If you can't remember what spam is, think of it like this: Stupid, Pointless, Annoying, Messages. Pretty, neat, huh? Spamming will get you warnings, and if it continues, a ban.
4. DON'T POST WHOLE MESSAGES LIKE THIS, lIkE tHiS, or in all lower case. All caps is shouting, and caps and lower cases every other letter is just hard to read. All lower case is too, sometimes, so please try to use proper grammar. We won't hound you for it, but please try. Posting one word or a few words in all caps is ok for emphasis, but not a whole post.
5. If you're going to join, stay active. Or we'll delete your account, that simple. If you're going away for a few days, post in the appropriate forum.
6. Don't ask to be a mod. If you do, you'll never become one. Don't ask ANYTHING about becoming a moderator here. Nyax and myself will choose when the time is right, and we'll only choose members who follow the rules, are active, and know how the site is going to run.
7. If you're going to advertise, make sure the site is appropriate, or you'll find yourself banned faster than you can say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". Long word... but still, you'll get banned. And don't join only for the sake of advertising, that will get you banned too.
8. Minor swear words will be allowed. Ass, bastard, bitch, damn, and hell are alright, but none of the others. And don't use swear words every line in every post... keep it to a minimum and when you need it, or else your post will be edited and you'll get a warning. Also, make sure it's alright to curse with the person you're RPing with; some people don't like it, and you need to be considerate of that.
Section Two: Role Playing Rules
1. No god-modding. Dodging every hit, not having a weakness, and being all powerful is sickening and unrealistic. Not even elder vampires can do that! No one is perfect, so your characters shouldn't be either. Give them weaknesses, take hits; make them real! Also, don't say that an attempt for an attack hit. Takes the fun out. You may do this if you have permission, however. You really shouldn't do anything to another character without permission, though.
2. Don't control other peoples characters. It's annoying, not appreciated, and that character isn't YOURS to play. Please play only your own characters, unless you are granted permission to do something.
3. If the power your character has is too powerful, you will be asked to fix it. No ifs, ands, or buts.
4. Don't kill another character without permission. Don't turn a character into a vampire without permission, either. See rule number one; don't do anything to another character that will affect them greatly without permission.
5. Don't role play sex. Don't go anywhere NEAR role playing sex. You WILL get banned for it and we most likely WON'T give you warnings. We know that there's a bar, that there will be romance, etc, but no sex. Too bad.
Section Three: Chat Box
All the rules mentioned here are to be followed on the chat box. Also, when on the chat box, don't come up with multiple identities, and don't spam it up. We have the right to ban your account from the cbox, and we can also remove the cbox at any time.
Section Four: Wrap Up
We, the staff of Crimson Night Coven, reserve the right to ban, warn, suspend, or edit your account as we see fit. We can skip warnings and ban you straight away, for we have the right to do so. Trouble members won't be tolerated here.
However, with that said, we hope you have fun here, and abide by the rules at all times.