CASTANET ISLAND
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon! We are a Harvest Moon based RP forum set on Castanet Island. We have dozens of canon characters from all the games to pick from, but you can always make your own character as well. Feel free to look around our forums and see what insanity the members have been up too.

Slowly, the snow has melted away and the green grass has been poking it's way up. Flowers have begun blooming again, the trees are leafing, and the fish are swimming. However, the entire island is still not at ease. With the continued search for the missing Harvest Sprites, some of the villagers run around frantic worried about what will happen to the island if they don't find all of the sprites. Also, some villagers have noticed that the sea seems...different. Not as gentle as it used to be. However, not that many villagers are worried about it now though. Is it an omen of things to come?

SPRING Y2
5th-11th

Male:Female
47:54
Upcoming Dates
New Years Festival-ONGOING
Flower Festival- Spring 15th
Goddess Festival- Spring 26th

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

spy vs spy, [Tobias private; Briar requested]
Pesty
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 07:37 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

Group: Farmer
Member No.: 69

It's a cool afternoon with some clouds smearing the sky, painting over the blue canvas. The sun is pale and dingy as it cowers behind the fluffy clouds. Striking the sky the church looks so quaint instead of that horrific instilling-the-fear-of-god visage. Really he finds it comforting all the same. No, not religion, just the architecture. If he hadn't fallen so hard for Reaver and chosen his career to be directed at animals, Tobias knows he would've been either a writer or an architect. The man emerges from the trees as his senses inhale the church grounds. His elongated legs stretch out as he walks to a bench and sits down, square shoulders rolling to dislodge the backpack from his backside, letting it sit at his feet. Since his arrival he's changed into something more civilized and was able to wash in the rivers as well as shave any stubble from his cheeks, chin stubble trimmed. Tobias feels comfortable when he's clean and groomed, knowing his dog is too. Which is why Reaver's fur is still a bit damp from his master bathing him.

Long arm easing out along the top of the bench the man stares at the church surrounded by loyal trees, ancient guardians of nature. Reaver is lying against the backpack, staring up at his master with inquisition in his soft eyes and his tail patting the ground. The slender canine sits up and pushes out a paw to scrape at Tobias' thigh. Tobias smiles and tilts his head back, closing his eyes to pointedly ignore his pet. Reaver, perturbed, perks his ears and leans his neck one way to try and look at the man's face. What's going on? Is his master suddenly ill?! Reaver licks his chops nervously and wiggles his hips, shifting his weight back and forth from his haunches as he begins to whine. Lifting his head up Tobias opens his blue eye with a grin. The brown eye opens soon after, making Reaver whoof and bound into the man's lap. Circling a few times and misplaced paws making Tobias wince, Reaver lies across his master's lap with his hind feet dangling off the end of the bench and his head on his master's lap. With a light chuckle one hands smooths out Reaver's ears as the other rubs at his pet's belly, mindful of the speedbump.
NALASAURUS
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 09:06 AM

rawr i'm a monster

Member No.: 26

-----
user posted image user posted image user posted image
YOU KNOW I HOW HOW TO MAKE 'EM STOP AND STARE AS I ZONE OUT. WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME I GO ALL OUT. CAN'T EVEN HANDLE ME.
-----
If there was someone in the world whom Briar loved more than anything, it was her cat, Coco. Midnight black with a white patch on her right eye, Coco had been with Briar for three years now and the girl couldn't imagine life without her. Which was why, when Briar had left home, she'd taken Coco along. Though Coco wasn't the cheapest cat to manage, Briar never once regretted her desicion to keep the cat with her. Coco was more than just a pet, she was... home. She was family. She was all Briar had here in Castanet, even if she was too fat for her own good. And thought herself to be some kind of queen.

It was a fine day, one that really should have been spent outside. Briar had other ideas. She'd found a good book earlier that she'd just been itching to read. However, as soon as she'd curled up on a chair with said book, Coco had jumped into her lap. The crazy cat wanted to explore the island, but didn't actually want to walk. She probably expected Briar to cart her around the place. Normally, Briar would just shove Coco off, but today was a nice day anyway, so why not? She needed to familiarize herself with the island as well. So, dressed lightly with the fat cat in her arms, Briar left the inn and headed off to what she hoped was the beach.

And ended up at the church instead. Again.

Seriously, what was with her and this place? This would be the second time she'd found herself here. It didn't make much sense, since Briar wasn't a religious person. And her last encounter here hadn't been a pleasant. Well... Coco seemed to be enjoying the gentle breeze. Briar sighed. She recalled some benches being in the vicinity. Maybe the two could sit down somewhere. Hugging the cat to her chest, she started walking towards and empty bench when suddenly, Coco lifted her head up and hissed. Briar peered down at the girl, wondering what was wrong. Coco was a mild mannered cat, she never got agitated over anything.

The black cat jumped out of the blonde's arms and sauntered over an occupied bench. Briar ran after her, thinking that perhaps it would have been better to just ignore Coco after all. But she hadn't, now she had to deal with this. It was easy to see what had garnered the cat's attention. A dog. Oh goddess, an adorable dog! It took all Briar had to not let out a squeal of happiness.

The blonde adored dogs. All cute animals really, but dogs the most. She'd ever actually owned one (they were too much trouble) but that didn't mean she wasn't a fan. Coco on the other hand... didn't like them at all. She was a cat, it was expected. Scooping the cat up, Briar turned her attention to the dog's owner. He looked... big. But he was obviously a nice person, why else would this dog obviously love him so much? Giving the two a small smile, Briar said "Sorry about this" referring to Coco.

-----
Pesty
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 08:55 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

SP 1st-4th
IN THE PM.

A shrill hiss gives the dog cause to sit up from his master's lap. Feathered audits perking up he stares at the intruding feline. Reaver's whippet tail arches into the air in surprise with it's silky cords hanging down. Tobias, startled, glances down at the cat with concern. Is it a stray? Thankfully this notion is dismissed as a young woman rushes up to them. The man smiles in a benign manner and nods. "No trouble, I'm sure she wants to see what new peasant is roaming her kingdom." Tobias knows cats generally dislike dogs and vice versa. Cats are rather high maintenance but are still wonderful companions. Although they do expect to be treated as royalty, thusly viewing dogs as silly little goofs. Which Tobias wouldn't argue with.

Reaver, seeing a new face, pushes out his chest and wags his tail. His front legs dive off to hit the ground as his rump remains in his master's lap with that dancing tail slapping Tobias' face. The man jerks his head to one side and pats the animal's haunches to coax Reaver to sit on the ground. It's a good thing Tobias isn't wearing his reading glasses or they would've been knocked aside by now. The ivory canine eyes Coco and lies down on his freckled belly. His jaws part into a grin as he cocks his head up at the stranger. He begins to crawl towards her, trying to nose at her ankles in a friendly greeting.

Tobias studies the fat cat. His inner professional wants to fret over the animal's weight. However Tobias never corrects his patients about the weight of their pets. Not unless it's incredibly life threatening. Some people prefer to have chubby pets and some animals choose to be chubby. Besides, jelly-bellied cats are so endearing. "My name is Tobias, this is Reaver. We're new in town and stopped here for a rest. Would you like to keep us company, miss?" he doesn't know if she has anywhere important to be, but he wants to get to know the villagers. And Tobias is just a friendly guy in general.

NALASAURUS
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 02:35 PM

rawr i'm a monster

Member No.: 26

-----
user posted image user posted image user posted image
YOU KNOW I HOW HOW TO MAKE 'EM STOP AND STARE AS I ZONE OUT. WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME I GO ALL OUT. CAN'T EVEN HANDLE ME.
-----
It was actually a little embarrassing, Coco's behavior. Briar would never claim to have the most well behaved cat in the world, but Coco usually was very mild mannered. It was the dog, of course. Briar admired the canine, but Coco... she was eyeing the animal with distrust in her eyes. Her entire body was tense, ready to leap into action at any minute. After giving the cat a small peck on her smooth little head, Briar turned her attention back to the dog and its owner. The man didn't seem to be bothered by any of this, which made Briar feel a bit better. At least she wasn't making... more enemies. At his statement, the blonde let out a quiet laugh. "I don't think we've been around long enough for her to consider this her kingdom. She certainly behaves like a queen though."

The man's dog was such a darling. Briar watched him with shining eyes while Coco... she'd turned her attention to the man, eyeing him with distaste. The black cat liked people for the most part. Did she dislike this man because of the dog? Sighing softly, Briar scratched the cat's belly, causing her to purr a little. Why couldn't her cat be a little more friendly? Briar badly wanted to lean down and pet the dog, but Coco made it very clear that if the blonde was touch the animal, she'd leave. So Briar offered the dog a small smile instead.

Tobias and Reaver... newcomers such as herself. That explained why she hadn't seen them before. Not that she was an expert on the town's citizens... "I'm Briar. It's nice to meet you." She'd shake his hand... but Coco refused to come down now. Really, what a troublesome cat. When Tobias asked her to join them, Briar bit her lip. She hadn't been planning to do anything... oh, why not? "I'd love to." Briar said after a pause. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, wondering if she should sit down. She eventually decided against it, it would just make her feel more awkward.

"What... what breed is Reaver?" Briar asked after a bit. She'd never seen a dog like him before, and was genuinely interested.

-----
Pesty
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 04:27 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

SP 1st-4th
IN THE PM.

He smiles at the remark and again admires the black cat. That white patch on her eye is rather cute, reminding him of oreo cookies. Tobias would love to pet the feline but knows she won't appreciate Reaver's smell all over him. Or for even being associated with a dog. Still he relaxes against the bench with his long limbs. Meanwhile his pooch rolls over on his side, resting his head across Briar's feet. He stares up at her with those large puppy eyes and tries in vain to tempt her to pet him instead of hold the darn cat. If only. Reaver knows he won't be pet with Coco around. With a light huff the dog sits up and wags his tail at Briar in understanding. He turns to jump onto the bench again, stretching his forelegs across Tobias' lap and resting his chin in the crook of his daddy's arm.

With one arm pinned down the man uses the other to rub his dog's ears. The animal doctor seems to brighten considerably at the girl's question, beaming nearly. "He's a saluki. They're within the greyhound family and began in the east, Egypt I think it was, primarily as pets for royalty and sighthounds. Sighthounds are a type of hunting dog which relies mainly on its sight when hunting." Tobias begins his jubilant ramble about the breed of his dog. He only knows so much of it since he did extensive research once he had Reaver as his pet. "The saluki is an intelligent breed, but this makes them get bored easily. I have to train Reaver in short sessions and use a new toy each time I go to play with him or he loses interest." by now the goliath is stroking Reaver's snout slowly, caressing from his forehead down to the tip of his blackberry nose. The hound's eyes are closed and his forelegs are drawn up against his chest happily.

Tobias looks up from spoiling his overgrown puppy. "Briar, is it? I hope your cat doesn't dislike me for too long. Or at least dislikes me just with Reaver around. I'm an animal veterinarian so I try to have a decent bond with all prospective patients." he pauses before holding up his hands quickly, "Not that I'm saying I hope to see her soon in any clinic though!" from his brief outburst Reaver lifts his head. Hey, why did Tobias stop petting him?! The dog growls faintly as he mouths the man's forearm. Tobias snorts a bit at his dog before stroking his snout again and giving Briar a sheepish expression.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Options ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

QUICK LINKS

CHATTER

STAFF

SPOTLIGHT
TBD

AFFILATE
HM Affiliates
Harvest DreamsHarvest Moon Meadow! Adelaide Village

Vote for LoHM!
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOMRPF Topsite

Credits
Sidebar: Dana @ RCR
Header: Mimmy @ RCR
Coding Help: RCR
Skin: Vagrant @ Caution! 2.0 Background: The Inspiration Gallery

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6070 seconds | Archive
RPG-D The RPG Collection Zireling KingdomShayz'renth and Beyond > Roleplay FeverCaprice of Dusk
058 skin by nena.luna.serena of BP, RCR, RPGU.