zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Colonial Police. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Official Complain About the CP Thread, Don't Feed the Trolls
Keiichi
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 01:35 PM

Least Wanted

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

[LEXY: This is just a thread where all general complaints about the CP are going to be stored. If you're moved here, it doesn't mean we hate you, it just means your complaint is probably non-specific and we need to keep our forum clean.]

The Colonial Police accept anybody that can do even a bit of work. I WAS IN IT, DURING THE FOURTH INVASION!

sleep.gif

2nd Post:

I've seen the Colonial Police be under 2 former leaders, now three I guess. It all ends up the same way. They fuck up and make a mistake, York hates them forever.

Kjendlie- Went crazy and begin thinking everybody was plotting against him.

Old Macdonald- Taxed pirates, and he'll still be remembered for that one tiny act.

You could say your making all sorts of changes, that the Colonial Police has a new face in the public. But with all the history of the clan, it's kind of hard to shake off the image it brings to mind. If you are smart....which I assume you are....you'd forget the Colonial Police, and make a clan to aid civil peace in York. The Colonial Police have long be regarded as criminals in their own right, and not much of a help to the public. Look at the police force in Derby! They actually do a good job. However, the CP will always end in failure because of the tiny/huge mistakes they make.

If you are smart, which I assume you are, you will just make a new clan to help civil protection in York. Just because the CP has a new leader does not mean it wont repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I actually think you trying to steer the Colonial Police into a new direction is a good thing, but it just wont work. Old Macdonald tried the same thing, and failed badly. I do not think you are a bad person, but you are with the wrong clan.

[OOC LEXY: combined posts to keep this area clean. Appreciate the input, however the CP is pretty much a new group anyway.]

--------------------
Yay!
Keiichi
Posted: Sep 25 2007, 02:09 PM

Unregistered

I've been posting here for quite awhile now. Most of the things I say people ignore, but I do have an opinion to be heard. I would like to believe that the CP are going to change, but how are you going to have it change? A few things wont make much of a difference, I think. I guess I should stop being just ANTI-CP BLAH BLAH BLAH I HATE YOU GUYS DIE DIE DIE. If I want to see change, I will have to consider everybody else and shares my thoughts in a polite and orderly fasion.

So, my thoughts on how the Colonial Police could change? Im going to list some ideas instead of just complaining about it.

1. Have York vote for the CP officers. If York votes for who they want as officers, they will have a police-force that they can trust and respect.
[Lexy: Shartak people are pretty apathetic at best. You can't get them to show up for free gold nevermind voting. Best we can do is maybe advertise new members as they join to give people a chance to voice their dislike of a new officer.]

2. Establish a plan for raids and battles. You could organize a citizen's militia, have gold set back to provide York with medical supplies and weapons to fight invaders, and be ready for any sort of event.
[Lexy: We've never had an invasion that would warrant this level of organisation. Invasions are just not dangerous. Best we can do is share intel with the public.]

3. Attempt to make a positive image of the Colonial Police. In order for others to trust the CP, they need to see that they are actually being helped. Instead of just killing criminals, why not go around and ask people of their concerns and beliefs?
[Lexy: Again, apathy is an issue. People can express when they want. Anyone wandering York asking people's 'beliefs and concerns' is going to be killed repeatedly. No one we have been killing recently has had anyone defend them.]

4. Have advisors outside of the Colonial Police. This would be good to have outside views, and other people may see things differently than you do and bring up a good point about something that you may have not noticed.
[Lexy: YC Nighter has full access to our entire forum and it's going to stay that way. Don't always agree with Nighter but he is pretty awesome.]

5. Instead of outright attacking or killing a person, try to get their side of the story. You never know, they could have just been getting some sort of revenge for earlier wrongdoings.
[Lexy: Do that already. Not sure where the idea comes from that we don't. The majority of persons on our wanted list are repeated pk'ers/nuts who are likely never going to reform.]

6. Try to foster healthy relationships with other outsider towns and native villages. The more people who support York, the better.
[Lexy: York has a reputation which is quite hard to change. Currently the CP has no plans to expand out to other settlements and it would be silly/counter-productive to do so.]

7. Do not insult other players no matter the circumstance. They may be acting like total dicks, but do YOU have to resort to that?
[Lexy: Agree with this to an extent, believe it helps keep things in game. Its something that just comes with time. I just enjoy the game. I think 5punk and even Serious Sam are quite funny, don't feel the need to get abusive generally.]

These are just some ideas. They may suck, but think about using some of em'.
[Lexy: Thank you for the ideas and stuff. Pretend I bought M&Ms for you.]
Arwedda
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 05:24 AM

Officer

Member No.: 4

And when's the Wiki article going to be updated?
Old Macdonald
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 06:31 AM

Farmer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 58

I came here to say that, well, not in this thread. But yeah, some vandal came along and messed the place up (which Simon fixed). The old public KOS list is still showing, tons of old CP officer who have left are still listed (you should just delete the whole lists, itís too damn hard to remove things without screwing the whole thing up) and the news is months old. I suggest getting someone else to do it like a real wiki wiz.

--------------------
user posted image

Old Macdonald had a farm, damn pirates.
Lexus
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 12:23 PM

Captain

Member No.: 75

Be fixed up as soon as we find someone or as soon as I get free time. :/

Old Macdonald
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 12:23 AM

Farmer

Ask 5punk, they always complain about too much free time.

--------------------
user posted image

Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 01:00 AM

Captain

Member No.: 62

no we don't, we love our free time.
Old Macdonald
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 06:40 AM

Farmer

So out of the love of free time you guys pinned WILLIES all over York and the Wreck?

--------------------
user posted image

Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 06:51 AM

Captain

Yes, we spent our free time doing something fucking awesome. smile.gif
cthulhu
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 09:02 AM

Officer

Member No.: 100

QUOTE (Here to kill lacuna. @ Dec 29 2007, 06:51 AM)

I admire your spirit smile.gif

--------------------
First Mate to the 1st Derby Privateers
Old Macdonald
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 11:48 PM

Farmer

QUOTE (Here to kill lacuna. @ Dec 29 2007, 04:51 AM)

Ok, so that was your free time. Then what do you do in your not-free time?

--------------------
user posted image

Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Dec 30 2007, 01:42 AM

Captain

QUOTE (Old Macdonald @ Dec 29 2007, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Here to kill lacuna. @ Dec 29 2007, 04:51 AM)
Yes,  we spent our free time doing something fucking awesome. smile.gif

Ok, so that was your free time. Then what do you do in your not-free time?

Bill hourly. biggrin.gif
billfred
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 10:09 AM

Rifleman of the 2/95th

Member No.: 97

I am here to complain about Naarthwestun.

I was on business in the York Medical Hut and saw Pathetic Bill in there. I warned Naarthwestun about him. I said: "Hey Naarth, Pathetic Bill is in the med hut, he's a notorious Pirate killer" - me being Bluebeards Leg.

I log on today and find myself dead... Dead at the hands of Pathetic Bill.

And before you ask, yes I did announce my arrival in the Med Hut as a friendly pirate.

--------------------
user posted image
If you like it. PM me and I'll make you one.
Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 01:50 PM

Captain

That's not a complaint about the CP, that's you sleeping somewhere with known murderers, don't be so bloody stupid next time.
billfred
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 06:29 PM

Rifleman of the 2/95th

I was no asleep. I was just resting my eyes.

I warned a CP member and he did nothing to prevent a murder. And let a known murderer walk free.

--------------------
user posted image
Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 07:14 PM

Captain

perhaps he was out of AP?

maybe he didn't see until you were dead?
billfred
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 10:25 PM

Rifleman of the 2/95th

Yea, 'cos I know who's got AP and who hasn't...

--------------------
user posted image
Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 11:32 PM

Captain

Exactly.

CP officers do what they can to try to keep the game fun for the majority.

That doesn't mean they can defend you immediately you talk to them, they're not telepathic.

Get a better fucking attitude, and stay the fuck away from people who you know are gonna kill you.
billfred
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 10:56 AM

Rifleman of the 2/95th

Me get a better attitude?

I bring business to York and you talk to me like crap.

--------------------
user posted image
Here to kill lacuna.
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 06:40 PM

Captain

You seem to bring stupidity to York, then complain when you die in a place you know is filled with murdering zergers.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Quick Reply

LINKS
Shartak CP wiki-page Official Shartak forum Eastern Federation forum Royal Expedition forum MG13 gang's forum Imperial Privateers forum

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0580 seconds · Archive